Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702151 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Just fighting back that GM itch is all.

Wait, I think we're getting off-topic. Uhh...
  • Dirty Cops RTD: Hide evidence! Bribe witnesses! Inexplicably carry around a high-caliber magnum and gun down those criminals in cold blood!
  • Roll to Bust Ghosts: Come on, someone must have thought of this.
  • JRTD: The players are a bunch of pointy-haired kids with enormous swords and severe emotional problems, off on a quest to murder god or something.
  • Middle School RTD: Roll to initiate awkward social interactions and stave off growing pains and acne! Please nobody make this
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Dirty Cops RTD: Hide evidence! Bribe witnesses! Inexplicably carry around a high-caliber magnum and gun down those criminals in cold blood!

C'mon Gat! Give in to the itch!
That would be amazing. Wait, shouldn't you be accepting bribes, as well?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

JRTD: The players are a bunch of pointy-haired kids with enormous swords and severe emotional problems, off on a quest to murder god or something.
I approve of anything involving deranged children attempting to harvest gods.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

JRTD: The players are a bunch of pointy-haired kids with enormous swords and severe emotional problems, off on a quest to murder god or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Dirty Cops RTD: Hide evidence! Bribe witnesses! Inexplicably carry around a high-caliber magnum and gun down those criminals in cold blood!

C'mon Gat! Give in to the itch!
That would be amazing. Wait, shouldn't you be accepting bribes, as well?
There should be a dirty cop/clean cop meter where the clean cop end of the scale just completely ruins your career and has the only good part be a sense of being a good person.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

The funny thing is I was just going to suggest a police officer RTD. Then I realized the players would just play it somewhere between Dirty Harry and Robocop and just decided to cut out the middleman.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Hey now, what about Chief Wiggum?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

The funny thing is I was just going to suggest a police officer RTD. Then I realized the players would just play it somewhere between Dirty Harry and Robocop and just decided to cut out the middleman.
You do know that now you've called it the dirty cop RTD, the players will just be the nicest cops ever?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You do know that now you've called it the dirty cop RTD, the players will just be the nicest cops ever?

That's because Gatleos is actually being paid by the Feds to train the next batch of upstanding rookie cops through the method of RTD, which is much cheaper and more effective than actual training. Exactly as planned.

Yeah, it sounds good. I like the idea of the 5-O just being another gang, the only difference is their legit and the state provides them with clothes and guns.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

I was just gonna make my character refuse to shower or wear deodorant. You wouldn't believe how fast witnesses will turn under the threat of being stuck in a poorly ventilated interrogation room with Dirty Cop.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Just fighting back that GM itch is all.

Wait, I think we're getting off-topic. Uhh...
  • Dirty Cops RTD: Hide evidence! Bribe witnesses! Inexplicably carry around a high-caliber magnum and gun down those criminals in cold blood!
  • Roll to Bust Ghosts: Come on, someone must have thought of this.
  • JRTD: The players are a bunch of pointy-haired kids with enormous swords and severe emotional problems, off on a quest to murder god or something.
  • Middle School RTD: Roll to initiate awkward social interactions and stave off growing pains and acne! Please nobody make this
If you're gonna GM another RTD sometime, I'm going to definetelly look into joining that.
I'm propably gonna try to put up my game sometime this week.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Why not both? Team Good Cop tries to crack the case while staying within the bounds of the law. Team Bad Cop is free to do all sorts of morally questionable things, but has to avoid being ratted out by Team Good Cop. Or maybe there's just one Good Cop player and he's honestly trying to do good and just completely clueless that his teammates are corrupt as hell.

That gives me an idea: Parenting RTD! In a hilarious sitcom-inspired turn of events, a nebulously nefarious gang of high-fantasy vigilante "heroes" (i.e. your typical D&D adventuring party) is forced to transport a small child with them on their adventures. The players must safely transport themselves and the kid through dangerous situations, while trying to make a good impression on him/her and avoid turning them into a psychopath like themselves. The kid inevitably gets kidnapped.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pretty Princess Panic RTD

As everyone knows, princesses are beautiful, blessed with special powers, and attract handsome princes like light attracts moths when in danger.

Consequently, there are a lot of them.

