Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: Stronghold: Kingdoms  (Read 154313 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold: Kingdoms
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »

Will the run out they gate if they're inside the walls? Otherwise, I'll just cluster them around the entrance to the keep.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »

Keep them at defense inside the keep. I lost my first AI-Siege because I had a couple set to aggressive and they ran out and got distracted while the enemy peasants just walked into the keep and I lost.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2011, 05:29:00 pm »

Is everyone in one area? If I join I'd like to ally with you guys.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2011, 05:30:22 pm »

I wonder why I can't build an iron mine even though I researched iron mining.
Does your map have iron? In my village, the iron is the orange-red rocks on the bottom-right of the village screen.

The starting village should have some iron. Some landscape types don't, but the one you start in definitely should.
Yeah, I see iron but I think I only researched iron smelting and not the actual building.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2011, 05:31:23 pm »

Well most of us are, some of us older players of it are clear across the game country. Like I'm in lower Ireland while one of my vassals is in Scotland.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2011, 05:32:28 pm »

Most of us seem to be in Ross-Shire Scotland.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2011, 05:40:10 pm »

I just realized that focusing on Food probably wasn't a very good idea being right next to what I can only assume is a enemy country.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2011, 05:47:40 pm »

I wish I could poof over to Ross-shire now that I know you guys are over there. I picked Ireland because I saw someone here that was from there, and someone said they were in Ross-shire and the ireland guy said "Oh you're way far away from everyone else"

Blarg.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »

I just realized that focusing on Food probably wasn't a very good idea being right next to what I can only assume is a enemy country.
You don't really have enemies until you join a faction. When you capture a village, you lose honour proportional to the difference between the attacker's rank and yours. So if you're low level you probably won't get attacked by other players. That being said, if you plan on doing a lot of warmongering, then max out army speed, captain speed, archer hp, swordsman hp and Eucharist(for interdiction) and diplomacy eventually.
I'm in East Anglia, there's two in Ireland, 1 in wales, and the rest in Scotland I believe. I'm not to sure how a Bay12 alliance would work out due to our low numbers. Myself, and Tyler are already members of factions and I don't know about him but I'm not really prepared to leave them for a Bay12 faction.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:47 pm »

Another thing, when will I be able to make bows?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2011, 06:48:49 pm »

Bows require Weapon making and Fletching I believe, then 4000 Wood + 1900 Stone to build the workshop
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:56:04 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2011, 07:01:00 pm »

Bows require Weapon making and Fletching I believe, then 4000 Wood + 1900 Stone to build the workshop
The cost for the workshop depends on what you have researched in tools. Tools reduces building cost. To make archers you need level 2 command and level 1 long bow in the military tab.  You need to be rank 6 to research fletching and longbow.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2011, 07:07:14 pm »

Okay, thanks.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »

I just Looted a Cheese stash, winning 50 Cheese but also more importantly 370(?!?!) Honour.

I Ranked up twice.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2011, 07:40:00 pm »

That's a lot of honour.

You do get honour if you're the first to scout it, which reveals to everyone(in your parish?) what resources are there, but that's quite a bit to get from that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40