Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702313 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1425 on: August 16, 2011, 07:05:21 am »

I'll throw an LCS-themed RTD sometime... but feel free to "steal" this idea - just notify me so I can be in! :)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 16, 2011, 08:22:43 am »

I'll throw an LCS-themed RTD sometime... but feel free to "steal" this idea - just notify me so I can be in! :)

ooh, nice. I'd be interested.

Inspired by a ridiculously tedious week of "science" at work (during which a colleague broke his back and there were many pigeon corpses) I am tempted by the idea of Roll to Work in an Office.

And more seriously but less work-inspired, one in Edwardian Britain, with anarchist plots and German spies and revolvers and biplanes and Dr Watson-alikes.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:10:46 pm by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40:49 pm »

Well, my space combat game is still progressing. Still thinking of a name...

I figured ship classes could be seperated into a simple rock-paper-scissors formula. Read!

Any suggestions for ships specials-which might just become Captains Skills-would be appreciated.

Spoiler: Long Range Vessels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Short Range Vessels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medium Range Vessels (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 16, 2011, 02:40:21 pm »

Ignore accidental post.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 16, 2011, 03:09:22 pm »

Multiworld Madness: Power is up guys get your sheets in.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 17, 2011, 08:49:28 am »

I was watching the Fate/Stay Night OVA's, when a thought flashed past my mind. Quick as I could, I opened my notepad and began furiously typing. This is the result...(It's still very incomplete although!)

I was thinking of a possible RTD, based on the Fate/Stay Night series. Players take control of one of the five Heroes/Servants, and battle to the death. A free game, in a sense; - They can ally with anybody, and betray whoever, it's their choice really. Possible servants listed later.

Character Creation:
Name: (What your character is called...obviously)
Skill: (As in, what your area of Expertise lies. Maybe you're good with weapons, or sneaking. Good at charming people, or surviving. Choose one such thing. Examples: +1 to all rolls involving defending self, or +1 to bladed weaponry.
Appearance: (What your character looks like)
Starting Items: (List down below, sorry. I'd rather have the items pre-decided...)
Servant: (One of the five listed below, only ONE OF EACH type may be chosen.)

Possible Items: (May choose three Tier 1 items and one Tier 2.)

Tier One items:
-----------------
Potions: (You will get a certain amount, depends on the dice)
Healing (Elixers to restore health and vitality.) A 1d4 is rolled to choose the amount.
Mana (Potions to restore lost magical energies.) A 1d4 is rolled to choose the amount.
Poisons (The opposite of boosters, letting you temporarily weaken enemies in certain ways, or even damage them. Can be applied to weapons, but won't last forever.) A 1d2 is rolled.
Boosters (Granting temporary "Buffs", I get to decide what kind you'll get...Heheheh.) A 1d2 is rolled.

Novice Weapons: (All T1 Weapons are of low quality, but they work. If you roll right, it might even be good. If not...*Cracked Willow Spear*) A 1d6 is rolled. You can choose which weapon type you want.
Spears
Swords
Axes

Novice Armor: (Like T1 weapons, the T1 armor isn't special, but you never know...) A 1d6 is rolled. You can choose which armor type you want.
Robes (Almost nil defence, but can increase dodge rate)
Leather (Low defence, but high maneuverability)
Scale Mail (A balance of Movement and Defence)

Scrolls: (Scrolls contain one-use magical spells, which have a variety of effects when used.) A 1d6 is rolled to decide what you can get.
Defensive Scrolls (Scrolls that will protect you from damage, or teleport you to safety.)
Offensive Scrolls (Containing magical attacks, ranging from the four basic elements to more powerful spells.)
Conjuring Scrolls (Scrolls that allow you to summon temporary creatures or equipment - Can be quite powerful.)

Tier Two Items:
-----------------
Expert Weaponry: (Much better than T1 weapons, and can even come enchanted. The dice will decide.) A 1d6 is rolled. You can choose which weapon type you want.
Thrown (Small daggers, Shurikens, Javelins, etc - You will start with twenty.)
Bows (You will start with a quiver of twenty arrows.)
Crossbows (You will start with a quiver of twenty bolts.)
Swords
Spears
Axes
Great Axes
Two-handed swords
Magical Staves (Will vary in use, may be Defensive, Offensive, or Conjuring. They have limited use, and must be recharged eventually.)

Expert Armor (Basically the same as the Expert Weaponry.) A 1d6 is rolled. You can choose which armor type you want.
Robes (Nil defence, but can increase dodge rate, and defence from Magical attacks)
Leather (Low defence, but high maneuverability)
Scale Mail (A balance of Movement and Defence)
Chainmail (Good defence, but Speed is slightly inhibited)
Plate (Incredible defence, but Movement is heavily inhibited)

Random Artifact: (You don't know what you can get. Examples: If Player A rolls a 1, he may get, say, a magical ring, which lets the wearer breathe underwater. Or, say, an 8 is rolled, they may get something incredibly powerful, such as massively enchanted weapons or armor. A 1d8 is rolled to decide the type of artifact.

