Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566409 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2445 on: December 08, 2012, 02:51:48 pm »

Playing this again after a couple [few?] years. 1.22 with Elona+, I'm ready for another violently ridiculous experience. Or ten.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 09, 2012, 11:37:52 pm »

Just upgraded to E+. Where do I go to activate AP?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:41 am »

I think it's South Tyris stuff, aka beat the main story first.

But then, that's only what I've heard.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 10, 2012, 05:50:06 am »

I for some reason remember using this game as a girlfriend simulator. I might have to get back into it eventually if I can find a way to download Elona+ - or I find my copy of the final official version.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 10, 2012, 06:20:42 am »

Got the itch to start playing this again, but I can't decide between the XMas version or Elona+. I don't particularly like the idea of some of the 'tweaks' Elona+ makes, but perhaps the new content makes it worthwhile...? Can't decide, can't decide... :(

Edit: I decided. After going through the extensive Elona+ changelog, there's just too many tweaks and rebalances I strongly dislike. Whilst I'd enjoy some of the new stuff, particularly the crafting, it just doesn't seem worth it. Plus it sounds like most of it is untranslated.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:44:23 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 10, 2012, 04:47:29 pm »

I can't do much to change what you think of the "tweaks and rebalances [you] strongly dislike", but I'll point out that there is very little untranslated content that actually matters before going into South Tyris, which doesn't happen unless you beat Lesimas and Zeome.

Even with the untranslated content in South Tyris, it's still playable. From what I remember of managing to beat it a few months ago, citizens and shopkeepers use old dialogue, so there's no confusion, and *I believe* the South Tyris special vendors have had their dialogue translated.
Quest givers use similar and appropriate dialogue from North Tyris quests, so it's not like you'll fumble around and suddenly find yourself facing a crazy chainsaw-wielding basement-dwelling little girl tons of high level enemies you're not prepared for.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: December 11, 2012, 08:40:40 am »

It's ok, I decided to use my old favourite "ELM" instead. :) It mostly appears to be bugfixes... and a lot to do with a new status effect called "Aphrodisiac". Best I can tell, it comes into play when sexxing an NPC, and is primarily used to get eggs and milk.

There's also a lot of AI improvements to pets, and you can build up a combo multiplier in combat if you continually hit an NPC quickly.

A really nice addition is when you re-visit a merchant, the system will tell you if/when their stock is updated.

One change I am not sure about involves the leveling system. I can't fully understand the machine translation, but here is the quote:

When the level of experience of the character has been up and down, only the main basic skills and basic skills for each profession is so up and down. Variation is fixed at 1.

Because it is not due to the experience level fluctuations, these fluctuations are not potential.
    Even when you fall in level 1, I do only main ability and skills fall.
    I do the same thing on the top and bottom by the fall and Encha. These two now level variation exceeded the lower limit and upper limit of the value of direct experience The operation.

I haven't yet survived long enough to find any Potions of Descent to see how it differs from the vanilla game.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 11, 2012, 09:12:45 am »

I reuploaded the graphics pack with my additions here: http://www.mediafire.com/?b56d7istja5s9qc
For some reason Mediafire removed it, maybe because original Elona graphics include sprites from other games.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 15, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »

Great pack Deon, but you missed a couple of tiles. Put some screenshots below for you to see.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

diggles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: January 24, 2013, 10:56:26 pm »

from wikia

Elona+ 1.14 is out now, though whether it's got any new continent is unclear

is it true?

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: January 25, 2013, 02:41:41 am »

from wikia

Elona+ 1.14 is out now, though whether it's got any new continent is unclear

is it true?
... That's a bit strange, for a (semi?) official documentation of the game to not know whether the game has a new continent or not.

But still, I have to say: It was mentioned for a long time that there will be a new continent in the game, so there probably is one added by this new version. It'll take too long for me to start the game again and 100% confirm its existence.
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: January 25, 2013, 02:44:09 am »

Are we talking about content or continent here? I believe the word 'continent' in that excerpt might be a typo, as South Tyris already exists in Elona +.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52:03 am »

v1.14 is actually out. I'm not sure what's new though because I just restarted.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 26, 2013, 03:47:54 pm »

Hey... anyone here happens to have the original HSP code ? Been searching but can't find it anywhere...

Thanks in advance

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2459 on: January 26, 2013, 05:46:36 pm »

You're probably better off checking in the elona forums for that sorta thing. Some guy is also porting it to java if you want to help with a porting effort or something.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 291