Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702333 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess no one really tried because giant mechas are not taken too seriously. I have no idea why, but one of my settings is something akin to Elder Gods vs Mecha. And differently from the anime, there is no Elder God or similar construct inside the mecha.

I was actually wanting to play in Digital Hellhound's RtD in the hopes he gave humans some leeway, like powered armor or giant mecha. It would still be a losing battle for the humans, but it would be heroic nonetheless and it would have lots of explosions.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:32:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Multiworld Madness technically did, but I doubt that's what you meant.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There can/will be giant mecha, eventually. That's what I meant with the whole 'ever-advancing technology' bit. This kind of tech just won't be present at game start, except for... a few experimental projects, funded by the people who knew of the coming of this day.

And yes, the fastest way to do this will be reverse-engineering Ancient tech and powers.

EDIT: Oh god, no combining mecha though. That's a terrible idea.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:27:26 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I was looking over my old RTDs (Quite a few of them ....), and decided to remake my Assassin's Creed RTD so that combat, and movement are more fluid so that movement would have an actual effect in combat besides the obvious back stabs. This is the premise of the movement system I'm implementing for it, any feedback is welcome since it most likely needs to be refined quite a bit.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Started this thing, now, with the first version. Here's a linky; touch it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

@Adwarf: As long you don't abandon CTBV. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Adwarf: As long you don't abandon CTBV. :P

I won't abandon it, so many things you guys haven't done yet. You still haven't received the mission that gives you 5,000,000 G.C. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sounds good. Adwarf.

It's inspired me to think about starting my space-dogfighting/wing commander/freelancer RTD game finally. Maybe this time, I'll relax the epic overarching story a bit and just let people play the game. :P

Seems that was downfall on the last two 'experiments'.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sounds good. Adwarf.

It's inspired me to think about starting my space-dogfighting/wing commander/freelancer RTD game finally. Maybe this time, I'll relax the epic overarching story a bit and just let people play the game. :P

Seems that was downfall on the last two 'experiments'.
I inspired someone hurray!

PS: I ran a Mech RTD a while back, it failed due to critical system failure where everyone died in the first round of combat.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PS: I ran a Mech RTD a while back, it failed due to critical system failure where everyone died in the first round of combat.
How were those mechs? Evangelion sized? I think the most plausible (ahahahahaha, oh wow) form of giant mecha is the Armored Core-style one. It is around the size of a house and generally nimble while still able to dish out enormous amount of damage. Yeah, I play AC.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They were about skyscraper size, and AC style with parts, and such. Would've worked better if I refined the system a bit more.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

On that note of overarching storylines, what do most RTD'ers prefer? A story-bound game or a game-game?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think GM's like story games, and players like game-games

Though I'm the exception, since I prefer story and roleplaying over substance anyway. :P

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I think it mostly depends on the GM and what the players expected. Also how the GM is enforcing the stories. (GM forcing PC to do something isn't often fun).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I like story games.

Because they are more fun to watch and GM :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 661