Example Character:

Name: Dave
Skill: A master of thrown weapons, Dave recieves a +1 to all rolls with said tools. (Chance to hit and damage.)
Appearance: Black clothes, scar above left eye, graying hair.
Starting Items: Tier 1: Two Minor Healing Potions, A vial of numbing poison, and some worn leather armor. Tier 2: Enchanted throwing daggers(x20). Items were decided by the dice.
Servant: Archer. Your servants stats will be rolled according to it's attributes, as is seen below.

Servant Archer
Health: For those with Strength as their main attirubte, a 1d40 is rolled, minimum is 10. For those with Strength as their weakness, a 1d15 is rolled, minimum 5. If neutral, a 1d20 is rolled, minimum 8.
Mana: For those with Intelligence as their main attribute, a 1d30 is rolled, minimum is 15. As their weakness, a 1d10 is rolled, minimum 3. As neutral, a 1d15 is rolled, minimum 6. NOTE: Mana will be regenerated by 1 point for every 20 points max every turn. So if your serant has 25 Mana, then they'll regenerate one Mana per turn. The minimum is one, so even if you have only 15 Mana max, you'll still regenerate One every turn.
Strength: If main attribute, a 1d8 is rolled. If weakness, a 1d4 is. If neutral, a 1d6 is rolled. A 1d6 is rolled. Every 5 points will increase Health by 10 and Damage rolls by 1.
Agility: If main attribute, a 1d8 is rolled. If weakness, a 1d4 is. If neutral, a 1d6 is rolled. Every 5 points increases Dodge rolls and chance to hit by 1.
Intelligence: If main attribute, a 1d8 is rolled. If weakness, a 1d4 is. If neutral, a 1d6 is rolled. Every 5 points increases Mana by 10 and Regen rate by 1.

STRENGTH: Health, Damage.
AGILITY: Dodge, Hit modifier.
INTELLIGENCE: Mana, Mana Regen Rate.

Archer
-Weapons vary, but strongest when using twin blades. Preferably Scimitars. Can use ranged weaponry, such as Long/Shortbows.
-Main attribute is Agility, Weak in Strength.

Lancer
-Utilizes spears as a weapon. May use pikes or other such weapons as well. Thrown Javalins are an option.
-Main attribute is Strength, Weak in Agility.

Rider
-Weapons can vary, but tends to prefer small, bladed weapons. E.G: Daggers. Can throw such weapons as well.
-Main attribute is Intelligence, Weak in Strength.

Beserker
-Weapons of choice are axes, or any blunt/crushing weapon. Can hurl anything as a weapon, E.G: Rocks, Trees, or even you.
-Main attribute is Strength, Weak in Intelligence.

Assassin
-Uses blades such as Katanas, or Naginatas. Feudal era Japanese weapons. Good with thrown weapons, such as Shurikens.
-Main attribute is Agility, Weak in Intelligence.

What's your opinions? I know, it sounds pretty stupid...I wouldn't dare try it, at least not until I've learned a bit more about RTDs...
(Note: Please don't copy my idea. I EXTREMELY doubt that anybody would, considering how newbieit is, but...you never know.)

Edit: Oh gosh, time to play some OBLIVION. BBL!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:55:48 am by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:50 am »

I tried to propose a Fate/Stay Night RTD, but no one responded to me.

Your idea seems well thought through but... wrong. For one, it's 7 Servant Classes, not 5. The classes are different aswell. Archers are Heroes who, in life, used some form of long ranged projectile weapon (Thus why Gilgamesh is an Archer) The F/SN Archer uses dual swords for spoiler reasons. Lancers are about right, but they focus on agility, not strength. Riders have no real preference of weapon (Aside from mounts) and focus heavily on speed and Noble Phantasms. Berserkers are just insane heroes that are physically powerful. Assassins are, by rule, one of the 19 different Assassin Leaders, Hassan I Sabbah. And you are missing Caster and Saber.

What's more, the equipments wouldn't really work. Why? Servants are LEGENDARY HEROES, who have all the weapons/armor/artefacts associated with them as Noble Phantasms, by default. Legendary Hero part also cuts up your character creation.

Finally, you don't mention Magi. Servants need Magi to even exist, as their Masters.

I'm a bit of a fanatic of F/SN and dislike seeing it be... Wrong.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 17, 2011, 09:51:08 am »

Okay, here goes with this System

Spoiler: DoT RTD (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:03:01 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 17, 2011, 09:54:36 am »

Hmmm. Would the setting be Sci-Fi or Near-Future Tech? Just for curiousness sake.
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:13 am »

Near future Sci-fi political. It's not finished though (I haven't even finished editing the rest of what I've thought up...)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 17, 2011, 10:05:21 am »

Should I be an ass and ask for an IN! reservation? ^^?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 17, 2011, 10:07:16 am »

You're an ass for not waiting me to finish the backbone for it...

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:41 am »

Yeah, that's what I thought :P in any case, you already hold my interest.

What more do you need?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 17, 2011, 10:25:01 am »

I also wish to assk for a reservation.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:30 am »

I also wish to assk for a reservation.

Oh, I see what you did thar. Sneaky Mr. D...

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 661