Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702424 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2400 on: November 23, 2011, 03:16:02 am »

Slasher movie RTD

Splendid/Outstanding/Fantastic idea.

Yes, I thought the same thing.

Pirates vs Ninjas vs Robots vs Magical Girls vs Wizards vs Vampires vs Demons vs Werewolves vs Witch Hunters vs Witches vs Rebel Scum vs Cyborgs vs Superheroes vs Mutants vs Aliens vs Different Aliens vs Genetic Experiments vs Sentai Squads vs Golems RTD.
Both could be interesting ideas.

Yes but the title's too long for the Subject line.

How about, Roll to Ride the Whale Road: A Viking RtD?
Sounds like another one of those ideas that sounds neat but is in serious danger of devolving into "Well that was awesome, I guess now we, uh... uh... pillage another village? Again?"

Hmm, I did think about this as one to do after reading an excellent kid's book about Vikings, but came to the same conclusion. However, if you two did it, I'd totally want in.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:20:25 am by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 23, 2011, 04:01:47 am »

Also, funny idea that I just remembered I was going to put forward. Why has no one done a 'Roll to be a Ninja! Naruto Style' RTD yet?
Someone (adwarf?) did, or at least with magical ninja, and someone else (Riccto?) asked something about a system but didn't get much feedback or mention it again.

So, it's been out there, just not very much.

Pirates vs Ninjas vs Robots vs Magical Girls vs Wizards vs Vampires vs Demons vs Werewolves vs Witch Hunters vs Witches vs Rebel Scum vs Cyborgs vs Superheroes vs Mutants vs Aliens vs Different Aliens vs Genetic Experiments vs Sentai Squads vs Golems RTD.

Clusterfuck RTD. No, Magical Clusterfuck RTD!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 23, 2011, 04:11:35 am »

Clusterfuck RTD. No, Magical Clusterfuck RTD!

I'd be tempted to do it, but I have to cut down on my typing at the moment.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 23, 2011, 05:20:45 am »

That could work. Make a dozen or so templates, everybody gets to pick a few on character creation, let the madness begin.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 23, 2011, 05:42:52 am »

That could work. Make a dozen or so templates, everybody gets to pick a few on character creation, let the madness begin.

So everyone would be an amalgamation of templates? or more than one character?

And would there be a goal/story? or would it be a deathmatch?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 23, 2011, 05:47:42 am »

I dunno, I'm just bullshitting some ideas into the thread.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:05 am »

Man, I feel like making some sort of RtD, I dunno why. I just have this burning sensation that I should be doing something creative. :-\
Or something. I don't know. I do know that I've been sitting on this computer far too long, and should probably try and do something constructive!... Preferably still involving the computer, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 23, 2011, 06:01:25 am »

Man, I feel like making some sort of RtD, I dunno why. I just have this burning sensation that I should be doing something creative. :-\
Or something. I don't know. I do know that I've been sitting on this computer far too long, and should probably try and do something constructive!... Preferably still involving the computer, of course.

You could make scriver post on Roly Grail so I can finally update once my hand stops hurting?

OR - you could write a back story to Magical Clusterfuck RTD! (I'd be in btw)

I dunno, I'm just bullshitting some ideas into the thread.

You just wanted to post a tvtropes link innit. Not falling for that one.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:03:10 am by lawastooshort »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 23, 2011, 07:06:05 am »

Hooray for cooperation! Here's the plan: You do all the work, I lounge about looking self-important and taking all the credit. :D

Hooray! But on a more serious note, I'd be willing to make maps, weapons, enemies, stats etc. if you handled the actual updates and writing. C'mon, everybody loves vikings. They could go from humble raiders of the Finnish coasts to performing daring attacks on English monasteries, discovering new lands and heading down-river to take over the Rus or sign up in the Varangian Guard in Byzantium. It does lack an unifying goal, I admit, but we could just throw in rival vikings that hate the players guts.

If you want, I could send you what I've got over a PM.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 23, 2011, 08:21:01 am »

Sure, send it over- Gonna go to sleep in a bit, but I'll have a look over it tomorrow. I might even re-read a few novels I have on the theme. :)
I think this could be pretty good! And yes, everybody loves vikings... 'Cept maybe those medieval monks, nuns, peasants and just about everyone else they preyed upon! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 23, 2011, 08:28:10 am »

No back story then Yoink? :(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 23, 2011, 08:57:18 am »

I can't stop drawing images for my RTDs. It's like some sort of terrible addiction. Here, look, a RTCA image! I can hook you up. First one's free.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink, I hadn't realized you hadn't run an RTD before :P
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:20:34 am by freeformschooler »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 23, 2011, 09:11:01 am »

Also, funny idea that I just remembered I was going to put forward. Why has no one done a 'Roll to be a Ninja! Naruto Style' RTD yet?
Someone (adwarf?) did, or at least with magical ninja, and someone else (Riccto?) asked something about a system but didn't get much feedback or mention it again.

So, it's been out there, just not very much.
I made a forum game about it a while back sort of based off of Naruto.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 23, 2011, 12:31:37 pm »

OK, got a setting for the Witchhunter RtD. Durnham, a sprawling city that extends in all directions, including underground (a convenient lair for witches, and a legitimate way to include Dwarves, especially with the lore I've given the world) and out to sea (A wooden slum version of venice, anyone?). Roughly twice the size of London (making it a small country in it's own right), and still growing.
The main reason this is possible, is that [insert generic enemy here] have started invading the world through a portal/dark temple/dwarven fortress and the human empire has promised that they would defend anyone within the walls of the old empire, and no more. As a result of this, many have flocked to Durnham, hoping for protection from the hordes of [generic enemy]. The generic forces of darkness send forth the witches, to spread terror, disease, and chaos. The king has put out a message that all young and able-bodied men were to serve the kingdom in anyway they could, and you chose to hunt down these terrible creatures. The witches will bring along all kinds of nastiness, and the story might progress enough to see you fighting the hordes of generic monsters themselves.

As for Durnham itself, it is almost completely lawless, the inner city is surrounded by a great wall, and the king gets everything done by force.

Comments?
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 23, 2011, 12:59:30 pm »

Not normally my kind of thing, Tomato, but I have to say I quite like the sound of it. Interesting :)
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 661