Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702539 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

((Pretty much finished the rules))

Wacky Death Races 3

It's a beautifull summer this year, and we're here for the fifteenth edition of what will probably be another exiting race. After Monk's, excuse, the Sky lord's fantastic victory last year, some minor chances have been made to the rules to increase excitement. We have word that the organisation has provided an extra large racing track, and some special suprises for this fifteenth edition.

Now, let's move on to the introduction of our contestants.

Spoiler: Game mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Building (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Parts and explanations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Racing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map and events (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your vehicle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

YES. I WANT IN
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Quote from: EVERYONE HERE
YES. I WANT IN
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Everyone here (click to show/hide)

That's a rather long pre-in list. Don't now when I'll start the game though.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

It's long because WE LOVE YOUr fourm games
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

“You ****!”

“No way mate, you’re a ****!”

“You’re a ****!”

“You’re a FAT ****!”

“**** off, you ******* ****-faced ******** ****!”

“Just you say that again, you ***** ****! You dare call me a ******* ****-faced ******** ****? I’ll ******* **** you a ******** new ***! You ****!”

And then up walks Jeremy Kyle: peacemaker extraordinaire. He’s holding an envelope. No – he’s holding THE envelope. The envelope of truth.

“Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down, everybody! I don’t wanna have to call security onto the set again! Look, I’m holding, here, the envelope of truth. The results of the lie detector tests. And the DNA tests. AND the results of the blood tests. You: Kasey-Mae.”

Jeremy turns to the audience.

“Did she sleep with Baz’s uncle whilst she and Baz were trying to conceive?”

The audience boos, deafeningly.

“And you: Baz.”

He turns again to the audience.

“Is he on crack still? EVEN AS WE SPEAK? Are all his promises to quit for NOTHING?”

The audience cheers.

Jeremy Kyle turns to the camera.

“Find out, after the break, with…”

ROLL TO JEREMY KYLE

Spoiler: What? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eh? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Why? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:02:55 am by lawastooshort »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

I've always disliked that guy, he makes a living destroying fmilies, and for more personal reasons.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yes, it's a horrible thing to watch, even for five minutes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: You rolled a 6 (click to show/hide)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousan
« Reply #5409 on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:38 am »

My dad orced himself to watch it while he was looking for someone, we all regret it.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well I guess I shouldn’t have watched daytime TV when I was ill recently. It was only for half an hour, but really, I shouldn’t have.
This is probably true.

It is actually kind of an interesting idea, but I'm a bit uncertain how it'd play out. A sample bit could do wonders for explaining exactly how one goes about convincing the audience or whatever.

Speaking of family friendly and vague ideas that I don't understand the actual flow of, Roll to be a Disney Villain! No clue how that'd work, what you'd do, or really anything about it, but it struck me as too amusing an idea not to ponder for a while.

Also, obviously you get a bonus if you can explain at least some of your plan in song.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I had some nagging sense in the back of my head I had forgotten something, read through this...

OH SHIT. I DROPPED AN RtD NOT EVEN BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME BUT BECAUSE I FORGOT I WAS RUNNING IT.

To all the roll to minecraft players, sorry about that. It did sort of need... systems that told you what the hell you were doing.

Well, i think I simplified Arena combat to barebones form. This should allow people to, like, run one easier.

Everything is based on the d20. Attacks go as such:
1-3 is a straight miss. 4-8 is a trivial hit, 9-13 is a nonvital hit, 14-18 is a vital hit, and 19/20 is a crit.
Generally: Trivial hits have a 50/50 chance to do 1 damage, nonvitals do 1-2, vitals do 2-3, and crits are a guaranteed 3 damage.

Weapons are simple and divided as so:
Slash/Stab/Bash.

Slash weapons have a chance to cause impairment on a vital or crit, which lower opponent rolls. (1/10)
Stab weapons have a chance to cause bleeding on vit or crit, which damages 1 per turn. (1/10)
Bash weapons have a chance to cause stun on vit or crit, stopping the opponent from moving on their next turn. (1/10)

Stat effects are very rare and meant to be.

So then, this doesn't include space for mages, archers, or armor, which might come later. However:
Stats:
VIT, AGI, DEX, and STR. Vitality, Agility, Dexterity and Strength. They are:
Vitality (HP= (VITx2)+2)
Agility (AGI/3) + 1 (Slash Effect Chance)
Dexterity (DEX/3) + 1 (Stab effect chance)
Strength (STR/3) + 1 (Bash effect chance.)

I might do something with it later, other than expand.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Well I guess I shouldn’t have watched daytime TV when I was ill recently. It was only for half an hour, but really, I shouldn’t have.
This is probably true.

It is actually kind of an interesting idea, but I'm a bit uncertain how it'd play out. A sample bit could do wonders for explaining exactly how one goes about convincing the audience or whatever.

Speaking of family friendly and vague ideas that I don't understand the actual flow of, Roll to be a Disney Villain! No clue how that'd work, what you'd do, or really anything about it, but it struck me as too amusing an idea not to ponder for a while.

Also, obviously you get a bonus if you can explain at least some of your plan in song.
That would be a musical, and where most of us would die by falling into the distance.  :P

Actually, we'd all die...but then we need a hero to face. I really like this idea!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I had vague ideas but couldn't quite get them into word form and don't have time to try to explain just now, sorry. I got very vaguely inspired by Serious' Roll to Alter, having kind of levels of difficulty of claims your trying to persuade the audience about, etc. And of course, waitlisters/whoever could play the role of Jermey Kyle. I have to admit I was also partially inspired by the idea of seeing "****** ***** ** *******!" a lot.

I really like this idea!

Yes, me too. Hmm.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Ok, I keep abandoning RTDs before even starting. And I still want to start an RTD, because I will have a lot of free time now and this is the best time to start. So, to get inspiration, I would like to have a small discussion on RTD preferences. So do you prefer:

RTDs with plot lines and clear goals
or
Open-ended RTDs where you basically just do whatever?

RTDs that prioritize the adventures of each individual player
or
RTDs that prioritize player interaction and teamwork?

RTDs with clear rule systems - fair, but limited
or
RTDs with abstract rules - not as fair, but more flexible?

RTDs that prioritize roleplay and story
or
RTDs that prioritize action and competition?

I've been thinking about different approaches to the games on a design philosophy level and I'm just interested in what the experienced players think. I myself have hosted more RTDs than I have played, so I want to know what the other side thinks.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 661