Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702161 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

Fair enough, I need to review the stats at a later time (since I tend to make better judgements after leaving the mindset in which I make a post) to make sure that they still make sense and have enough of an impact to be used.
yeah if you can think of a way make a stat for predicting attacks in combat but only if you can think of a decent downside for a high stat because calling the stat empathy is a bit of a stretch
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair enough, I need to review the stats at a later time (since I tend to make better judgements after leaving the mindset in which I make a post) to make sure that they still make sense and have enough of an impact to be used.
yeah if you can think of a way make a stat for predicting attacks in combat but only if you can think of a decent downside for a high stat because calling the stat empathy is a bit of a stretch
Yeah, it admittedly was, though I'm still having issues thinking of a fair, logical downside. Then again, I suppose predicting enemy movements is more the critter's job than the child soldier's so it isn't too much of a loss if no replacement is found.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it admittedly was, though I'm still having issues thinking of a fair, logical downside. Then again, I suppose predicting enemy movements is more the critter's job than the child soldier's so it isn't too much of a loss if no replacement is found.
indeed

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Maybe have it be a stat that can't be raised from the start, begins at zero, and is called Combat Experience? Kinda leads to the problem that the really experienced ones become very hard to defeat, but it's an idea anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

-snip-

An amusing match would either be a cynical, authoritarian commander who conflicts with them greatly, or someone more supportive who just focuses on keeping them alive whilst reveling in the slaughter.
Sounds perfect. Two-faced murderbear is on the job of keeping her alive.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i am regretting not giving salsacookies a flamethrower in roll to defend the bunker the chaos i could write were a flamethrower involved im trying to think of ways i can give him one
does anybody have any ideas

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe have it be a stat that can't be raised from the start, begins at zero, and is called Combat Experience? Kinda leads to the problem that the really experienced ones become very hard to defeat, but it's an idea anyway.
That could work. Plus something is indeed needed to represent their experience gain and how they develop as a soldier. As for preventing them from being too difficult to defeat, I suppose experience gain could scale with difficulty, effectively, no matter how many times a character is involved in combat at a certain level, they will eventually reach a point where they do not gain any more experience, thus preventing grinding from occurring.

An alternative I suppose, would be having separate Combat Experience stats for different scenarios so that the more experienced ones, whilst able to perform quite well in their specialties, still suffer the same issues in what they have not had as much experience in.

i am regretting not giving salsacookies a flamethrower in roll to defend the bunker the chaos i could write were a flamethrower involved im trying to think of ways i can give him one
Lyeos did overshoot for getting explosives, so they could be setting them up and find that there were also other weapons such as say, a flamethrower, there as well.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That could work. Plus something is indeed needed to represent their experience gain and how they develop as a soldier. As for preventing them from being too difficult to defeat, I suppose experience gain could scale with difficulty, effectively, no matter how many times a character is involved in combat at a certain level, they will eventually reach a point where they do not gain any more experience, thus preventing grinding from occurring.

An alternative I suppose, would be having separate Combat Experience stats for different scenarios so that the more experienced ones, whilst able to perform quite well in their specialties, still suffer the same issues in what they have not had as much experience in.

Lyeos did overshoot for getting explosives, so they could be setting them up and find that there were also other weapons such as say, a flamethrower, there as well.
thats perfect if nobody else thinks of anything better i will go with that

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Bwahahahahah.
I admit that just to find out what the deal with it is, I watched two episodes of Magika Madoka.
So while the show itself isn't that gripping or entertaining, I have to say this about your idea: I love it!

Do yourself a favor, and watch the rest of it. The first two episodes are trite and saccharine in order to set the tone, so that later episodes can subvert it. And by later episodes I mean pretty much every other episode starting with 3 is some kind of Wham episode. Shit gets dark.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bwahahahahah.
I admit that just to find out what the deal with it is, I watched two episodes of Magika Madoka.
So while the show itself isn't that gripping or entertaining, I have to say this about your idea: I love it!

Do yourself a favor, and watch the rest of it. The first two episodes are trite and saccharine in order to set the tone, so that later episodes can subvert it. And by later episodes I mean pretty much every other episode starting with 3 is some kind of Wham episode. Shit gets dark.
Well obviously it does. I watched it because of TWoOtA, how everyone kept mentioning it there. I read FFS's theories on entropy.
Alright. I won't be turning into one of those people who's only here for that magical girls thread though, and if I do, euthanize me. No, wait, don't; wrong "guilty pleasure". Euthanize me if I become a brony. :P
The Cyan Menace

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bwahahahahah.

Well obviously it does. I watched it because of TWoOtA, how everyone kept mentioning it there. I read FFS's theories on entropy.
Alright. I won't be turning into one of those people who's only here for that magical girls thread though, and if I do, euthanize me. No, wait, don't; wrong "guilty pleasure". Euthanize me if I become a brony. :P
when you say become a brony do you have to imerse yourself in brony subculture to become a brony or just enjoy the show i enjoy the show but i stay the fuck away from all fan cultures im not going to Euthanize you for enjoying something however if you become a part of a fandom i will eugenicly clense you

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fandom one. I will admit I've watched the show, and it's good for relieving your mood after watching something really dark. But the fans... the fans of both shows seem to take it too far.
I don't remember what other show I was watching when I sampled ponies. Was it Fringe? No, something darker. Like, a heartbreak every episode. It's so far back it's not even on the recently watched list, which goes back a year and a half. Hmm. Don't remember.

Don't tell me Magika Madoka is so dark that I'll have to start watching Ponies again to keep my mood up?
The Cyan Menace

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fandom one. I will admit I've watched the show, and it's good for relieving your mood after watching something really dark. But the fans... the fans of both shows seem to take it too far.
I don't remember what other show I was watching when I sampled ponies. Was it Fringe? No, something darker. Like, a heartbreak every episode. It's so far back it's not even on the recently watched list, which goes back a year and a half. Hmm. Don't remember.

Don't tell me Magika Madoka is so dark that I'll have to start watching Ponies again to keep my mood up?
it does get pretty dark on the plus side i havent seen much to bad in the fandom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

But then you wouldn't be able to join my magical filly game!

Hard Mode: Guess if I'm joking or not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Uhhhh... well I myself watched the goofier episodes of Adventure Time in the gaps, so maybe yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 661