Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226930 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #720 on: June 06, 2011, 08:07:21 am »

What, no chain axes?

I am so disapoint guys.

we're talking humans here, not space dwarwes.

sword is an elegant weapon, but it ain't effective.

axes are for orcs and dwarves.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 06, 2011, 08:15:31 am »

Yea... We need chainfists... Yea... And a rifle with a chainsaw bayonet... *insert maniatical laughter here... Laughter or slaughter?  :D)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:24 am »

What, no chain axes?

I am so disapoint guys.

we're talking humans here, not space dwarwes.

sword is an elegant weapon, but it ain't effective.

axes are for orcs and dwarves.

Aw you are not a real wh40k fan </3
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 06, 2011, 11:49:16 am »

We need chainfists...
FAAALLLLCCCOOOONNNN.....
nonono for FAAALLLLCCCOOOONNNN..... you need an power fist.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:22 am »

We need chainfists...
FAAALLLLCCCOOOONNNN.....
nonono for FAAALLLLCCCOOOONNNN..... you need an power fist.
FFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAALLLLLLCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:50 am »

Aw you are not a real wh40k fan </3

why? i like imperial guards, space wolves (SPACE WOLVES!), eldar and tau.

sooo......why exactly?

also: CHAINFISTS!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 07, 2011, 05:03:46 am »

While the Warhammer fan in me is smiling broadly at all the references, I'm sure that IT doesn't want his mod to be called "Warhammer with zombies". ;)

Spoiler: Warhammer Weapon Rant (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:52 am »

@IT000

Downloaded and played your mod. Its really quite enjoyable! Lost my first 3 forts, which in vanilla hasent happened for AAAAAGES. Probbaly to do with most of my humans having Depression above 80!

Suggestions:
  • Any chance you can list in the readme WHICH LABOURS the new jobs use? I cant seem to get one survivor to Build Ammo, and another to build weapons.
  • Use more of the abnormal labours. Who cares what its called, just being able to tick the box that says "Burn Vermin" OFF would be nice. Maybe Alchemy for Gunpart MFG, ect.
  • Infected climbing (limited flying)
  • A way to keep your miners from dying, but not indefinitely. Respirator, Bed Rest to remove the immediate effect, but long term effects still will kill them(maybe Medicine that can only be traded from Enlightened
  • List which stockpiles the new items use and exactly what skills the new weapons use
  • Put the name of the Caste in the description, or make some other way to tell!

Keep it up!! To anyone who is looking to try this mod out DO IT (but install the zombie pus removal thing, as currently they SERIOUSLY GIMP your fps)!!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 07, 2011, 06:52:56 am »

Hey, i was just joking, but dont tell me it wouldnt be awesome :D

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:10 am »

@IT000
Suggestions:
  • Any chance you can list in the readme WHICH LABOURS the new jobs use? I cant seem to get one survivor to Build Ammo, and another to build weapons.
YES, IT000, DO THAT!
  • Use more of the abnormal labours. Who cares what its called, just being able to tick the box that says "Burn Vermin" OFF would be nice. Maybe Alchemy for Gunpart MFG, ect.
dunno bout that, but o believe that metalcrafter should be sufficient
  • Infected climbing (limited flying)
no. zombies (infected) can't climb. maybe IT000 should add some new castes or something
  • A way to keep your miners from dying, but not indefinitely. Respirator, Bed Rest to remove the immediate effect, but long term effects still will kill them(maybe Medicine that can only be traded from Enlightened
medicine will be added in the next version of DF, respirators are not possible in DF
  • List which stockpiles the new items use and exactly what skills the new weapons use
it's in the readme. it says IT IS A SWORD. so it's logical it uses the hammer skill. ;)
  • Put the name of the Caste in the description, or make some other way to tell!
i believe that is already at the end of description: a humanoid who is slow minded, but eager to help, etc.
[/list]

all my answers are in.

While the Warhammer fan in me is smiling broadly at all the references, I'm sure that IT doesn't want his mod to be called "Warhammer with zombies". ;)

Spoiler: Warhammer Weapon Rant (click to show/hide)
yes, we are well aware. STOP RUINING MY DREAMS, YOU MONSTER! :cries:
and IT said that he does not want to make a hi-tech mod.

chainsaws on teh other hand..... nah, too fuel expensive.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 07, 2011, 07:26:48 am »

Any chance you can list in the readme WHICH LABOURS the new jobs use? I cant seem to get one survivor to Build Ammo, and another to build weapons.

Understandable, I'll stick something together.

Use more of the abnormal labours. Who cares what its called, just being able to tick the box that says "Burn Vermin" OFF would be nice. Maybe Alchemy for Gunpart MFG, ect.

I agree with you, abnormal/seldom used jobs need to have more jobs. Especially Strand Extractor, he's unemployed now that Adamantine doesn't exist. For the automatic 'burn vermin' order go to 'o' 'w' 'auto other' something like that. As for the increased difficulty to make the Gunpart, the gunparts are just the things like triggers and mechanical parts etc. However if I cannot find a way around my current problem with increased steps for bullets I will likely add this.

Infected climbing (limited flying)

Not possible, Toady has mentioned climbing in the future (And overall more difficult sieges), but for now we'll have to wait.

A way to keep your miners from dying, but not indefinitely. Respirator, Bed Rest to remove the immediate effect, but long term effects still will kill them(maybe Medicine that can only be traded from Enlightened

I have played around with this idea. Currently it's not moddable as you described, but DF .26 looks promising. I don't want to make any promises until I know it's possible.

List which stockpiles the new items use and exactly what skills the new weapons use

I could stick this into the readme, I don't see why not.

Put the name of the Caste in the description, or make some other way to tell!

I could include an optional file that makes the descs more blunt for new players, but once you play eight or nine forts you begin to memorize it  ;D

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 07, 2011, 08:44:07 am »

thanks for the fast reply!

The stockpile issue was mostly about Planks. Lord knows how i get them to be stored!

Another suggestion would be to make "trash" plants. So you send your guy out with plant gathering and he collects all the Plastic Bottles (barrels), Old auto parts (melt into iron/steel), Tinned Food (non-edible but cookable food). These plants could just not regrow, or maybe only regrow in the Landfill biome :D I would think this will increase my feeling that I am scavenging for items at the start rather than just digging everywhere in the clay until i hit some metals.

Oh and for something ridiculous put in a way to get -*Depleted Uranium Bullets*- :D:D

My current survivor camp has a swarm of infected sitting outside under my draw bridge with no way in. Good training for my Riflemen! :D

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 07, 2011, 11:03:15 am »

planks are blocks

that is in the decomposed trash layer. there is no plastic, but IT wil (probably) add it in the next version.

here's the list:
Old auto parts (melt into iron/steel) - rusty copper/iron tool
tinned food - rotten meat
and also:
tattered leather/clothing
use the cleaning shop to get the things that are described in the readme.

and depleted uranium bullets? SYNDROME TIME!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111