Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699513 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #900 on: June 24, 2011, 08:32:17 pm »

Yes I will be the massive Russia 2.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 24, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

Eh, once a year or so soldiers of around the world are gathered here.

Only a few hundred or so soldiers, but still... if we can bribe them...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2011, 08:38:32 pm »

If you can deal with the massive opposition. Oh, and this game will definitely be punishing aggressive tactics: Nations will tend to ally if they feel threatened, and the UN will talk serious trash against you (yes, the UN will exist, but in my own view) and likely cause everyone to hate the aggressor. Just attacking other nations requires a serious Casus belli unless you like having everyone hating you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 24, 2011, 08:39:44 pm »

If you can deal with the massive opposition. Oh, and this game will definitely be punishing aggressive tactics: Nations will tend to ally if they feel threatened, and the UN will talk serious trash against you (yes, the UN will exist, but in my own view) and likely cause everyone to hate the aggressor. Just attacking other nations requires a serious Casus belli unless you like having everyone hating you.
Darnit you just crushed my all out war plans

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 24, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »

Yeah, you'll have to play it smart.

Get nations to like you, make other nations appear as the bad guy.

Then attack and occupy their country, secretly taking all their resources and stomping out any remaining resistance.

If you're lucky, you'll get to keep it for a while before everyone starts talking trash about you. If you're really lucky and the people really dislike their own government, you can keep the country forever.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 24, 2011, 08:48:01 pm »

Yeah, you'll have to play it smart.

Get nations to like you, make other nations appear as the bad guy.

Then attack and occupy their country, secretly taking all their resources and stomping out any remaining resistance.

If you're lucky, you'll get to keep it for a while before everyone starts talking trash about you. If you're really lucky and the people really dislike their own government, you can keep the country forever.
Assassins, Spies, Nuclear Submarines, and Stealth Bombers will be used quite a bit by me then [/jk]

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 24, 2011, 08:57:27 pm »

Can I be an expy of WW2 Germany? Not the racism thing, the 'world center of scientific research(if not ethical) and industry' thing.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »

Depends on what you spend your money on. Each country has so much money in the beginning. The more money per-soldier they spend, the more technologically advanced their soldiers are. Though remember that, since this be an RTD, the superior technology is not a guaranteed victory.

Also, if you guys haven't already, try Shadow President. That's what I'm loosely basing this game off of. http://www.abandonia.com/games/579/ShadowPresident.htm

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:29 pm »

Does it run on Vista without DOSBox?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 24, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

Depends on what you spend your money on. Each country has so much money in the beginning. The more money per-soldier they spend, the more technologically advanced their soldiers are.

Also, if you guys haven't already, try Shadow President. That's what I'm loosely basing this game off of. http://www.abandonia.com/games/579/ShadowPresident.htm
Can I spend all my funds on making nuclear submarines (Then use them as underwater nukes)?

Also thanks for the link.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 24, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »

Not sure, I haven't tried. But the Author is incorrect in this game not working in Dosbox, since I'm using dosbox. I'd use Dosbox anyway.

Go ahead and try it yourself, the game is a very small download of only 2951 kb.

Can I spend all my funds on making nuclear submarines (Then use them as underwater nukes)?
Sure, if you don't mind people getting all angry at their buildings getting run down and your military having no guns (thus letting anyone run over you very quickly).

But you'll just spend money on nukes in general. I won't use underwater stuff. There's a limit to the complexity I'll be making, and the whole spending system will likely push the game to the limit already.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 24, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »

I plan on being a peaceful and anti-war country, unlike some people here...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 24, 2011, 09:10:12 pm »

Not sure, I haven't tried. But the Author is incorrect in this game not working in Dosbox, since I'm using dosbox. I'd use Dosbox anyway.

Go ahead and try it yourself, the game is a very small download of only 2951 kb.

Sure, if you don't mind people getting all angry at their buildings getting run down and your military having no guns (thus letting anyone run over you very quickly).

But you'll just spend money on nukes in general. I won't use underwater stuff. There's a limit to the complexity I'll be making, and the whole spending system will likely push the game to the limit already.
I wish I could try it but for some reason abandonia isn't letting me download it.

Anyways back to the RTD all of my funds I quess will be going to a mix of economic development, and weapons.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2011, 09:11:41 pm »

Weakling. Unless your China.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »

Weakling. Unless your China.
By peace I mean pointing my guns at other nations, and/or bribing them.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 661