Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289487 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1470 on: June 21, 2013, 07:49:55 pm »

My Malkavian visited a night club, made two gangbangers have heart attacks, snapped the necks of five more, proceeded to shoot another five with an automatic shotgun at point-blank range, drank their boss dry and then proceeded to dance in the club as if nothing had happened. Got herself an uzi and a katana somehow too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How the dickens did you get VTMB running? What OS are you using?
I applied the unofficial patches after installing it on Windows XP SP3. My computer exceeds the minimum specifications by about 25% and I get about 25fps in most areas after turning off most of the fancy visual effects. I acquired a copy and beat it in eight days with my first playthrough being a Malkavian named Amy. In fact I just beat it less than five minutes ago.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 22, 2013, 12:32:38 am »

Aha. It works for me, albeit very unstably on Windows Vista, exceeding min specs by about 40%.

It flat out does not work on Seven, which exceeds its min specs by 75%+.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 22, 2013, 12:49:38 am »

I was able to run it on 7 easily enough. Just make sure you've installed the unofficial patch, and are running the game in Administrator Mode. If you own the Steam version, that means you need to run Steam itself in Admin mode.  :)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 22, 2013, 12:54:32 am »

Pontc part 2.

I left off with Macedon going west, me going east.  We clashed finally and much 'heroic victories' were had.  After a bit I SEALed Greece and worked up the coast.  With Greece and their core gone I am now finding armies composed of mercs or local troops, cuz with the mod you cant make faction troops without assimilating the county with auxilia building; a 16 turn process my enemy apparently neglected to compete.  Lulz @ the Macedon horde of Guallic swordsmen and  Illyian slingers

Rome Total War w/Total Realism mod
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 22, 2013, 12:40:24 pm »

I was able to run it on 7 easily enough. Just make sure you've installed the unofficial patch, and are running the game in Administrator Mode. If you own the Steam version, that means you need to run Steam itself in Admin mode.  :)
I plan on getting a Windows 7 laptop or desktop between now and August if possible so I'll keep that in mind. I don't have the Steam version so that should make things a lot easier in my opinion.

For something a bit more on-topic my Gangrel eviscerated three plague-bearers and a horde of zombies in the span of ten minutes and without taking a scratch. Now she has a pretty little occult item to show for her efforts and it's easier to feed on kine that aren't hookers or hobos. Hookers and Hobos kind of sounds like a game in and of itself but I digress. Tabitha did good for one not-so humane.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 22, 2013, 04:30:36 pm »

Forget magical swords, rifles and molotovs are the only way to take down zombies.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 22, 2013, 04:38:56 pm »

Aha. It works for me, albeit very unstably on Windows Vista, exceeding min specs by about 40%.

It flat out does not work on Seven, which exceeds its min specs by 75%+.

I've got it installed on 7 right now. Took about a day of tweaking to get it to run, but it works like a dream... mostly. The occasional CTD don't bother me too much, considering I die constantly.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 23, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »

At the start of the game, I saw an oppurtunity to build a large wall between my base and the Bavarians'. Turned out to be mostly useless, since when Peace Time ran out, I had a full formation of Harquebusiers supported with cannon outside the wall, plus a decent force of 100 Mounted Chausseurs and two squadrons(40 each) of Dragoons ready to reinforce if necessary(it wasn't) and many Musketeers(who not once participated in the entire game).

Their main army was smashed by the Harquebusiers and cannons. Unfortunately, my guys were beat up too, leaving the cannons out of the rest of the game, and my Harquebusiers to wander around taking isolated mines. The next step was to send in the cavalry to take down pockets of troops trying to rebuild their army as the Dragoons approached their town.

We set up just outside, using the Dragoons to snipe outlying enemies. For some stupid reason, they kept charging them with Mortars without any backup. I just let them do that, capturing a bunch to rain destruction on their buildings. The death knell came when about 150 Mounted Chausseurs galloped right to the crowded center of town and began slaughtering everyone there. Everything after that was mop-up.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 27, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »

Not really ownage, but the female Gnaar's are graphically glitched and consist only of torsos. I'm not sure if this is a bad or a good or a hilarious thing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1479 on: June 27, 2013, 03:03:28 pm »

Not really ownage, but the female Gnaar's are graphically glitched and consist only of torsos. I'm not sure if this is a bad or a good or a hilarious thing.
Thats deliberate. Some of them can float, and some are invisible too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 27, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »

Oooh. I didn't think about the notes. They just look odd that way, tough. Altough now my game is stuck in pause-limbo. When I quit out of the esc menu, my game is paused. and I can't unpause it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1481 on: June 27, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

Oooh. I didn't think about the notes. They just look odd that way, tough. Altough now my game is stuck in pause-limbo. When I quit out of the esc menu, my game is paused. and I can't unpause it.
Thats odd. Its a keyboard command I think, though I can't say for sure. I haven't played the First Encounter in a while, and having played it a lot before, I can safely say that I never go into the notes anymore, having read all of them at least a dozen times each, so I can't remember the command to unpause. Its probably spacebar or something, though I remember left-click doing the same thing.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1482 on: July 01, 2013, 09:51:52 am »

Beat the game on Pro Mode for the first time.

Result:
Hit Ratio:   78%
Enemies Killed:   904
Number of times killed:   79
Clear Time:   27:14'58''

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 05, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »

I beat Don't Starve Adventure Mode. Feels good man.

Even better, I beat the last world, that crazy-ass always pitch black world, using only torches, no miners hats for easy light, and in 7 days no less. Still surprised I scraped through that.

In total I think beating all five worlds took maybe 100 days.

Now that I beat it, I'm never doing that again.  :P well, not for a while at least.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 05, 2013, 08:35:57 pm »

Beat the game on Pro Mode for the first time.

Result:
Hit Ratio:   78%
Enemies Killed:   904
Number of times killed:   79
Clear Time:   27:14'58''

How many of those deaths were instakills?

Meanwhile, on the Wii version of that same game, I spent an entire new game + round stockpiling all the shotgun shells the game has to offer. Total count: 396. Now to use them on everything.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 709