Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702266 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1320 on: August 14, 2011, 10:09:48 am »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 14, 2011, 10:10:06 am »

I will, of course, take a reservation? :)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 14, 2011, 10:14:22 am »

I will, of course, take a reservation? :)
Same here please

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 14, 2011, 10:29:37 am »

@Darvi: Excellent work! How big of a map you think we should make? I was thinking 15-20 systems...?

Also, I'll take five players to start, unless the demand is that much more for me to just raise it to ten.

Digital Hellhound
Adwarf
Talarion
Taricus

Are who I have so far. Just say if I missed you.

Darvi obviously has a spot open for him if he helps *make* the game, but hasn't claimed it yet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 14, 2011, 10:33:32 am »

I'm trying to understand how Hexographer is supposed to work. It can be used for space maps, so I'll try my hand at that as soon as I can.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 14, 2011, 10:37:55 am »

Nah, I don't think I'll play.

And I can expand the map no problem, but for the beginning it should be more than enough.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 14, 2011, 10:40:57 am »

I can help make lore for planets in the systems if you give me an example, or guideline to go by.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 14, 2011, 10:55:07 am »

Yeah, that works.

We'll start the players down in the little brown system. Here's some example names...that I stole from other games/movies/novels...

Brown=Gaul

Teal=Cosmograd (lol?)

L. Orange=Atlantis

Red=Taipei

Yellow=Breton

D. Orange=New Mecca

Blue=Sol

@Adwarf: I'll retain the system names, you can do planets if you like.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 14, 2011, 11:05:27 am »

This is the kind of work you can do in Hexographer. It's a bit frustrating to use, but hey, so is DF. Very useful, as you can put down smaller icons next to planets or such to mark different things. Here the yellow icon next to the space station marks it as an industrial/mining station.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 14, 2011, 11:07:19 am »

Nice map Digital also once Digital has all the system maps I will begin naming them also do you want me to designate them a type like Earth World, or Ocean Planet when I name them?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 14, 2011, 11:08:49 am »

Planet Lore can be anything, but I guess we can designate Agricultural/Industrial/Population based planets.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 14, 2011, 11:26:35 am »

Uhh, I don't know anything about these systems except the names, it's pretty difficult to make dem maps. Unless you want to let me have free rein in everything...?

EDIT: Well, no matter, I've started making the Breton System, filled with references to the Breton people of France. >_>

EDIT2: And, of course, once I finish it and are about to place that last gun on the defensive station on the edge of the asteroid belt, my computer crashes durr.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:20:00 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 14, 2011, 01:19:32 pm »

Also, I'll take five players to start, unless the demand is that much more for me to just raise it to ten.

Digital Hellhound
Adwarf
Talarion
Taricus

Are who I have so far. Just say if I missed you.

Darvi obviously has a spot open for him if he helps *make* the game, but hasn't claimed it yet.

Reserve me!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 14, 2011, 01:19:56 pm »

So uh, I have a RTD I'm planning but I need some input on how balanced the different races are. This is the right place to ask about it right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 14, 2011, 01:36:54 pm »

The bonuses and penalties to each race is too vague for me to judge on balance. Well, either that or I'm too sleepy right now.

But it still sounds like an interesting RTD.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 661