Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702596 times)

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9540 on: November 05, 2016, 05:53:51 pm »

What should I do, It been long time since do Just complete Random RTD that doesn't have any rules

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9541 on: November 05, 2016, 10:16:07 pm »

Because I'm considering it.
Nah, you can do it. I'm... somewhat occupied. I doubt I could consistently make turns. Calculus for the lose.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: November 05, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »

Because I'm considering it.
Nah, you can do it. I'm... somewhat occupied. I doubt I could consistently make turns. Calculus for the lose.

Calculus is fecking awesome, I can't tell you how much I use that shit. Remember,
Spoiler: Rules for Life (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: November 05, 2016, 11:36:47 pm »

I've been experimenting with a concept of using physical stats to determine the maximum "power level" of a player and rolling multiple d6's based on that value, rather than rolling once and adding a bonus. To succeed, you have to roll as many 4's and above as the difficulty of an action. Some of you might recognize this from my current arena game. It's a modified version of that one.

The advantage, in my eyes, is that it lets me use re-rolls as a way to represent skill level. So your physical stats are the absolute limit on what you can do, while your skills allow you to re-roll X times based on your skill level. Being better at doing something makes you more reliable, but unskilled characters still have a chance of pulling off something in the same difficulty range.

On the other hand, I can't help but feel like I'm just trying to be novel for the sake of novelty.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: November 06, 2016, 05:30:50 am »

Done. Roll to Booze-up running.
One wheel short of a wagon

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: November 06, 2016, 12:55:39 pm »

Well that expanded quicker than I expected, I was just away for a day! I did have some plot ideas akin to monk12 and hb's but more like a stag do. Drunkenness mechanic initial thoughts involved increasing dice sizes, I think. Anyway, good luck with the game! I wasn't going to do it, I have enough trouble with my own, even after receiving shamanic-like plot-direction visions.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: November 06, 2016, 02:40:12 pm »

Hey, can someone help me?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: November 06, 2016, 02:50:53 pm »

With what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: November 06, 2016, 04:43:29 pm »

With what?
This
What should I do, It been long time since do Just complete Random RTD that doesn't have any rules

I don't know what popular right now, well I'm just thinking of doing what I originally did

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: November 06, 2016, 04:49:49 pm »

Deathmatches are nearly always nice.

I could set one of those up in fifteen minutes or less.

More importantly: what exactly are you looking for in a game you would run(long or short to update, complicated or simple, fewer or more players, free-form or structured, plotted or plotless)?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: November 06, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »

With what?
This

I don't know what popular right now, well I'm just thinking of doing what I originally did
Do a game about kittens, where you... wait, no, about NYANkittens, where you have to grow them into nyancats before crushing them to make delicious, highly-prized nyanwine and putting it in your nyancellars to age it to perfection. Wait this makes no sense at all does it?

How about a game where the players are, uh. Uhmm. *Yoink looks around the room for inspiration* ...Giraffes, and they're searching the Sahara (and later on various other environments, possibly voted on by the players) for fancy scarves to collect and wear. The player who earns the most scarf points by [ARBITRARY TIME/TURN LIMIT] wins, and is installed in the newly-built Giraffe Palace to rule over Giraffe Kingdom, with the other players taking the roles of various advisers and ministers as the game shifts into the form of some kind of mutant kingdom builder/strategy/4x/colony management sim.   
Yeahhh that'll be great lock it in you're welcome.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: November 07, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »

Yeah, you should run a game you're sure you want to run, not "what's popular right now."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: November 07, 2016, 07:48:35 pm »

Yeah, you should run a game you're sure you want to run, not "what's popular right now."

I just want RP again, that all

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: November 08, 2016, 08:11:43 am »

IO is correct.

You need to find a setting and/or theme that pleases you, a story that you want to continue, a tone that you like, and a ruleset that suits; and then hope the combination will produce characters you want to RP with and for.

Good luck.

Speaking of which, Roll to Great War: Blackadder would be a good game. You are going to be sent over the top at dawn tomorrow, and have 24 hours/turns to get out of it. Lighthearted.

The Apprentice: Siberia. The players are apprentice shamans and must pass various tests including confronting carniverous reindeer and psychodelic moss. Horror. Psychodelic doesn't look like it's written right.

The Priests: Rural Ireland Version. The players are priests in rural Ireland and must serve Mass, administer to their flock, that kind of thing. But something goes awry, and instead of competing for promotion to Bishop, the priests must join forces to combat the greater threat. Gritty and ultra-detailed realist.

Best Man. The players are members of a stag do and end up 300 miles away from the wedding, which is tomorrow. They have lost all of their clothes and money, and must get the groom back. Unfortunately they are horrifically drunk and so use a special 1,1,1,3,5,6 dice. (3 is my least favourite die roll, as a GM.) Farce. (obviously, but there are many tones that would work well with this - what if they've just woken up to find one of their members brutally murdered, and all of them covered in his blood?)

Roll to Brian. The players are competing holy men during the Roman occupation of Judea. They must compete for followers, but also avoid being put to death.

I've got a couple more but lunchtime is over.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: November 08, 2016, 08:47:49 am »

I believe it's psychedelic.

Oh man, I want to play almost all of those games. Why have I never thought of a Blackadder RTD before?!
Unfortunately I doubt I possess the comedic genius needed to even approach such a Herculean task, but I would love to participate in such a thing as a player if it were to become a thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 661