Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702239 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2175 on: November 21, 2011, 12:19:51 am »

OH GOD DAVE1004 WILL KILL US WITH DUAL-WIELDING
That is, if he's Tarran's clone.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:23:24 am by Powder Miner »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 21, 2011, 12:21:51 am »

Oh gods. This is ridiculous. Am I expected to refresh the Roll To Dodge page every ten minutes, just to be able to get into an interesting game? I mean, what the hell Bay12!? The only few times that I've had the opportunity to enter an RTD, I can never understand what the flip it's about, so I don't bother. Where are all the generic, fun fantasy adventures with elves, trolls and hobbits? Come on! Don't keep me waiting, I have pie and coffee to get to.

Arrrrrrgh.
You are saying the exact same things I feel. Hello fellow clone!

How could I be your clone!? You're so awesome...I'm so...normal. I truly appreciate the compliment although, I shall surely stash it away in my *Unicorn Bone Chest*! Along with all of my other precious memories.

Stupidity aside, I hope you're not mocking me. I understand that people may not like generic fantasy, but some of these RTD's are too confusing for my feeble mind! If only there was one that was SIMPLE...You know, like the Castlevania one, or the Multiworld Madness...I've read a good half-dozen of the longest RTD's on this site, and loves them all...But...But...

*sob* I'm always too late...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 21, 2011, 12:24:03 am »

OH GOD BDTHEMAG WILL KILL US WITH DUAL-WIELDING
I think you mean Dave1004.

Stupidity aside, I hope you're not mocking me. I understand that people may not like generic fantasy, but some of these RTD's are too confusing for my feeble mind! If only there was one that was SIMPLE...You know, like the Castlevania one, or the Multiworld Madness...I've read a good half-dozen of the longest RTD's on this site, and loves them all...But...But...
I'm definitely not mocking. Think about it: have you seen me in a whole lot of RTDs lately?

No? Then it should be obvious that I'm having the same problems you are having.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 21, 2011, 12:28:19 am »

I'm definitely not mocking. Think about it: have you seen me in a whole lot of RTDs lately?

...*Sniff* Come give me a hug. It must be hard running the Dragon RTD (Which I still read! Love this kind of stuff.)

I would love to see an RTD about a group of elves, running around and, uh, dying. In gruesome ways. ROLL A 6 TO AVOID SPIKE TRAP! [1] Sorry, you were impaled. NEXT PLAYER!...

Hehe.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. My IRL name is Terran (I know, I know. I was born BEFORE Starcraft, mind you. Several years before it. My mother had a...strange sense of humor, to say the least...)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:29:50 am by Dave1004 »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 21, 2011, 12:32:20 am »

A good majority of people on the lower forums do not play Dwarf Fortress often, and usually the only people who make DF inspired RTD's are the new guys to the forums who sometimes come down here.

But hey, if you want to have an RTD like that so badly you should try to do it yourself. Always nice to have more GM's down here.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 21, 2011, 12:34:28 am »

A good majority of people on the lower forums do not play Dwarf Fortress often, and usually the only people who make DF inspired RTD's are the new guys to the forums who sometimes come down here.

But hey, if you want to have an RTD like that so badly you should try to do it yourself. Always nice to have more GM's down here.

I have the artistic value of a peanut, the wit of a seven-year dried prune and the ingenuity of a dead elf. I also lack the confidence to make even a simple RTD, due to my (Almost ridiculous) fear of failure. The embarrassment that would haunt my days forever on Bay12! I cannot let it happen, even if I do wish to make an RTD! I shall continue to observe from afar, and lament on my sad, sad life. Woe is me, for I am pitiful!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 21, 2011, 12:36:03 am »

-snip-Castlevania-snip-...-I've read a good half-dozen of the longest RTD's on this site, and loves them all...But...But...

*sob* I'm always too late...

I'm happy to be receiving so much love as of late. ^^^ Seriously though if you like it, just waitlist! There's only two people in front of you on the waitlist right now and I can guarantee the game is going to go on for quite awhile. It might be a bit of a wait to get in, but even so I'm always happy to have people knocking around the thread, throwing around comments and such. :3

QUICKEDIT: BD's post down there speaks the truth. I don't think I would put as much effort into my RTDs if I wasn't as entertained by the players as much as (hopefully) I entertain them. I view it as a team effort of sorts, and even if your first fails you'll gain valuable experience you can use in the future. Nothing wrong with giving it a try.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:39:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 21, 2011, 12:36:56 am »

I have the artistic value of a peanut, the wit of a seven-year dried prune and the ingenuity of a dead elf. I also lack the confidence to make even a simple RTD, due to my (Almost ridiculous) fear of failure. The embarrassment that would haunt my days forever on Bay12! I cannot let it happen, even if I do wish to make an RTD! I shall continue to observe from afar, and lament on my sad, sad life. Woe is me, for I am pitiful!
Congrats! You have the minimum requirements to become an RTD GM!

