Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702211 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2790 on: December 13, 2011, 09:52:26 pm »

I'd roll real dice if I had the table space. A suitable large dice rolling area tends to fill quickly, even without considering that d4's are second only to Lego's in the field of improvised Caltrops.

I normally use the SRD dicebag, but I think I'll bookmark that WotC one- the field for odd values is nice. I used to use Random.org, but it felt streaky to me if I rolled a lot in rapid succession. That's probably just me being superstitious, though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: December 13, 2011, 10:01:11 pm »

I know this is off topic, but what exactly does a d4 look like ?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:57 pm »

Pyramid with numbers on. Occasionally a mummy pops out and you need this whole exorcist thing, I dunno, 's fuckin' weird. Ol' Tut here never pays the damn rent, that I'm sure of. Other times this bastard in a Fedora just up and breaks my walls with a giant rock outta nowhere, but that's another story.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: December 13, 2011, 10:05:05 pm »

Pyramid with numbers on. Occasionally a mummy pops out and you need this whole exorcist thing, I dunno, 's fuckin' weird. Ol' Tut here never pays the damn rent, that I'm sure of.

Oh yeah, that happens to me sometimes too. Those d4's are crazy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: December 13, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »

o.O Where can I get one of these ?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: December 13, 2011, 10:26:35 pm »

'eh, got 'em offa this crazy broad what were trampling through my secret waterfall. I mean, really, I like shorts and shirts like anyone but seriously, either go naked or get some more clothes on ya' skank.

(The hell am I even typing)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:14 pm »

Oh, they're sold at any store that also sells monkey paws and books bound in human flesh.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: December 13, 2011, 10:32:10 pm »

Oh, they're sold at any store that also sells monkey paws and books bound in human flesh.
So the crack den beside my house?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: December 13, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »

Rarer still are d3s. Non-euclidean, you know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2799 on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:16 pm »

d1's are the worst though, even streakier than random.org.

So. Roll to be the RNG. Your mind has been blown.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: December 13, 2011, 11:11:18 pm »

How could a d1 be hard to find? All you need is a ball and a marker. Bam, instant d1.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »

Roll to dice? The players try to find all of a standard DnD dice set (D4 6 8 10 12 and 20 +Whatever I'm missing) Except they're magical and then they find a specific die, they can choose to roll that for their turn instead of a d6 (Which they start with)?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: December 14, 2011, 03:20:49 am »

Roll to be the RNG.

Is that Roll to be Rolled? I'm intrigued.

Ooh that reminds me, I couldn't do it because I can't type that much at the moment and it's too near Christmas now, but a Tolkein's Father Christmas rtd would have been seasonal.

http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/booksbytolkien/fatherchristmas/description.htm

Polar bears and tiny elves fighting goblins to save Christmas?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:51:23 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: December 14, 2011, 11:55:46 am »

All right, I'm actually truly thinking of doing another game. For real this time.

But, my well of ideas is meh. Here's what I got.

-Dungeon crawl survival type game: Pretty much, going back to the first cool game I played on this forum-the Fortress of Bones. Inspiration! I call it survival, because you actually had to keep yourself fed and hydrated, find a safe place to sleep and deal with wounds in a timely manner.

-Elven Court Intrigue Adventure: Or maybe Dwarven. Inspired by Tales of the Storm Coast, naturally. Obviously more adventure and less backstabbing, I would hope. This IS the RTD forum.

I figure if I get pings of interest from you guys I might be able to start. Also, suggestions are welcome...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: December 14, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »

Ping!

What is this second one of which you speak? (preferably Dwarven?)
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 661