Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289403 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #540 on: June 28, 2012, 03:21:45 pm »

I had been using maces a lot lately. Didnt have any luck at beating the arena, and I started wondering how I even got to arena level 53. So I try out my good old axe with a life gem. Got the looping flat level as the arena.

The axe was amazing. I at one point smashed with it so hard that it went into slow-mo. I then proceeded to hit the other two enemies during the slow-mo, which caused them to speed off into the distance. Due to the looping nature of the level, one flew back at me at a ludicrously high speed. It managed to fly directly into my axe, causing it to explode and starting slow-mo again. After which I go to the nearest enemy, and hit him so hard that he should have flown into the stratosphere.

I guess that answers the question of how I got to arena level 53. And now to arena level 54.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2012, 03:45:06 pm »

I had been using maces a lot lately. Didnt have any luck at beating the arena, and I started wondering how I even got to arena level 53. So I try out my good old axe with a life gem. Got the looping flat level as the arena.

The axe was amazing. I at one point smashed with it so hard that it went into slow-mo. I then proceeded to hit the other two enemies during the slow-mo, which caused them to speed off into the distance. Due to the looping nature of the level, one flew back at me at a ludicrously high speed. It managed to fly directly into my axe, causing it to explode and starting slow-mo again. After which I go to the nearest enemy, and hit him so hard that he should have flown into the stratosphere.

I guess that answers the question of how I got to arena level 53. And now to arena level 54.

Oh man this game is amazing. I'm pretty high up in arena also, using a mace but not the colossus mace thing. Sometimes you can hit guys so hard it does some kind of reverse slow mo thing.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 30, 2012, 11:34:22 am »

Came to town, and got a cheap room at an inn overlooking the marketplace near the center of town. Told the innkeeper not to worry if he sees me going in and out now and then during the night, and tossed him a little extra to make sure he didn't worry.

The following day, the local shopkeepers were shocked that their entire inventories disappeared, with not a clue as to how anyone got in, as there were no signs of forced entry, but some were certainly willing to pay extra to the wagon the came that morning to resupply them.

I made nearly 30k in one day.

Two game days in, I've set up a beginner home, and I'm down to a few bucks. I've gotten a job as a two-bit detective, but it's a long climb up the ladder. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy food, and I won't be getting paid for the next couple of days. So, I make the only logical choice: I head to the mausoleum and go spelunking in the caves underneath them for treasure. Normally, I'd come out with a rare seed, bug, or sometimes even a book. That'd be plenty enough to get me by.

This time, I found:

Wait, does that require DLC?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 01, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

Wandering through the wilderness in the general direction of my next objective, my level 3 mage happened upon a grizzled looking Orc surrounded by three dead sabrecats. My curiosity piqued, I go over and talk to him, and he requests a true death. I offer it to him, and he nearly takes me out in one hit. Remembering that I have access to necromancy, I resurrect one of the nearby sabrecats, which proceeds to thoroughly wreck him.

Upon further inspection, he looked to be level 15. Sabrecats are no joke. Undead ones doubly so.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 01, 2012, 10:52:56 am »

Wandering through the wilderness in the general direction of my next objective, my level 3 mage happened upon a grizzled looking Orc surrounded by three dead sabrecats.
I thought this was going to be about an amazing death when I read this line. First time I tried, I thought he would be easy, being near a keep you get to at low levels. HOW WRONG I WAS.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 01, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

Yeah, he was between Riverwood and Windhelm, you know, the starter village and the first major city you visit.

An earlier game and another character I actually encountered relatively high level Thalmor on this road. That one did not end nearly as well.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 01, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »

Two game days in, I've set up a beginner home, and I'm down to a few bucks. I've gotten a job as a two-bit detective, but it's a long climb up the ladder. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy food, and I won't be getting paid for the next couple of days. So, I make the only logical choice: I head to the mausoleum and go spelunking in the caves underneath them for treasure. Normally, I'd come out with a rare seed, bug, or sometimes even a book. That'd be plenty enough to get me by.

