Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702294 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1005 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:18 pm »

Remind me to make my nation produce Thaads, GMDs and whatnot like mad so that when everyone else gets nuke happy I can tell them to go to their respective rooms while I launch media campaigns against their empires.
Just remember, alternate history.

Those things don't exist.

I don't plan for there to be a way to counter nukes in the game. The reason being that if the nukes are intercepted they loose their feeling of power.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 28, 2011, 07:07:38 am »

So, I actually started a RTD. Heavily influenced by F.E.A.R. , additionally influenced by Amnesia and Paranoia. It relies a lot on the players not knowing what's up and will include abstract visuals and screwed up hallucinations just to mess with the players. Wish me luck. I really like the story I have planned up in my head.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 28, 2011, 04:05:37 pm »

Well I have been finishing the Oblivon RTD, and here is the comabt system I have worked out any questions, problems, or ideas for this?

Spoiler: Combat Example (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 28, 2011, 04:40:18 pm »

Well I have been finishing the Oblivon RTD, and here is the comabt system I have worked out any questions, problems, or ideas for this?

It's pretty alright, but I thought you were gonna focus completely on your other three RTDs? You have updated the Disgaea one in a few days I think.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:52 pm »

I was taking a small break all my RTDs will have an update in atleast two days the alchemist on e will have an update tommorow

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 28, 2011, 06:00:55 pm »

Adwarf, no offence of course but i've noticed you seem to say that your busy to post. In all due respect if your to busy to post then why make three RTD's?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 28, 2011, 06:34:10 pm »

Adwarf, no offence of course but i've noticed you seem to say that your busy to post. In all due respect if your to busy to post then why make three RTD's?
I have only been busy ever now, and then,a dn the past couple of days I have been workign at my moms work so I really didn't have time to update them. I have the time to update them its just I need to wrok out a schedule for them.

Which I have

1. FMA RTD
2. Survivors
3. Assassin's Creed RTD
4. Disgaea RTD

so a turn will be up for Assassin's Creed,a dn FMA tommorow.

EDIT: Does anyone want the Oblivion Ruleset ? I added quite a few more items to the list, fixed all the stats,and added the combat spoiler so iif anyone want sit just ask.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:01:41 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 30, 2011, 10:22:28 pm »

Well I am pretty much done with messing around with it so here is the complete as I am going to make them Oblivion Rules

Oblivion RTD -

Backstory -
This country is in ruins as a civil war rips it apart slowly, but surely killing many people for a struggle over power that shouldn't have happened. This war was caused by the fall of the Imperial City, and the Imperials themselves for a band of Orcs thought it time to destroy them little did they know the chaos that they would cause themselves, and every race that calls this place home. They call themselves the Orcs of the Isles, and they have returned fifty years after destroying the Imperial City, adn all people within to take back the city they believe to rightfully be theirs. They have declared another war on the residents of the Imperial City, a faction known as 'The Shield of the People', they have come to take the city by force from this group, and that is where you six come in. You six are the Shield's latest recruits, and now as this story begins your city has come under siege by the Orcs of the Isles, adn their allies. Will you succeed in protecting the Imperial City, or will the Orcs come through victorious, adn throw the world in to a state of Chaos not seen since the gates of Oblivion were opened?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Birthsigns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starting Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light of the Nine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:03:19 pm by adwarf »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 01, 2011, 06:47:03 am »

I found no problems so far...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 01, 2011, 10:59:49 am »

Mage Sign still borked.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 01, 2011, 11:54:44 am »

You have the magika bonuses for Mage and apprentice switched. Mage is +100, apprentice is +200 and weakness. In the actual game. And the mage is waaaaaay too broken even still. Maybe +50 for the Mage?

Tower gets you a pair of powers, tower key and tower's shield. Tower key is 1/day (not sure how that would work in an RTD), open any lock up to medium difficulty. Tower shield costs magika, and gives you a shield effect.

Thief gives a bonus to speed and agility I think?

Yes, I do have a near-encyclopedic knowledge of Oblivion.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 01, 2011, 01:41:24 pm »

Tower gets you a pair of powers, tower key and tower's shield. Tower key is 1/day (not sure how that would work in an RTD), open any lock up to medium difficulty. Tower shield costs magika, and gives you a shield effect.

The tower had the Tower Warden, not Tower shield. It was reflect damage, not straight shielding.

Or beggars nose if we're going from morrowind.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 01, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »

I know the mage sign is still borked, but I don't see a way to balance them out since all of the other birthsigns are much more powerful than it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 01, 2011, 03:01:01 pm »

You could always just make it a magicka multiplier, like 1.5. That way it scales with the player and is always useful to a mage, and isn't overbalanced. (At first, anyway. At 20 Int a normal mage would have 200 MP but one with the birthsign would have 300.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 01, 2011, 03:02:30 pm »

Thats a good idea changing Mage to multiply Magicka by 1.5
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 661