Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230699 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.4] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2011, 09:16:24 pm »

Didn't we already have steel shotguns?  :P
Anyway, why do the warlords get all the cool melee stuff? All we have are crowbars.  :'(
Because their modern equivalents have golden AK-47's.

Besides, all we need are GORDON FREEMAN.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2011, 09:36:53 pm »

Oh well. It's a good day to do what has tobe done and help my brother to defeat the enemys, anyway.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2011, 06:15:38 am »

are the instruments different? cuz i really haven't bothered.

and once again i have an idea!
it's for armor.
chainmail. suckish against bullets and stabbing weapons, but good vs bites and slashes.
totaly in the spirit of this !!FUN!! mod.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2011, 07:27:41 am »

I think it is too complex to be made with crude methods IMO (how do you make steel/whatever wire?) :P, but we could use metal plates for armor. They would be heavy and crude, but effective i think...

Bah, nevermind, if we can make guns we can make that too i think

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2011, 11:19:55 am »

I think it is too complex to be made with crude methods IMO (how do you make steel/whatever wire?) :P, but we could use metal plates for armor. They would be heavy and crude, but effective i think...

Bah, nevermind, if we can make guns we can make that too i think

was that sarcasm?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2011, 11:37:31 am »

I like your ironworks scheme a lot. Great job :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2011, 11:46:19 am »

The kind of armour you'd see would probably look more like Metal Armour in fallout, just a collection of random metal parts that have been worked, smashed and pummelled into something resembling protective gear and probably held together by leather straps...

Presumably it'd fair it's own against bullets since it's hard to aim for the gaps though not great, and be good against bites and slashes (have you ever tried to bite through a frying pan? Exactly) but weapons like spears would be able to get into the gaps in the plating and do real damage...though I dunno if you could make armour like that in Dwarf Fortress ...yet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:52:25 am by TheDarkJay »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2011, 11:55:47 am »

The kind of armour you'd see would probably look more like Metal Armour in fallout, just a collection of random metal parts that have been worked, smashed and pummelled into something resembling protective gear and probably held together by leather straps...

Presumably it'd fair it's own against bullets since it's hard to aim for the gaps though not great, and be good against bites and slashes (have you ever tried to bite through a frying pan? Exactly) but weapons like spears would be able to get into the gaps in the plating and do real damage...though I dunno if you could make armour like that in Dwarf Fortress ...yet.
That's basically plate armor from vanilla DF.
 :P

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:17 pm »

I like your ironworks scheme a lot. Great job :).

Thanks Deon! Feel free to use it for your mods if you need to.

Didn't we already have steel shotguns?

Anyway, why do the warlords get all the cool melee stuff? All we have are crowbars.  :'(

That steel was just a placeholder. Now the real deal is in!

Warlords will generally get better weapons, and Enlightened will get better (currently nonexistent) armor. This will give you a reason to trade with them instead of just throwing them under the drawbridge until they get the hint.

are the instruments different? cuz i really haven't bothered.

I haven't changed the weapons or toys. I'd better do that though.

chainmail. suckish against bullets and stabbing weapons, but good vs bites and slashes.

I have given a lot of thought to Medieval Armor ever since I first created this Mod. Medieval armor is not going in for the same reasons that Medieval weapons aren't in. Medieval Armor and Weapons would be better then anything that the player can make now. I would like to have my armor and weapons relatively weak to produce Fun moments. Additionally, I am dealing with a relatively modern time, so ancient metalsmithing is a lost art.

Most armor is going to be restricted to WWI to present, but without the bulletproof stuff, which doesn't leave much left. I might add some improvised armor like hockey pads to protect hands and football helmets, but the biggest problem is that all armor takes the same amount of bars. It's the whole helmets and caps situation. Helmets and caps cost the same, but helmets are significantly better then caps. So all players will end up making helmets unless they are trying to challenge themselves.

This is basically what a metal Plate is, which is already in the game. It covers fifty percent of the body and isn't that thick. But it's metal, which beats leather any day. That's as close as I can get, because there is no way to make a specific armor weak to a certain attack.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2011, 12:52:36 pm »

Warlords will generally get better weapons, and Enlightened will get better (currently nonexistent) armor. This will give you a reason to trade with them instead of just throwing them under the drawbridge until they get the hint.
I think the Enlightened should have better survival stuff (better crops, building materials, etc.) and then the War Lords are... well, War Lords.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2011, 09:11:05 am »

should the zombies have some kind of spitter? it would be very annoying but it would make ranged encounters a bit more difficult, because if you have 3 guys in a guardtower with rifles they can take care of a normal zombie siege. Maybe just a mild paralysis-dizziness syndrome, ormaybe something more painful like swelling or blistering, idk...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2011, 12:15:11 pm »

I think the Enlightened should have better survival stuff (better crops, building materials, etc.) and then the War Lords are... well, War Lords.

yeah, i agree, the Enlightened should have some kind of underground crop, thatcan be eaten cooked and raw, but is not brewable, since the Enlightened prefer weed.

peace man. *smashes a zombie with his crowbar*
i said MAN.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2011, 02:16:49 pm »

i said MAN.

It would be better like this:

peace man. *The iluminated merchant smashes the infected wrestler in the head with his +steel crowbar+ and the part sails off in a bloody arc!*
i said MAN.

(awesome beheading skills with a crowbar)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2011, 02:31:30 pm »

yeah, i agree, the Enlightened should have some kind of underground crop, thatcan be eaten cooked and raw, but is not brewable, since the Enlightened prefer weed.

i said MAN.
It should have to be cookable, no plump helmets!  ;)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »

As Necro 910 suggested, it should be cookable only just to prevent your entire fortress from relying on it. Perhaps it could only grow in the winter too. I will have to find a real life substitute (That won't be hard) if I was feeling particularly mean I could give it a contact syndrome to induce a small amount of dizziness or knock out the user after a few in game days. Not to imitate drugs, but just to make underground farming more trouble then it's worth.

should the zombies have some kind of spitter? it would be very annoying but it would make ranged encounters a bit more difficult, because if you have 3 guys in a guardtower with rifles they can take care of a normal zombie siege. Maybe just a mild paralysis-dizziness syndrome, ormaybe something more painful like swelling or blistering, idk...

Perhaps on the third tier, the first tier of zombies is just to make sure you built your fort right. The third tier is going to have mediocre (but still deadly) metal weapons. I suppose I could throw in a few rock slingers in there.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 111