Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699473 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Ha - I think one of the (high level!) moves I discarded was Corpse Pose: when performed correctly the enemy thinks you are dead, and cannot attack you. This is an actual yoga pose, which is pretty much lying on the ground.

I might use Plank Pose - your allies can walk on you like a bridge or something.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

The fact this yoga game was even conceptualized, let alone pursued to the point it has skill trees and plot, makes me incredibly happy. How can people say the world is a bad place when things like this can happen?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The fact this yoga game was even conceptualized, let alone pursued to the point it has skill trees and plot, makes me incredibly happy. How can people say the world is a bad place when things like this can happen?
Chemoelectrical signals send down from the brain(which is just a big heap of these things) towards the vocal cords, which then vibrates the air, forming things otherwise known as sounds.

On a side note. Answering this rethorical Question makes me think of a Rethorics RTD. In the sense of, what if the Roman Senate went to the CIrcus.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Crap - totally forgot I totally HAD used Plank Pose already. Oh and I hadn't discarded Corpse Pose. Pretty advanced lying down manoeuvres, both of them.

Spoiler: General Yoga Moves (click to show/hide)

Side note reply edit:
On a side note. Answering this rethorical Question makes me think of a Rethorics RTD. In the sense of, what if the Roman Senate went to the CIrcus.
Do you mean Marcus Aurelius vs a lion?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think the Pimperor knows any other ways to fight than... y'know. It could get nasty.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ‘No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

...than... calling up his harem to defeat the lion while he relaxes in a jacuzzi puffing on a fat cigar?

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile

I have an RTD idea from playing too mucn iOS gaming:

Super Smash Brothers: Legend of the Infinity Blade (to be honest, dunno how the Japanese would title this one, if it were an anime)
  • Summery: The group from Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl are back for more trouble as usual, as despite the defeat of Tabuu, evil is still running around the World. Some of the surviving Subspace Army soldiers have found each other to form the Neo-Subspace Army, and with it, a charismatic being known only as "The God-King" leads this new army, begining a new Legend: The Legend of the Infinity Blade
  • Party Size: Starts at 4 though the cap will be raised to 8 after the first few battles
  • Character constraints: Any charcter that has appeared in Super Smash Brothers, option to request for Original Characters and non-Smashers will be there.
  • Wound system: Damage Ratio, but Only War-style Critical Wound rules will be enforced: Characters die if sent flying out of the "Arena" but also if they take too many injuries (enough to cause a Death result)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

...than... calling up his harem to defeat the lion while he relaxes in a jacuzzi puffing on a fat cigar?
You're way to good at taking an idea and running away with it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I wanna do a zombie apocalypse game, but I don't. I know I won't follow through.

Anyway, I figure that instead of a waitlist, a game could be run like this:

A group of six survivors somehow meet, they're already decked out in gear, yay, whatever. You have some longterm goal, probably make it a long long way to search for a cure, and like, one of your members is chosen to be the "this person must not die or game over." Waitlist members become other survivors that come up in events, like bandit raiders, part of a colony, what-have-you.

I'm basing the idea off of a series of books, and the general desire to run it from the Walking Dead. The books have like, the Morningstar virus.

Hmmm. It's an RtD, but the "must survive character" can not die from their own bad rolls. Sure, they can get into really bad positions by it, but not directly- if everyone rolls 5s and they're rolling 1s, they should live.

I know I'd be unable to run it, but if other people would be willing I could help with overarching plot and events, the "events" whenever I have free time. The plot is generally you keep the science person alive, get them to the military version of the CDC (the really long-named one) USAMRIID lab, and fight zombies and survive and have drama and all that good stuff along the way.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Super Smash Brothers: Legend of the Infinity Blade (to be honest, dunno how the Japanese would title this one, if it were an anime)
  • Summery: The group from Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl are back for more trouble as usual, as despite the defeat of Tabuu, evil is still running around the World. Some of the surviving Subspace Army soldiers have found each other to form the Neo-Subspace Army, and with it, a charismatic being known only as "The God-King" leads this new army, begining a new Legend: The Legend of the Infinity Blade
  • Party Size: Starts at 4 though the cap will be raised to 8 after the first few battles
  • Character constraints: Any charcter that has appeared in Super Smash Brothers, option to request for Original Characters and non-Smashers will be there.
  • Wound system: Damage Ratio, but Only War-style Critical Wound rules will be enforced: Characters die if sent flying out of the "Arena" but also if they take too many injuries (enough to cause a Death result)
Hey! I kinda started a bit of a Smash Bros. RTD, but I couldn't get past the PM section of turns. It started with a tournament of 3 players per game. At the end, there would be a Waitlist 8 people long, and 4 main players to go through a SubSpace-like mission system. It's still somewhere in the mess, maybe you could just take it over? For now even, just so I can get my ideas back for it.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile

Hey! I kinda started a bit of a Smash Bros. RTD, but I couldn't get past the PM section of turns. It started with a tournament of 3 players per game. At the end, there would be a Waitlist 8 people long, and 4 main players to go through a SubSpace-like mission system. It's still somewhere in the mess, maybe you could just take it over? For now even, just so I can get my ideas back for it.

Mmm, much as I'd want to, I was thinking of starting over from the top, not for any particular reason, just it'd be "weird".

I was planning to discuss the Regiment generation system, though I am willing to fudge some of the fluff and implications of some of the Regiment system found in Only War (the latest WH40K book) to avoid some "funny business". The choice 2 for non-Smashers is to do things Deathwatch-style (though fudging the rules a little to reflect the later rules), though I may be willing to fudge some of the Chapters.

Yes I am willing to experiment so... anyone up to become Smashers, Guardsmen or Space Marines? YOu can also request characters not in Smash Brothers to become Smashers as well... and yes Loyalists only so...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:03:53 pm by BlasterKyubey210 »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Alright, random RTD idea I haven't been able to get out of my head. I'm too busy to run it, but maybe one of you guys will find it interesting.

Spoiler: Roll to Resist (click to show/hide)

I suppose I could expand on the idea if someone else is interested in running it (or just hearing more about the idea), but my schedule is too full for me to commit to running an RTD myself.

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile

Mmm, I'll make a set-up, but not sure how good should the non-Nintendo characters be compaired ot their Smasher companions...

I'll host this @ IRC with a specalised Dicebot

server: irc.aniverse.com:6667
Channel: #InfinityBladeLegend
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:18:08 pm by BlasterKyubey210 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm reworking the system for Space Pirate RTD, and here is what I've got for the ships rework.

Spoiler: Ship Breakdown (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapon Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example Ship (click to show/hide)

Any criticisms or problems you guys see in that?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Asides from a few typos, not much. It just seems that you might have to do a lot of rolls each battle. Also, I don't understand the lance's special effect.
all crits with these weapons are pumped up one type on the chart due to how weak they are once they hit the ship.

Third, how about something that allows player to bypass AR and hit SR directly. A critical hit could do it, or maybe a special warheard. (Both delivering minor damage to armor, and some the SR.)

Oh, and here's a silly idea I've thought out. A time travelling deatmatch.

In the first round, the players control their characters as to be expected in a normal deatmatch. Once all but one players are eliminated, the timetravelling effect activates, and the game restarts. The previous versions of the players will still carry out the actions of the previous run, and the player now has an extra character to mess with things. When something happens that prevents that prevents a character from doing the action he was supposed to do, the link shatters, preventing him from acting that turn but granting the player control over him from the next turn onwards.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:34:14 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 661