The Queen of Filbildilk has mysteriously vanished, leaving behind only her supremely eligible son. Now it's a full-blown riot as a horde of superpowered anime princesses rush to convince the prince that they're the one by any means necessary. And if that takes out the kingdom in the process, well, they'll still have the prince and/or principle.

and/or

You're sick of it. Time to go attract princely attention the old-fashioned way- hurling yourself into danger and hoping it works out. You hear the Crag of Demonic Storm Eels is lovely this time of year. Witchwood Maw is rumored to lead to a candy shop so wonderful you'll never want to leave, somewhere in all that prime underground real estate. Does attacking Steelgate Citadel head-on count as peril for the purposes of prince attraction?

Well, whatever. You'll find out or you'll die trying.

-Princess Creation-
Princesses are defined by their heritage. Well, really they're defined by their appearance, dress, actions, enemies, paramour(s), and a host of other things, but in retrospect their heritage tends to explain a lot.

To create a princess, select a Main Class and a Subclass. Your Main Class is the general description of your mother, while your Subclass is defined by your father. Together, these define your abilities.

Spoiler: Sample Classes (click to show/hide)
For instance, a Monk/Monk would be a very Monky Monk. A Monk/Exile would probably be an arrogant kung fu villain whose rage at being surpassed by some goody-two-shoes twit can't be measured by mortal instruments.

Probably mostly chunky salsa/winging it system otherwise, but it wouldn't be too hard to add numeric health if it'd make things more codified. Stealing some Stunting rules from Exalted might make for particularly cinematic and overshot-happy combat.

Why not both? Team Good Cop tries to crack the case while staying within the bounds of the law. Team Bad Cop is free to do all sorts of morally questionable things, but has to avoid being ratted out by Team Good Cop. Or maybe there's just one Good Cop player and he's honestly trying to do good and just completely clueless that his teammates are corrupt as hell.

That gives me an idea: Parenting RTD! In a hilarious sitcom-inspired turn of events, a nebulously nefarious gang of high-fantasy vigilante "heroes" (i.e. your typical D&D adventuring party) is forced to transport a small child with them on their adventures. The players must safely transport themselves and the kid through dangerous situations, while trying to make a good impression on him/her and avoid turning them into a psychopath like themselves. The kid inevitably gets kidnapped.

Or you could traumatize everyone with a Darkest Dungeon RTD. Better yet, whole team is babies!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still working on roll to sleuth in my spare time. Main problem I foresee is that if I go ahead with making your char sheet influence your starting office, it might take a long time to generate all the offices depending on player count.

Edit: The other obvious problems are that I'm bad at running forum games, and that I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to make challenging enough puzzles.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:56:33 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

The Irish Rover: A Hyperbolic RTD

On the 4th of July eighteen hundred and six you set sail from the sweet Cove of Cork. You were sailing away with a cargo of bricks for the grand city hall in New York. It was a wonderful craft, she was rigged fore-and-aft, and oh, how the wild wind drove her! She stood several blasts, she had twenty-seven masts, and they called her the Irish Rover.

You are one of Rover's ten thousand crew (or at least one of its six million and one dogs), each one of you more flush with adventure than the last, and your objective on the ten-year journey to New York is to, well, survive, which probably will turn out more difficult than projected, given the seven million barrels of porter, the fact that virtually anything can happen in the vast recesses of Rover's belowdecks area, and the relative scarcity of that most precious of resources, luck.

Aiding you in your adventure will be the infinite font of something we'll call Munchhausen Points. As the previous sentence suggests, they are indeed infinite, and one Munchhausen Point is more than enough to cause your next roll to shoot up to its top value, in this case a shiny, solid 6 like none other, with all the consequences that getting a 6 on a roll typically entails. "Gee, I'm in luck!" you must be thinking, and rightly so, for Munchhausen Points will never run out or fail you at the wrong time. And since that would be boring, Munchhausen points naturally come with a catch - each time 13 total are spent across the whole currently active party of sailors, disaster strikes that threatens the entire crew, even the captain's old dog! So be careful out on the high seas, and should that fail, make sure that at least one of you survives to tell the tale.

Lethality: high, as befits sea travel in the early 19th century.
Rolls: unmodified d6 most of the time, openly interpreted according to circumstance.
Irishness: possibly optional.
Number of players: probably limited, with reapplication potentially possible after death.
Realism: (!)
Potential Sci-Fi Version: sure, why not?

Pretty Princess Panic RTD

Perhaps it is my secret weakness for princess-related things, but I for one would do my best to get into this one if somebody ran it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:37:43 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 661