Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort  (Read 19952 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:03 pm »

I dont know whata sadder the fact hat i deided to build some fortifications in the middle of winter or the fact that you did not notice how i cocked up our defences.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2011, 08:25:21 pm »

snip

I'm awesome!  :)

There was one very large room that may have been a magma smelting area but it was filled entirely with magma. Unrelated to the rest of the carnage in the fort which was mostly caused by the fact that one of our most powerful enemies kobolds are trap immune.

The magma-forging area is directly above the floor filled with magma.

It's really terrible that our worst enemies are kobolds, but this is a succession fort.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2011, 09:54:00 pm »

Im going to look into this in legends maybe by some strange quirk of the game Kobolds became the dominant civ?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2011, 09:56:28 pm »

If kobolds get away with raids/snatching too many times, they get bold and attack you directly. Fortunately, Kobolds rarely wear armor.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:16 pm »

Again i think they attacked because again when i started up my turn there where only training axes and one copper axe to one entire squad and another squad was armed with weapons looted from goblins which brings bad luck to any dwarf who gets the idea in his head now these squads where all wiped out while i was playing by the dreaded Goblin and Kobold made machine guns.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2011, 04:06:44 am »

Quit stalling the thread with needless posts Ahrimahn!

Noodle0117, your turn!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2011, 10:35:30 am »

Noodle0117, your turn!
Ok sorry about that.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2011, 07:08:36 pm »

Noodle0117, your turn!
Ok sorry about that.

RTiger, dude or dudette, chill.  We're here to have fun. Ahriman isn't insulting anyone, or derailing, or doing anything that's an issue. 

Ahriman, your posting habits aren't anything you should feel sorry about (your grammar and spelling is a separate issue >.<).  I'm happy to discuss what went wrong with the fort. That's a fairly common topic in succession threads and I don't know why RTiger is flipping out about it.

Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2011, 07:11:29 pm »

Just mildly irritated that every other post has been his. Sorry if I seem a little like a hard case.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2011, 08:39:05 pm »

It's understandable. But some people like to post a frequently, some people like to write long posts, whatever.  Ahriman isn't holding anything up by posting frequently.

Good conversations draw more people in, and keep people interested.  More succession forts die of inattention than FBs, as far as I can tell.  If you don't like the way the conversation is going, change it.

What about discussing how to prevent/manage future mistakes?  One thing that might help is using a stable-transition philosophy: If you want to change something, get the new thing in place before taking away the old thing. That would have gotten rid of the kobold-friendly hole in the wall.

Putting less emphasis on time might be a good idea. I finished my turn really quickly because you were kind of being pushy about it, and I think that fed into some communication issues about where things were and the state of the fort.

Maybe asking overseers to put up an overview, text and images, describing the layout of the fort at the end of their turn?  Peregarett did this over at Scrubbecreams, it was pretty useful. Part of the problem with Ahriman's year seems to be that I wasn't clear about where the smelting floor was, so he tried to build another one.
To summarize:

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »

All I ask is that you make a update post within two days. You still have a week to finish the full turn. 2 days a season seems hardly unreasonable. Being a no lifer doesn't help any.

Miscommunication is part of the fun in these kinds of forts, though this one I admit is looking more chaotic then expected.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:08 pm »

I haven't yet had the chance to read anything about this fort.  All I know is that I'm a slave recently named and brought up from the depths (?).  Should I read up before my turn, or should I just go for it?
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »

Go for it Sav. I don't think anyone has the save right now

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2011, 08:43:39 pm »

I'll give it until about noon tomorrow, and then I'll start.  Also, this is my first succession fort (other than the other one which I'm about to start).  I assume I can find out where to post the save by following the examples of previous turn-holders?

Also, I hear you guys have problems with kobolds...  This should be an interesting time!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2011, 06:47:30 am »

All I ask is that you make a update post within two days. You still have a week to finish the full turn. 2 days a season seems hardly unreasonable. Being a no lifer doesn't help any.

Miscommunication is part of the fun in these kinds of forts, though this one I admit is looking more chaotic then expected.

Trying to keep to a strict 2 days per season schedule is kind of unreasonable, actually. I don't know what your RL situation is like, but many people have days where they work long hours, where they have face-to-face commitments, or other things that are going to take precedence over their DF time during a 2 day period.  It doesn't actually take very long to play a year in DF if you can get decent FPS, but people typically have a week to play it because they need to work the year around everything else they need to do. A week is long enough that this can be worked out.

Re: Miscommunication
 The ELO song 'Confusion' has been running through my head ever since I started playing this fort. :)

Go Savolainen5!
To summarize:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14