No really, its easy. As long as you continue updating and provide even some kind of minor story, people will play it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 21, 2011, 12:37:06 am »

Make an alt account called Dave1005, that way we'll never know it's you and any embarassing failures won't make it back to your main account! ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:02 am »

I have the artistic value of a peanut, the wit of a seven-year dried prune and the ingenuity of a dead elf.
Oh come on, you can't be that bad.

I also lack the confidence to make even a simple RTD, due to my (Almost ridiculous) fear of failure.
Force through it. While failure is definitely a possibility with RTDs, it didn't stop me from making my first, second, third, and fourth RTD. And do note that both my first, second, and third RTDs were/are all failures. Oh, and did I mention the bunch of normal forum games I've made and failed at? You have to muster your strength, and man up. Well, either that or make up an RTD then force yourself to press the post button. That's how all my RTDs have started, by the way.

The embarrassment that would haunt my days forever on Bay12! I cannot let it happen, even if I do wish to make an RTD!
After failing horribly on my first and second RTDs, I honestly have entirely forgotten any embarrassment.

I shall continue to observe from afar, and lament on my sad, sad life. Woe is me, for I am pitiful!
Observing in envy is about as bad as failing, in my opinion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:36 am »

GMing is a world removed from playing. Still makes for happiness at times, but it's also far more mentally exhausting.

...*Sniff* Come give me a hug. It must be hard running the Dragon RTD (Which I still read! Love this kind of stuff.)

I would love to see an RTD about a group of elves, running around and, uh, dying. In gruesome ways. ROLL A 6 TO AVOID SPIKE TRAP! [1] Sorry, you were impaled. NEXT PLAYER!...

Hehe.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. My IRL name is Terran (I know, I know. I was born BEFORE Starcraft, mind you. Several years before it. My mother had a...strange sense of humor, to say the least...)

I'm currently in 2 RTDs right now, both are slow movers but both are also very solid. (Just got killed out of the only fast RTD I was in) The trick to finding a good RTD is to watch GM's like Serious, Dwarmin, Tarran, DH, etc like a hawk. This thread is a good place to cry in for developing ideas as well.

As a matter of fact I believe that Powder and Dwarmin are making a dungeon crawl RTD right now, it's a possibility that they wouldn't be opposed to a pre-in.

As a final word, Waitlists. Serious has the CVRTD which both regularly kills players AND shows excellent longevity. I'd recommend jumping on.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 21, 2011, 12:49:59 am »

Yeah, the PM&D dungeon crawl should be interesting. I haven't gotten to be a player for Powder yet so I can't say anything there ^^^; (although I just signed up for his latest forum game) but I can tell you that Dwarmin is a solid writer as a GM. And if you're recommending mine, I have the Fire Emblem RTD still in pre-production. I still have work on classes and backstory but with some dedication and a little luck it should be up before 2012.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:13 am »

Oh gods. This is ridiculous. Am I expected to refresh the Roll To Dodge page every ten minutes, just to be able to get into an interesting game? I mean, what the hell Bay12!? The only few times that I've had the opportunity to enter an RTD, I can never understand what the flip it's about, so I don't bother. Where are all the generic, fun fantasy adventures with elves, trolls and hobbits? Come on! Don't keep me waiting, I have pie and coffee to get to.

Arrrrrrgh.

Roll to Generic Fantasy? I'd join simply because I've never seen one. I'd make it if I wasn't so bad at GM'ing and I wasn't busy with 3 forum games (2 RTDs) as well as \RL stuff...

And I've never heard of this Dungeon Crawl RTD. Can I presume it's like the roguelike or is it just called dungeon crawl? First available spot...Even if that happens to be 10th place in the waiting list.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 21, 2011, 01:01:03 am »

I believe it's partially to mostly based on Diablo 2.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2189 on: November 21, 2011, 01:40:47 am »

I view it as a team effort of sorts, and even if your first fails you'll gain valuable experience you can use in the future. Nothing wrong with giving it a try.
Exactly. An RTD, and really all Tabletop RPGs are more like a collaborative story than anything. The GM just sets the stage. It's the players that make it interesting, and the interaction between the players and GM that makes it something special.

And if you're really not sure what you'd like to make, you can always start a game in the main FG&RP section. A simple suggestion game or pseudo-RPG is a lot easier to handle than an RTD with a group of players waiting on your next move. Or, y'know, post your ideas in this thread. Speaking of which...

Alright, so... the Road Trip RP. It will start in Redding, California, where we've all discovered that Toady has been kidnapped by some banned forum members. We have to find him and bring him back in one week, in time for DFCon 2016. Does anyone have anything else to add?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 661