Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226951 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #690 on: June 04, 2011, 10:26:48 am »

edit: is it normal that all the military guys look the same, only different colors?

No profession tiles are in at the moment. So yes, they are all just the same tile different color.

actually we have that, it's called chainsaw blade (for some reason), BUT IT SHOULD BE CALLED THE CHAINSAW CHAIN, IT!!!!!! (and yes, that was yelling at you, IT000)

Both names are correct. I've always called it Blade, if you want to change it I have no qualms about it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 04, 2011, 11:39:20 am »

why don't YOU change it?

i mean, really. it sounds like you ripped the blade part out of the chainsaw, or that you took one of the blades on the chain.

so...why is it called chainsaw blade?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 04, 2011, 01:22:33 pm »

I've also heard people use both blade and chain.

It's a small enough thing that we can just chill and change it in the game if it bothers us that much. It's not even really a "fix" as much as a preference choice. Chain may be the more popular usage, but IT000 uses blade, so it's not that big of a surprise that he would stick to what terminologically familiar to him.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:00 pm »

I just played day of defeat and thought you could make combat shovels, like, heavier and sharper maybe? or more penetration? i dont know, but it would be hillarious to beat the zombies with shovels xD

(bash attack with lots of surface and cut attack with the edge)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 04, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »

How exactly would I go about putting bullets in a quiver?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #695 on: June 04, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »

The same way you put everything else in a quiver. :p

Not that quiver can be changed anyway. One of the wierd random hardcoded things.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 04, 2011, 03:37:02 pm »

And how exactly do I usually put stuff in a quiver?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 04, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »

And how exactly do I usually put stuff in a quiver?

Ammuntion is automaticaly placed in quivers.

Also, ideas since i've lost two diggers to poison and disease.

1. A warning when you hit poisonus rock? Like "Surface Rock detected! Digging Cancelled" or something in that order (people shouldn't mind it, is redesignating one tile to much to save the life of your only miner?).
It just seems kinda funny to just look away for half a minute and suddenly getting "UristMiner has suffocated!".

2. A cure against these crazy poisons and dust clouds?
Perhaps something to add to the Hospital?
No idea if that is at all possible but I saw you guys talking about medication and whatnot...

3. Some sort of Gas Mask or tool to protect against rock poisoning?
Yeah, its true that this mod isn't about digging underground and collecting rich minerals, but we all know that it is easier to just store everything underground than build huge wooden structures, heck, it took me almost an entire year just to build the 1z high perimiter wall and half a year to build the building housing the trade depot and barracks.
If you want to prevent digging through a certain layer you could always add an unminable stone layer just 5z from the surface, right?

Other than this everything is perfectly fine, except that Yak Bull of mine ended up strangling my small herd of 4 animals and my mentaly challenged butchers and haulers didn't butcher the fresh corpses fast enough so I lost more or less 100-200 units of meat.
I seriously doubt this is the mods fault, but still, god damnit.
I can see the Fun jogging around the corner already.
I hate and love this at the same time, it just seems un-hardcore-survialist to mod the game back to "normal" yet I hate the idea of losing everyone to freaking rocks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:11:27 pm by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 04, 2011, 09:34:06 pm »

Announcements are hardcoded, I think. So no changes, although they would be really helpful. But it's kind of like real life where you have to pay attention to miners or else something bad could happen.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 04, 2011, 11:53:47 pm »

I don't know which is correct, Chainsaw blade or Chainsaw chain,

one thing I'm sure is that they are very deadly if wielded by trained hands.

I've tested on arena, and It literally one-hitted every single creature with brains

if got hit on the head.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 05, 2011, 01:38:16 am »

I just played day of defeat and thought you could make combat shovels, like, heavier and sharper maybe? or more penetration? i dont know, but it would be hillarious to beat the zombies with shovels xD

(bash attack with lots of surface and cut attack with the edge)

actually, the military entrenchment tool can be sharpened (if it's made out of metal. (here, in slovenia it is, with a plastic retractable handle)), wich was used in WW1 as a trench raid tool.

I've also heard people use both blade and chain.