This time, I found:

Wait, does that require DLC?
I have a bunch of the expansion packs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kamimaia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2012, 05:50:43 pm »

Demon's Souls.

All of it.

You cannot progress in that game without constantly feeling that there was no way you should have been able to pull it off.

Every sixty seconds.

Case in point: Online, playing my Glass Cannon Soul Arrow mage. Total damage build, with the half-mp wand and that ridiculous tornado turban. 4th playthrough, so enemies are pretty much unstoppably hard by this point. Out in the caves, I just finished dodging the boulders of the first area and was hanging out on the balcony for a bit while my mana regened.

BLACK PHANTOM.

Thankfully, I'm in a prime position to get a look at him. Out over the balcony, I see him wander out of spawn wearing full armor (don't remember what), and antimagic field up and already running.

What most don't know is that Homing Soul Arrow doesn't turn off in the presence of an antimagic field- if you summon it beforehand, your little halo of hate sticks until it fires. He went up the pinwheel, through the door, and I wasn't even paying attention to the screen- I was too busy sending him a chat message.

This is what he saw, in the space of a half-second:

*WHAM.*
*DIED*
"Hiya!"

Cue rage.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:58:12 pm by Kamimaia »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 07, 2012, 11:29:49 am »

4 ballistas, some Longbowmen, and a maxed out Dread skill. Enemies just run at me, usually only one or two squads at a time, get death rained on them, before deciding they had enough. Then the come back, rinse & repeat. It's slightly vulnerable to encirclement tactics, and I have to watch that I don't leave the ballistas to exposed to charging high-moral troops.

This strategy worked for the historical invasion of eventual England* from Normandy(whom I'm playing as), plus an invasion of Sweden that I did to butter up the king of Denmark enough to marry my Crown Prince to one of his daughters. This turned out to be a very good idea, since in the half-hour of playing after the Duke died and his son John took the throne, she's already dropped three baby princes.
Then again, since Duke John is currently a merchant trading with Denmark, I wonder how he's had time to... nevermind, it's probably nothing ;).

*Despite conquering all of the main island that becomes England, plus most of Ireland, I still haven't been crowned King of England, probably since Wessex migrated off the island, and took a few German provinces. Germany fought back, and took all but Aachen back, and Wessex became a vassal, then stupidly declared indepence. Then the Lothars declared war on Wessex. And they're still alive.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 07, 2012, 11:39:01 am »

While clearing out an enemy base, I charged one enemy to deliver some roundhouse-kick death. She turned around, pulled out a homing rocket launcher, and blasted me. I ragdolled up into the air... and landed right on her head.

It was then that I discovered the joys of crushing people to death with your ragdoll.  :)

Also: killed an enemy with a grenade. Not with the grenade's explosion, mind you - I tossed the grenade right at him, and he died from the impact.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #550 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »

Wandering through the wilderness in the general direction of my next objective, my level 3 mage happened upon a grizzled looking Orc surrounded by three dead sabrecats. My curiosity piqued, I go over and talk to him, and he requests a true death. I offer it to him, and he nearly takes me out in one hit. Remembering that I have access to necromancy, I resurrect one of the nearby sabrecats, which proceeds to thoroughly wreck him.

Upon further inspection, he looked to be level 15. Sabrecats are no joke. Undead ones doubly so.

Orc: Check. Experienced: Check. Wants death: Check.

I have yet to encounter said Orc, but i'm guessing he's wielding Umbra?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2012, 10:06:13 pm »

-snip-

Orc: Check. Experienced: Check. Wants death: Check.

I have yet to encounter said Orc, but i'm guessing he's wielding Umbra?
I have ran into him three times in the same game... after wiping out every single hold.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 07, 2012, 10:36:23 pm »

I captured the alien commander by Zapping his ass with a stun rod.  Now we torture him for his secrets.

If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #553 on: July 07, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »

I challenge anyone else to reach this spot:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 07, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »

Is that a CRT? WTF are you still using one of those for!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 709