Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1412439 times)

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

Im looking forward to fire and sword. Hey, anybody knows a good novel about that history period? (specially from that part of europe)
How about the novel series "With Fire and Sword" by Henry Sienkiewicz. :P The new standalone is adapted from those books.

Ok, i feel embarrassed, are you happy?!   :'(   ...oh god damn internet, I've started to ask questions without checking first...i became one of "them".  :o

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2011, 05:33:24 pm »

Yes! Got Arma II ten minutes before the sale ended, traded three tf2 hats for it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2011, 01:45:53 am »

Bernard Cornwells Sharpe series are excellent, based in Napoleonic wars though.  He does some of the best historical stuff ive read.  (Uthred the Saxon in brytanwalda mod for warband easteregg?).   I have both the old mount and blades and just got the upcoming one.  Vanilla is a fairly good game, modded these games can be hours of fun.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2011, 08:08:07 am »

Yep, bought me the complete pack today, also noticed Section 8: Prejudice was on a bit of a sale and thought why not, i actually like the game, reminds me much of Tribes and its pretty.

fakeedit: too pretty, laptop is struggling >_>

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »

I got the complete pack as well. Surprisingly small game (compared to most others full-install-wise). Overall price seems nice, especially compared to overall price. I'd say it's worth it as well. I'll have to reserve some time to get into it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2011, 01:14:19 pm »

If you're a lover of TF2 hats, buying the complete pack seems to not give the hats to you. People have gotten them instantly by preordering alone. I and others who bought the complete pack haven't received squat despite actually preordering the game.

Meh. The missing hats don't bother me. It's not receiving everything I was told I would receive that bothers me. Receiving everything you paid for is a good thing.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »

I feel very pleased that I was able to snatch up all the M&Bs for 20 bucks. I have been waiting for this for a long, long time..just could not get myself to buy warband until now, but have loved M&B for years..I think fire and sword will be a blast, cant wait :)
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2011, 05:07:26 pm »

Men Of War titles on sale, including Assault Squad for 11 Dollars(Map pack still 5$)

So tempted but low on cash so *Shrug*
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »

The Mass Effect series is on sale, if there's anyone besides me who hasn't played them yet. <.<

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2011, 06:08:32 pm »

The Mass Effect series is on sale, if there's anyone besides me who hasn't played them yet. <.<

Heh, I could never get far into the first one.  The combat was fun but I got bored to tears wandering around the cities talking to everyone.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2011, 06:30:10 pm »

Heh, I could never get far into the first one.  The combat was fun but I got bored to tears wandering around the cities talking to everyone.  :)
Yeah, I got really tired of the "planet searching" part of the game after about the third system I went to. Every single planet had stuff that didn't show up on the map. This wouldn't be a big deal if there weren't like 20+ planets to search. I get that discovery can be fun, but what's the point of adding content if almost no one is going to experience it?

Ranting aside, I've just started playing ME2 a bit ago, and can say that they removed a decent amount of exploration compared to the first. That might sound like a bad thing, but really all they did was cut out the majority of time-sinks. There's still a bit of "exploration" in some of the towns, but it's considerably more streamlined than the first. If you enjoyed parts of the first but couldn't get far because of lack of interest, the second one may work out a lot better for you. I think planet searching has been replaced with a sort of mini-game type thing, which might still be a time-sink but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I found that I'm enjoying the combat a lot more as well. They expanded the mechanics to the point where choosing your weapon type, good aim, conserving ammo, and using abilities actually matter.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »

By the end of ME2, you will hate the new planet searching.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:30 pm »

That was the most worthless part of the game and I felt no qualms about memory hacking in those minerals.

Also, I bought men of war- assault squad. Thanks for the heads up.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »

Men Of War titles on sale, including Assault Squad for 11 Dollars(Map pack still 5$)

Whats best? MoW regular or Assault Squad?
I got nothing

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2011, 02:11:59 am »

Whats best? MoW regular or Assault Squad?

I've heard that Assault Squad improves a lot over the standard MoW, Not sure yet though.

(Thank you Hemmingjay :) )
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1133