Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702566 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2700 on: December 04, 2011, 05:51:38 am »

Jeez, I was completely without internet for the better part of a day, and I had a heap of stuff to catch up on! :P
Anything waiting for me to post, well, if I don't get to it tonight, I'll do it tomorrow, promise. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 04, 2011, 07:06:55 am »

Quote from: Myself
Call of Magic - Roll to Magecraft

Spoiler: The Basics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Arts of Magecraft (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Well there it is. Is there anything I'm missing/should add/more suggestions?

Personally I feel like it's a bit small, but eh...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:21:37 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »

I want in. So bad. Also, could you add the possibility of the mages having some other skills, apart from magic? Say, for example, a Bioturgy wizard who utillises Instinctualism could have some basic survival skills, as they couldn't really rely on their magic helping them most of the time.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 04, 2011, 12:59:44 pm »

Yeah, sure. Of course that you'll be able to do things other than magic, it's kind of a given. I'll probably just keep it a simple skill system. I'm too tired right now to figure anything out, though.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 04, 2011, 01:30:07 pm »

Sounds pretty interesting. I only hope it wouldn't die like all other RTDs you had. I would probably join if you started it. I don't think there's anything else needed, but which school allows you to cast healing magic?

Also, 1d8?! HERESY ON THE HIGHEST LEVELS! BURN THE HERETIC!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 04, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »

You'd have to burn me too then, I've been using a d8 in Cv. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 04, 2011, 02:11:35 pm »

Alteration or Bioturgy could be used to heal. Bioturgy as a cleaner, ecofriendly heal, while Alteration is a more alien, forced mana heal. Alteration healing = higher chance of mutation/corruption, basically.

EDIT: GOD!! Im an idiot... Forgot to explain Mana Corruption!!

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 04, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »

Yeah, looks interesting. A bit worried about requiring multiple rolls per person per turn, though; that could add up quickly.

Try not to go too insane.
No.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 04, 2011, 04:44:47 pm »

I would join this.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 05, 2011, 04:05:58 am »

Just a reminder that this will begin tomorrow. Considering how fast the spots were filled yesterday, I'd advise working on the sheets  now (I know my bro is <_<)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 05, 2011, 04:08:57 am »

Are previous players getting a spot or what?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 05, 2011, 04:11:59 am »

My fixation on dragons have brought me to yet another dragon-based RTD. Instead of BEING a dragon you have to RAISE/USE a dragon. Pretty simple, really. Basic game just with some stats and such...Oh, and set in the real world in the 10th century. I've been reading Temeraire recently if anyone is wondering why I want it in the real world.

Anyone interested?

Course this could also work as a normal multiplayer forum game.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:29:30 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 05, 2011, 04:14:08 am »

Are previous players getting a spot or what?
Maybe. Maybe not.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:06 am »

Well, I've got a character ready. ^^^ And it's not RF again, I decided to make a new one who might be more entertaining.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 05, 2011, 04:40:54 am »

My fixation on dragons have brought me to yet another dragon-based RTD. Instead of BEING a dragon you have to RAISE/USE a dragon. Pretty simple, really. Basic game just with some stats and such...Oh, and set in the real world in the 10th century. I've been reading Temeraire recently if anyone is wondering why I want it in the real world.

Anyone interested?

Course this could also work as a normal multiplayer forum game.

Sounds interesting, I would probably play this.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 661