Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569425 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1410 on: November 03, 2011, 07:56:18 am »

I found a CURE CORRUPTION potion from opening a chest I got from a low-level dungeon in one of those 999 castles. I really don't think you'd find that kind of loot in a dungeon that is lower than level 10, so I'd say that the tip is correct and you were just unlucky.
I didn't see much difference between opening a chest in a level 10 dungeon and the 666 (it's not 999) one.
Potions of Cure Corruption are pretty common. I mostly open chests for medals anyway.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 03, 2011, 12:48:22 pm »

What doy ou guys think is the best current version?

I've come to understand there are a bunch of non-original versions, that were made after the dev stopped. I also heard that they ruined the game.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 03, 2011, 01:55:50 pm »

Stick with the 1.16 xmas version.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 03, 2011, 02:47:02 pm »

Hm. So do you have to drink the cure corruption pots within a set time limit, or just before you accumulate more than 3 mutations from the Ether for them to successfully remove everything? Because if it's the latter, I'm waiting, as my current mutation isn't harmful. Unless I happen to find a Rod of Wish...

Out of curiosity, is the Unknown Shell also effective against those little suicide buggers? Because my favorite tactic when dealing with rooms full of those is to run in and let one detonate on me, killing the rest in a chain reaction.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 03, 2011, 07:44:18 pm »

Cure corruptions will cure the last 2 ether mutations you have acquired, a blessed cure corruption pot will get 3 of them and a cursed one will make your ether disease worse.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 03, 2011, 09:05:01 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:41:39 am by Ogdibus »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:03 pm »

Hm. Just found a treasure map and a cure corruption potion sitting on the second level of a danger 4 dungeon I'm running to train up my little sister and little girl followers. I guess that's fair payback for the massive taxes and tiny salary.

Dammit, I finally manage to get down to the bottom level and beat the boss without either of my followers getting themselves killed, and the second the <deformed eye> goes down, that little sister runs over and chows down, going insane. I savescum more on here than I did in Fallout 3, and that is saying something, considering that I saved pretty much every five damn seconds.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:05:10 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 03, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »

What's wrong with a little insanity? Are there any hidden bonuses/penalties or something?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 03, 2011, 11:20:08 pm »

Yes.

Whenever increased, you have a chance to enter Unsteady status, inflicting a wide variety of disorienting negative effects will be inflicted on the character, such as sleep, dim, confusion, and fear.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 04, 2011, 12:22:53 am »

I save scummed to get a wish for seven league boots... I got another legit wish today though when I was passing by the wells in Palmia.  Apparently if your little girl drinks from it you can get a wish too!

Where do you guys usually locate your house/museum/shop?  I'm doing that cheaty cargo trade/return thing between Port Kapul and Noyel to build up some money atm.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 04, 2011, 01:05:21 am »

Don't know about houses/museums/shops, but I put my ranches near Derphy so I can make some quick money off slaves if I don't kill them.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 04, 2011, 01:11:40 am »

Since you're using the cargo teleport thing, it's unlikely you'll be moving your house yet.

In any case, I placed my first home in a large open space near Derphy. Plenty of room for other structures without being too far away from town ( I skipped straight from cave to castle).

Everything else I just stuck near my house.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:18 am »

Where do you guys usually locate your house/museum/shop?

Along the road around Palmia. It's centrally located in the world map, plenty of open space, and my usual platinum-questing route was Palmia-->Yowyn-->Vernis-->Yowyn-->repeat.

Derphy so I can make some quick money off slaves

I never found that to be sufficiently profitable to be worth bothering with. Too much effort for too little money. Most of my money came from performing and selling dungeon loot. Plus, the aesthetics of Derphy don't particularly appeal to me, and I found ranches to be much better put to use generating stat/resist boosting food corpses than gold.

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 04, 2011, 08:21:50 am »

People, anyone of you play with any mod? What are the best mods for the game? Anyone increases the number of classes or races? (Or you know any page for download mods and try it myself?)

Thanks!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 04, 2011, 04:28:46 pm »

Where do you guys usually locate your house/museum/shop?

Near Yowyn, because there are quite a few dungeons nearby, and it's not too far out of the way.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 291