Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569226 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #990 on: October 11, 2011, 03:24:42 pm »

Planning to do magic
Attacking character
Attribute bonus coming from the off hand weapon

Dual wield it is!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #991 on: October 11, 2011, 03:33:15 pm »

Does dual wielding have a negative to magic?

I thought it did but I think a lot of things.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2011, 03:36:20 pm »

Oh. Oh, yes, it does apparently. Whoops, I should've read the page before answering Leatra's question.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »

Oh. Oh, yes, it does apparently. Whoops, I should've read the page before answering Leatra's question.
It's okay :D

I guess I should stop trying to create a warlock.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #994 on: October 11, 2011, 04:30:24 pm »

Hooray, I remembered a thing.

Not that magic is terribly useful, although I like magic dart for hitting stuff that's running away.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 11, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

Hooray, I remembered a thing.

Not that magic is terribly useful, although I like magic dart for hitting stuff that's running away.

Magicusers are mindnumbingly frustrating in the early and mid game. However, they are amazing in the late game.

The turning point is having the stats necessary to take advantage of the flood of good spellbooks in higher level dungeons.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:28 pm »

Also you have to know every spell in the game and know the best time to use them. It's more difficult than smashing the bad guys with your club but it's more fun :D

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 11, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »

Some tips is to bring dirty waters with you and toss em on tough enemies to lower their lightning resist.

Train your curses, they can be very handy. Like nixing their resistances, and the higher lvl mobs need their resistances nixed unless you want to spam magic dart till you're sick of it. Slowing them down so you take an extra turn or 2 over them, combine that with speed spell for even more turn advantage.

Always stock short teleport and teleport, they're life savers. And use the short tele to move out of melee range, it usually puts you down still in visual range, but a bit far for their melee. Also dark eye is a mages best friend when fighting other ranged stuff, blind sucks just as bad for the npcs as it does for you. Silence too works good for the casters if you can't get dark eye to blind for some reason.

And if you do decide to be a caster, the mages guild is pretty much a requirement. The bookwriter in there makes the mages life so much more bearable.

I can say I'm having the most fun with my wizzy right now, vs the other chars I made in the past.

Edit: Breaking the post up so it's a bit easier to read.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:40:42 pm by Patchy »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 11, 2011, 06:38:27 pm »

You can throw snow to get people wet. You can also gather an infinite amount of it for free by standing on a snow tile and pressing "g"et.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:08 pm »

Just hit a very interesting tile for a name unfortunately "Kick ass Arrow". made me giggle for a minute  :P

EDIT: Just got my first ever wish too  :o YAY!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:02:15 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »

But if you dual-wield light staves that improve your casting [#####+] skill among other bonus...

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 11, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:09:31 am by Ogdibus »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1002 on: October 11, 2011, 10:06:56 pm »

I wonder how an asura with 4 staves equipped (or however many arms they have, I forget) would do.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 11, 2011, 10:37:19 pm »

Note to self: never, ever approach a duo of those paralyzing eye things without the best anti-eye weapon, preferably a nice gun.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:24 pm »

Magicusers
they are amazing in the late game.

...are they? How late? Like, already beat the game and ground out another 100 hours worth of skill late?

Because even with super high casting skill, I don't see how magic competes with the damage melee/ranged get with all the various damage increase skills.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 291