Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 36780 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 2, 7/9]
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2011, 02:30:01 pm »

Oh, hey! I still have a "bah" post!
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2011, 11:57:00 am »

The next several hours were spent in silence. "Nothing to say, huh?" Pan asked Saint Draze. "No defense of yourself, no protests of innocence?"

Silence.

"So be it." Pan threw the throwing knife he'd been toying with at Saint Draze, who moved forward into it, knocking it astray as the shortened distance caused its hilt to deflect off his quite suddenly raised arm.

As tended to happen, Saint Draze reached for his own weapon. As he took aim, Pan hopped backwards over the table and behind it.

One of your number promptly flipped the table - 20 feet by 4 feet by a solid 6 or so inches of solid wood, to be specific - singlehandedly. Saint Draze fired upon the others as they scrambled over it and took cover behind it. It was quite clear that the fast thinker who'd provided you shelter was Lord Nincompoop. It seemed his reputation as a stupid brute was false. It seemed the rumors of his prodigal strength were not. The woman, whom most among you had already assumed was Vector, the infamous ex-Russian-military sniper, darted out a door to one side of the room. Saint Draze swore as he made his way towards the opposite side. If she could get her rifle up to one of the castle's towers it would make it impossible for him to cross the open ground to escape.

With dread, the assembled assassins realized Toaster was among them as he withdrew from his pockets his signature lighter and a spray can of alcohol-based deodorant.

"You're Leafsnail, right?" Toaster asked one of them. Leafsnail, who had indeed been properly identified, looked to him. "You used to be a bodyguard, right? You were guarding me last night. Cover me."

"What are you-" Leafsnail attempted to protest before grudgingly accepting Toaster's request as the headstrong arsonist vaulted the table and sprayed a ball of fire at Saint Draze, who promptly turned and sprinted down a hallway.

As they pursued Saint Draze, both Leafsnail and Toaster drew their firearms, firing wild potshots as they followed him down the twisting, winding corridors of the castle. Vector, in the meantime, had ascended to a tower overlooking the space between the keep and the outer walls and set up her sniping position. Behind her, a claymore ensured Saint Draze would not be in position to do anything he would regret attempting to her.

"There..." Vector hissed, beginning to steady her breathing. Saint Draze was sprinting across the grounds for the castle's chapel, Leafsnail and Toaster shortly behind, with Lord Nincompoop and Jokerman-EXE, a hacker and expert in all things wired whose talents were largely wasted in the castle. She realized Saint Draze was inspecting the towers he could see in turn - shit.

Saint Draze spotted the reflection of the sunlight off her rifle's lens and began firing at Vector. She ducked behind the parapets; she wasn't in the mood to risk a lucky shot taking her or her precious rifle out.

"Almost there," Saint Draze huffed to himself, panicked beyond all belief and nearly deafened by the constant gunshots. He just had to get to the secret passage in the chapel and he could seal it from the other side and be free. So close. He could almost taste freedom.

Unfortunately for him, he ended up tasting a steel bar to the face.

"Just as planned," the ever-plotting Web Addict declared as he smashed the gun out of Saint Draze's hand, leaving the Mafia Godfather helpless as he drew his weapon and executed Saint Draze with a single shot to the forehead.

The Town has won!

Elsewhere, a week later

"It didn't go like you said, Org," Pan declared darkly.

"What the f- how did you get in he-" the Litia family Underboss demanded.

"No. No more questions, no more of this. You fucked up," Pan snapped. "When you said you could take the top eleven down to three who were all aligned with the Litia family, I agreed. But you didn't follow through."

"It can still work."

"Can it? Do you think they'll let this happen again?"

"It can. They will," Org insisted.

Pan sighed. "I'm afraid I don't believe that, Underboss Org. With Zrk-2 and Saint Draze dead, the last people involved in this abortion of a power play are you and me. I'm afraid we're going to have to consider this contract..." He paused for effect as he puled out his gun."

"You don't want to do this, Pan! I'll give you anyth-"

"Terminated."

The sound of the gunshot would attract Org's men. It was time for Pan to leave.

Yeah, I had a lot of variations of the final scene in mind based on how many people were still alive / who those people were. You townies basically got the second-best ending (the best one being a successful protection Night 1 but all other things the same). Pan being a traitor was planned all along - it was the best way to explain how the Mafia got to kill every night despite his (in)security measures.

