Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How evil are you?  (Read 6459 times)

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: How evil are you?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:12 am »

Back before pastures were put in the game, I was so annoyed by migrants constantly bringing useless pets that I placed my garbage dump behind a pet impassable door with retractable spikes in front of it and a pressure plate right on the lip of the pit. In theory it was supposed to make haulers kill their own pets when they went to dump garbage.

In practice the animals were usually hideously mutilated but didn't die right away; the trap also tended to injure other haulers, children, diplomats, etc. Pretty soon the entire fort looked like an abbatoir with blood absolutely everywhere.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 02:01:24 am »

Back before pastures were put in the game, I was so annoyed by migrants constantly bringing useless pets that I placed my garbage dump behind a pet impassable door with retractable spikes in front of it and a pressure plate right on the lip of the pit. In theory it was supposed to make haulers kill their own pets when they went to dump garbage.

In practice the animals were usually hideously mutilated but didn't die right away; the trap also tended to injure other haulers, children, diplomats, etc. Pretty soon the entire fort looked like an abbatoir with blood absolutely everywhere.
We wanted an apartment complex not an abbatoir.

Urist McGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:57 am »

1. Let useless immigrants 'test' my 10 z level bridge trap.The result is body parts flying.Must be a real puzzle to put them in the coffin.
2.Send a 'suicidal' miner to dig the stairs to hell.Amazingly he comes out alive."What does not kill you makes you stronger"as he/she gets out as a better miner.
Thats kind of all i do evil.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 09:52:18 am »

I'm not evil. Unless you consider dropping P.O.W.s into pits full of ravenous monsters evil, but that would make you an elf wouldn't it =_=...  *loads cage trap*
My personality profile.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 10:06:02 am »

Not very evil here.

The worst thing I've done is make an arena for my marksdwarves and throw all the crundles and blood men from the caverns into it.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:12 pm »

I used to get rid of migrants in various ways before using the popcap.
Using captured animals and prisoners for various experiments or to train the military, the usual stuff.
Also, dropping kittens and extra animals into the local volcano (although that was a desperate act to salvage fps).

I'd rather not go into adventure mode atrocities.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 03:45:29 pm »

I'm not evil. Unless you consider dropping P.O.W.s into pits full of ravenous monsters evil, but that would make you an elf wouldn't it =_=...  *loads cage trap*

Dwarf Fortress Elves are plenty evil - they even eat their own kind, as Cacame Awemedinade's formerly delicious wife can attest to.

Maybe non-violent DF players are...merely human?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

I made a danger room, and put a bronze spear in one of the traps, so that over time, my dwarves would die, but not before they tended to produce an artifact armor/weapon

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 04:27:45 pm »

Not really evil. Infact I become quite attached to my dwarves and will go out of my way to keep them safe.

But that only applies to my dwarves.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 04:57:27 pm »

Most evil thing I've ever done?
Build a fort with the intent to get as big a body count as possible. The starting seven were the starting three and a half (annoying cripple). Ghosts littered the fortress, so I did what any sociopathic dwarf would do. I built a dining hall in the most homicidal ghost concentrated areas and also occasionally used it as a prisoner staging area. I reached a body count of about 50(dwarves, prisoners not counted) with around 5 living before I got bored and attempted to drown/starve them. It took years, those filthy bums. It was fun overall.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18:34 pm »

actually i don't go all evil it just that i don't normally care what my dwarves do but actually one time i was bored of my fortress and just ubnleashed the army oif hell, put all of my dwarves in the same place outside surrounded by a wall, watch the demons fly over the wall and kill them all, that was the only time i was evil on purpose, normally i just laugh when they're getting owned by ogres on the surface while elk birds are killing the rest in the caverns

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 12:30:08 am »

On a similar note how detailed is the damage system to the brain i have cought several unicorns when they tried to kill a merchant and i had the idea to lobotomize them but try to keep them alive so they could be used as breeding stock for captive unicorns.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 01:31:31 am »

Not at all...in 15 years I've only lost 15 dwarves of whom 6 were soldiers.  In fact, I don't think we've lost anyone in a few years now.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 07:26:32 am »

I once made a 20 z-level pit with a spike at the bottom for the sole purpose of throwing kittens down it.

...that's basically it. I also slaughter every elf caravan I see, but that's not unusual.
[Signature]

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2011, 09:19:29 am »

On a similar note how detailed is the damage system to the brain i have cought several unicorns when they tried to kill a merchant and i had the idea to lobotomize them but try to keep them alive so they could be used as breeding stock for captive unicorns.

Unicorns can't be tamed. The best you can hope for is an incredibly rare instance of non-lethal nervous system damage combined with breakage or severage of two limbs (lower spine, left front leg, right front leg) which will render a quadruped completely immobile. It will still be able to attack unless it's unconscious; all living creatures can attack even if all extremities are severed (with a "push" attack). Unicorns are grazers, so if they are rendered immobile or unconscious they will starve to death.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4