Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702227 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

It sounds like an interesting, yet basic idea. You'd have to have a good system to choose the Space Asshole, though. I get the feeling that it would be a role that's in demand.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Who... hahaha... wrote... harrrrharrrrr... that... gaspwheeze... song?!
Hahahaha, before listening to that, I thought the idea might be based off Space Station 13. What game was that footage actually from, though? That looks worth playing to be a... Space Asshole.

Red Faction. The one before Armageddon.

I found the video THANKS to SS13, so...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Perhaps there should be a "Space Nice Guy" who has a few special abilities that have a cooldown of a few turns like "repair object" or "shield person from damage", but the disadvantage for him is that he cannot kill Space Asshole at all?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Perhaps there should be a "Space Nice Guy" who has a few special abilities that have a cooldown of a few turns like "repair object" or "shield person from damage", but the disadvantage for him is that he cannot kill Space Asshole at all?

The seven people, when together, can repel the Space Asshole easily enough thanks to the fact they add to each other's rolls.

However, if he were to steal a freaking truck and CRASH THROUGH the settlement, that will be a problem. I may have one person be the "leader" or "boss" (Boss, probably, referenced by the song), he's able to do more than most players, boost rolls more, but isn't quite as powerful as the Space Asshole.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

What if all the players were Space Assholes, and they all had objectives that conflicted with the other Assholes?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

That would be fine for Colony 6 or 13 (Assuming each time victory is achieved for either the SA or the other players, another colony is started). Or, if we ever, EVER, play that many games of this, Colony 666. Probably have shuffled through a few GMs by that point  :P.
The question is, though, would the SA's identity be hidden somehow?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it was hidden, then it would get blown faster then a rich businessman in a brothel.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Come in from lurking

Rich businessmen being blown

Whelp, back to lurking
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Quite possibly a game of Be the BIGGEST space asshole.

For instance.
1. The first guy steals a truck and drives it through the main office of the mining area, causing lasting damage and a loss of communication between miners and the outside world.

2. The second guy goes for breaking into said office and smashing the fuck out of everything with a hammer.

3. The third guy plots to do a fly-over with a stolen escape shuttle, dropping a ton of empty crates on the office. This guy has won Biggest Asshole.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Quite possibly a game of Be the BIGGEST space asshole.

For instance.
1. The first guy steals a truck and drives it through the main office of the mining area, causing lasting damage and a loss of communication between miners and the outside world.

2. The second guy goes for breaking into said office and smashing the fuck out of everything with a hammer.

3. The third guy plots to do a fly-over with a stolen escape shuttle, dropping a ton of empty crates on the office. This guy has won Biggest Asshole.

Ooh! Maybe even a game based solely on causing total destruction! Each player has a counter that goes up for the amount of property/health damage caused! A round ends either when absolutely everything has been destroyed, the world itself is destroyed, someone reaches a score limit, or a certain number of turns pass.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Fuck Up The Lives of Innocents The RtD.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Fuck Up The Lives of Innocents The RtD.
I approve of this line of thinking.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

In the humble words of our lord and savior, Saxton Hale:

PROPERTY DAMAAAAAAAAGE
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about there's property damage points and style points as well? Maybe there could be two seperate awards for each round for having the most style or property damage? I mean, you could just smash everything up with a hammer, but somehow breaking into a nuclear silo, launching the nuke, riding on it, painting on it with "I am become death destroyer of worlds :)", then blowing up in a massive nuclear explosion is just stylish.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:37:16 pm by Fniff »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Pretty sure a nuke would win you the game on damage points, too. :P

I like the sound of this, although mechanics to track/score each bit of destruction sounds like it would be quite complicated.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 661