On a final note, I had a lot of fun with this and I hope everyone else did, too. Lastly, this link to the Google Doc I used for this game has all the PMs and day flavor unless I cocked up making it accessible:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5KzVfSPGdSdGVsRXZSMklEZnQ1R3hqU3k4ZFBZM2c&hl=en&authkey=CLSZzvcM
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »

First perfect town victory ever.

My case was going to be on Draze or Toaster (probably Draze), but then I got sick =/  So... yeah.  Well done, everyone.

Also, scum/deadchat?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »

Well, almost perfect. Still, day 2 win for town is nice.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »

Well, almost perfect. Still, day 2 win for town is nice.

Nah, it counts as a perfect win, or at least by my standards it does.  In any case, this is pretty much the fastest town win in a fair game ever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2011, 12:34:41 pm »

"Well that was just aboot the closest thing t'ever happen to us, eh?" Jokerman-EXE asked, surprisingly cheerful despite the gravity of the situation. His outrageously Canadian accent lent him a jovial air, as did the perpetual smile that almost always dominated his countenance. His joy was mostly the product of his relief: having been forced to live in this castle, with no electricity and almost no running water, he had felt extremely nervous that he wouldn't be able to do much other than sit around and die. It wasn't often that the hacker was left feeling helpless, but there it was.

"Real brutal, y'are," he babbled at Web Addict after catching his breath from the run. He slapped him on the shoulder and pointed at Toaster. "I was a touch suspicious of ya both, don'tcha know? I'm glad it all worked out though." He squinted along the line of towers until he caught the telltale signs of glinting metal and bullet-holes in the parapets. Assuming Vector was still looking down at them, he smiled and waved broadly, using his entire arm and practically throwing himself off balance. "Scary one, eh?" he asked. "I thought she wanted me dead, she was just starin' at me the entire day and all. Hey, you think she likes me? Maybe I should invite her back ta my place and show her how Jokerman lives in the off-season, eh?" He laughed, but no one else did.

Excellent game. It's the first time in a very long time that I've been Vanilla anything. Glad it came out so well.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:06 pm »

Hmm... and interesting that I was characterized as a sniper, too.  I guess it does kinda fit my play style <3

Quote from: Zrk2
Ok, we're killing Vector. Now.

Hahahahaha

Yeeeeeeah
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:39:27 pm by Vector »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »

Feel free to thank me, if you want.

I managed to secure a Town base of LNCP and Vector D1, get the Roleblocker lynched instead of Vector, make myself look like the Towniest person ever despite doing things that are supposedly scumtells, and help lynch the Godfather. My only regret is not being the main cause of SaintDraze's lynch. I was merely a supporter.

Just as planned.

Now let's read what the Mafiachat was like.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »

Surviving by luck and a general happy nature?

It's like Pandar knows me.

Oh wait.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2011, 12:51:49 pm »

Haha >_____>

Yeah, I'm glad that the changes to my playstyle didn't get me lynched this time through.  Also happy that I managed to "snipe" both SaintDraze and Zrk2, the former for rolefishing and the latter for his craptacular attack on me.  Just wish I'd voted them at the time.

Ah, well... you and me, Webby, you and me <3

EDIT: Added to the Notable Games Archive.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:00:32 pm by Vector »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2011, 12:59:22 pm »

Welp, guess I was wrong then.  Why did you think Vector was town so much?

Enjoyable, though- very cerebral.

Very well done on the flavor, as well.  I take it Toaster lead into an arsonist flavor?  I've gotten cracks like that when playing TF2 as a Pyro.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2011, 01:03:47 pm »

Hey! I was right, it was SaintDraze!
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2011, 01:11:35 pm »

Huh... I'm curious about the logic of killing NativeForeigner.  He seemed neither particularly town nor particularly good.  I guess Draze might've genuinely figured him as cop, though.

SaintDraze was kindof scummy day one and completely obvious after Zrk2 died, to me.  Webadict and Toaster seemed really town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:35 pm »

I'm guessing he was hoping to implicate me so the town would lynch me, because I might be protected.

Why they weren't worried about Webadict, though... haha, I have no idea.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2011, 01:19:28 pm »

I admit to a bit of tunnel vision there at the end, though (as I said) I didn't trust Draze or Jokerman.  Leaf and Web I was pretty sure were town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19