It's a small enough thing that we can just chill and change it in the game if it bothers us that much. It's not even really a "fix" as much as a preference choice. Chain may be the more popular usage, but IT000 uses blade, so it's not that big of a surprise that he would stick to what terminologically familiar to him.
meh, okay, i'll change it myself. but, yeah it is A POWERFUL AND POTENT WEAPON, MY APPRENTICE *breathes like darthvader*

Ammuntion is automaticaly placed in quivers.

Also, ideas since i've lost two diggers to poison and disease.

1. A warning when you hit poisonus rock? Like "Surface Rock detected! Digging Cancelled" or something in that order (people shouldn't mind it, is redesignating one tile to much to save the life of your only miner?).
It just seems kinda funny to just look away for half a minute and suddenly getting "UristMiner has suffocated!".

No idea if that is at all possible but I saw you guys talking about medication and whatnot...

Yeah, its true that this mod isn't about digging underground and collecting rich minerals, but we all know that it is easier to just store everything underground than build huge wooden structures, heck, it took me almost an entire year just to build the 1z high perimiter wall and half a year to build the building housing the trade depot and barracks.
If you want to prevent digging through a certain layer you could always add an unminable stone layer just 5z from the surface, right?

Other than this everything is perfectly fine, except that Yak Bull of mine ended up strangling my small herd of 4 animals and my mentaly challenged butchers and haulers didn't butcher the fresh corpses fast enough so I lost more or less 100-200 units of meat.
I seriously doubt this is the mods fault, but still, god damnit.
I can see the Fun jogging around the corner already.
I hate and love this at the same time, it just seems un-hardcore-survialist to mod the game back to "normal" yet I hate the idea of losing everyone to freaking rocks.

1. maybe it could be changed to warm stone somehow? then it pauses the game.

2. he's gonna add cures and pills in the next version.

3. that can't be done in DF, but there will be gas mask for appearance for reinheit, maybe like some head armor.
and the unminable just spoils all the fun of mining. you can embark to a biome with very deep soil.
as for building: build a sawmill then cut logs into planks (1 log=4 planks)
hell, if i could do it in a desert biome with scarce trees.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:15 am »

Thats the funny part, I AM using the sawmill to create planks, its as much a matter of resources as it is manpower.
Most are busy hauling items, producing trade goods or peforming activities to help sustain the compound.

Also, this is my first time playing Corrosion (hence losing miners to poisoning in the first place) so I genned and embarked on a typical area without knowing what to expect. ;P
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 05, 2011, 03:24:31 am »

Thats the funny part, I AM using the sawmill to create planks, its as much a matter of resources as it is manpower.
Most are busy hauling items, producing trade goods or peforming activities to help sustain the compound.

Also, this is my first time playing Corrosion (hence losing miners to poisoning in the first place) so I genned and embarked on a typical area without knowing what to expect. ;P

here's a hint: use dwarf therapist ;)

it helps SOOOOO much. just remove the hauling job from your carpenter, and he'll do it until you run out of logs.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 05, 2011, 08:31:49 am »

I would like to do something like this. However I only have a limited ability to mod announcements. So this is not possible.

We'll have to see, most of the medicine I have proposed is pure speculation. But I will need to wait until .26 before I can be certain.

At this moment, helmets cannot protect the user from deadly fumes. Personally, I use soil layers for storage, it helps conserve space. As for the unminable stone layer, I cannot specifically say "Okay at -5 I have hard rock". There is already an undiggable stone layer in the game called Hard Rock, most of the time it's deep enough that it doesn't cause any problems unless your trying to get to the caverns.

actually, the military entrenchment tool can be sharpened (if it's made out of metal. (here, in slovenia it is, with a plastic retractable handle)), wich was used in WW1 as a trench raid tool.

Fair enough, since it was used for military purposes, the warlords should probably get it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 05, 2011, 09:50:24 am »

Shovels seem pretty lethal in  the game already. Chunks go flying whenever one of my miners encounter a scavenger  8)

A combat shovel that the warlords bring could be useful, but a little unnecessary IMO. 
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 111