Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702364 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3510 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:20 pm »

Hands up, who here doesn't want to be a psychic paladin with a laser sword?
*Sticks hands up*

I personally have a lot more respect for clones than Jedi. I always have more respect for the lowly guys.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:26 pm »

Roll to be a Clone Trooper would actually be pretty awesome. Flying around the galaxy, underequipped and underappreciated, taking on long odds (since when do the Stormtroopers win a fight?) Also, Ewok Hunting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »

Roll to be a Clone Trooper would actually be pretty awesome. Flying around the galaxy, underequipped and underappreciated, taking on long odds (since when do the Stormtroopers win a fight?) Also, Ewok Hunting.

This sounds like a real good RTD to base on, there is a lot of space for personal creativity (pertaining to the GM) and that there can be many ways to actually complete goals.

What timeline is this though? Before, or after the Empire? Stormtroopers, or Clone troopers?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 04, 2012, 11:48:54 pm »

Why not both? Start by taking down buckets and end up as some of the only stormtroopers able to hit a moving target :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:00 pm »

There's probably a bit more room for creativity and success (for the players) if set in the Clone Wars, possibly ending with the Jedi hunts at the end of Episode III. If the general tone is more given to slapstick and amusing incompetence, Stormtroopers would probably be more appropriate since being "that Stromtrooper on the Death Star who made it to the escape pod" is a satisfying victory when failure is assumed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »

I personally say clone wars.

I like the style of the helmets back then.

And back then the clones weren't all LOLBADGUYS.

Not that I'd play the RTD, but that's my personal opinion.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: March 04, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »

I still say we do both. I mean, if you want to go down the competant stormtrooper route you could have them enslaving the wookies.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58:34 pm »

Mostly I think it's hard to reconcile the tone of each style- it's hard to be droid smashing, Jedi exterminating badasses one minute and Ewok fodder the next. I swear, it's like they get progressively worse at their jobs throughout the movies.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3518 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:12 am »

Hmm, that could be a good plot! A band of stormtroopers, close as brothers, enlisted in the Imperial Army. One day, they are all mysteriously granted an intense sensitivity to the force and go AWOL with a new, personal objective: hunt Jedi. The whole point would be to cruise around the galaxy, hunting down and assassinating Jedi.

Or maybe you're a Magnificent Seven-style band of Jedi, smugglers and former commandos who just fly around in their clunker of a spaceship helping people out.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:52 am »

I like the first idea. If someone makes it, Count me in.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: March 05, 2012, 05:48:55 am »

About the clone/storm troopers. I've seen a book on renegade troops after the fall of the Jedi. Not sure if it is canon to the story, but it works out well there. The renegades are just like what was described above (Actually able to do something), being commandos. Their only problems are that they're wanted fugitives and hunted because of their disloyalty. Social and political problems come up, too.

But, force-sensitive clones and being Jedi-hunters? Wow. That would be truly amazing.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:03 am »

Did I hear Star Wars somewhere?

This would be awesome.

That is all.

(I would try and contribute, but I just decided to check here before I head off to catch some sleep, so yeah.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3522 on: March 05, 2012, 12:22:30 pm »

Obviously if you went with that idea it would have to be set during the prequel trilogy, since there aren't really many Jedi left after that. And the phlebotinum should probably be of the mechanical kind, so it makes sense when a new player enters the party and suddenly gets these powers.

The more I talk about this, the more I realize that I'll never be the one to run it. I'm no expert on Star Wars canon, and I'd probably end up getting corrected every turn.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »

Or maybe the players join because they got those powers.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:54 pm »

The more I talk about this, the more I realize that I'll never be the one to run it. I'm no expert on Star Wars canon, and I'd probably end up getting corrected every turn.
You could always make up some sort of alternate universe to Star Wars. Nobody's saying you can't do that, and that would allow you to mold the universe better and make it easier to explain how players did unbelievable stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 661