Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699492 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3675 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:58 am »

You had a pretty good concept for a RtD, Torren.

But I don't care if we all took turns kicking you in the nuts1 a few pages back, this conversation has gone on for way too long. We're here to discuss RtD concepts, not have meaningless, snail-paced semantics arguments.

1Jackass: The RtD. Think about it. Or don't. Eugh.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: March 15, 2012, 08:23:57 am »

* Monk accepts Internet brofist
* Monk wonders why he's still communicating like this
* Monk decides he just likes talking in the third person

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 15, 2012, 09:00:18 am »

There are always some fairly creative ways you can make your text stand out. In other news, if Gatleos is starting another game, I want in. Also, finish Deathmatch. d=
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 15, 2012, 09:01:15 am »

Oh my god its so beautiful graahgahahrhrgah
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 15, 2012, 09:12:49 am »

There are always some fairly creative ways you can make your text stand out. In other news, if Gatleos is starting another game, I want in. Also, finish Deathmatch. d=

You had a lot of time on your hands, I take it?  :P

One tiny question before I (try) to make my first RTD. How are battle rolls (simple) calculated? Is it basically an attack and defense roll only (does a six still mean an overshoot, or the power of the roll?) Or are the additions of accuracy and such an option of the GM? (Referring to the many other RTDs I see)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:37 am »

One tiny question before I (try) to make my first RTD. How are battle rolls (simple) calculated? Is it basically an attack and defense roll only (does a six still mean an overshoot, or the power of the roll?) Or are the additions of accuracy and such an option of the GM? (Referring to the many other RTDs I see)

For me: at the GM's discretion, especially regarding 1s and 6s. However I (have followed Gatleos' example mostly and so now) use a basic ATT vs DEF, where the difference gives the severity of the wound, and then if not specified by the player I roll for wound location. If a player does a special move before the combat I roll for that, and that may give a bonus to the ATT vs DEF roll.

Simple sounds nice, I might be interested ;)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 15, 2012, 10:51:19 am »

Do I smell a RTD? How about the concept/setting?

Meh. Tiruin offline.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:56:53 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 15, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »

I don't know whether I should applaud you for making such a nice rainbow, applaud you for having the patience to make a rainbow, scold you for making a disruptive rainbow, or scold you for wasting so much time of your life on such a utterly pointless thing. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 15, 2012, 03:12:42 pm »

If you honestly think I did that without a website that did it for me, then I have a nice statue of a lady standing in New York Harbor to sell you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 15, 2012, 03:21:42 pm »

Ah, you used a website.

...Wait, does that mean people use it?

Yikes, I don't like that thought.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3685 on: March 15, 2012, 03:35:48 pm »

Yay! My words are very colorful and pretty! I also like the cut of their collective jibs!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 15, 2012, 03:43:02 pm »

TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERFUCKER!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:33 pm »

ANTI-RAINBOW, GO!

Just kidding.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 15, 2012, 04:23:29 pm »

ANTI-RAINBOW, GO!

That's not an anti rainbow, that's just ALL THE RAINBOWS IN THE SAME PLACE :P
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 15, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »

Wrong colour.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 661