Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293038 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1980 on: December 24, 2013, 11:08:51 am »

HELL YEAH JUST KILLED A PLESIOTH I DON'T EVEN CARE IF IT TOOK TONS OF HIGH EXPLOSIVES AND SLEEP COATING

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:28 pm »

Does the Plesioth in MHFU have the memetically bad hit box for hip checks, where you can be on the opposite side of where he's aiming and still get hit by it? I'm nowhere near being able to take one on, but I aim on getting a water element Bow from its bits at some point.

My own:

Crazy-ass monkey jumping around and eating shrooms was no match for a bow made from a giant, fire breathing chicken. I haven't been using bombs at all, probably should since they seem to retreat more often than I'd like.

May not seem like much, but I think the farthest I ever got in the original was a Rathian, I think. The hardest part is the camera controls... and trying to learn how to Greatsword again, but I'm currently enjoying the Bow for its speed and versatility. Never liked the Bowgun, myself.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 24, 2013, 02:47:00 pm »

I'm using the Kut-ku bow myself, and it's pretty good.
And yes, the Plesioth has the ridiculous hip check that can strike down gods who are standing 10 feet behind it.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 24, 2013, 11:05:02 pm »

There was a bridge of crazy augmented people between me and my waypoint. And unfortunately I didn't see a way around them because my stealth would not last that long. So I decided to try it anyway but failed because I stood up and attracted their attention. I quickly tossed a gas grenade, taking out several. Then I rushed forward, tased one guy and knocked down two other. Tased another, backed up a bit so the next two augments could line up for a takedown. Which they did. I tased a guy leaning against the railing, then rushed the last two augments and took them down.

Then I looked back and realized there was a side passage I could have used... Woops.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 24, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »

Me, IRL.
I sold a winter crate for CS:GO on steam market for 1.31. that's pretty kick ass imo.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 25, 2013, 01:44:05 pm »

TD-moded a hellcat trying to climb the hill after my 13f3 on Karelia. I destroyed his EVERYTHING. Also, finally managed to nail a tiger who seemed to be charmed against steel rain; my shots seemed to go everywhere BUT straight into the tiger. But when it mattered most(he was charging a low-health medium), BOOM, hit him for lots and set him on fire to boot, destroying him :D

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 26, 2013, 12:35:59 am »

Playing Empire Total War earlier today. As Prussia. We sat and waited, building up massive armies and money before we launched our all out assault on the rest of Europe. Funny enough, Prussia starts with two provinces, disconnected and isolated. A tiny pair of little swathes of land in a massive hellhole of nations that hate them.

As a US Marine General once said, "We're surrounded? Those poor bastards."

Austria declares war on us, and attacks my town, Berlin. I had 8 regiments of Line Infantry, 4 12-lb cannon units, two Regimental Cavalry units, and the General. Austria sieges, and waits outside my town with an almost perfectly equivalent force. One small caveat. My force has Ring Bayonets, Canister Shot, and actual mobile cannons.

It wasn't a battle. It was a SLAUGHTER. Then I took Prague, Moravia and Bohemia from them (Note: There are two provinces BETWEEN BERLIN AND PRAGUE. I WALKED PAST TWO OF THEIR TOWNS BLITHELY, LIKE, "What? Do you even lift bro?" AND STOMPED A BIGGER TOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR EMPIRE, RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR CAPITAL.) I sieged it, and waited. Three turns. They finally attacked me with a reinforcing army of about 400+ line infantry (Read: Three or four regiments) and the town's garrison which was an equal sized army to mine. They came at me on two sides, with superior numbers.

At no point in the battle was it ever unclear who was going to win. Prussia marches, and nations crumble.

Empire Total War
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 26, 2013, 06:10:23 pm »

I actually got close to beating Chemical Plant Zone Act 2. Eggman was still blowing up when I fell into the water. But I beat him. I found the end of the damn stage and beat him, and now I just have to do it again and be careful not to fall into the bullshit trap in the arena.

Sonic 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 27, 2013, 12:05:33 pm »

After learning that trying to clear a regional school by luring the zombie kiddies out and running them over with a car does little for the condition of the car, let alone the fuel supply, I set a few bushes on fire and had them walk over them. Before long, the tiny brush fire grew into a raging fire from all the stuff dropping onto it(I think one of the adult zeds was carrying bullets, since I heard explosions at one point). Pretty much cleared most of the school like that.

So, I went from vehicular pedocide to a giant mound of flaming dead children. Therefore, best way to kill off an entire school full of children is with arson.
...But remember, this is only socially acceptable if the children are also zombies, or possibly Cthuluiod. Otherwise, people will say unpleasant things about you.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 27, 2013, 12:23:42 pm »

Managed to get all of the quests ranks 1-4 done without dying once.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 27, 2013, 01:07:58 pm »

Weaseled my way out of a tight spot, though we lost a man. We will destroy more British ships in his honor.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 27, 2013, 04:02:13 pm »

Coming on the tails of my last encounter which was aptly posted in the "how I last died" thread (death to a skeletal dog), I managed to stumble across a military wreck right behind a house, with a nice army helmet hanging off one side of the frame.  Since I desperately needed better head gear (Glass Jaw combined with severe head injuries due to accidentally walking into a house full of giant black widows), I went in carefully to grab the helmet...and as I approached, I accidentally set off around half a dozen zombie dogs led by a skeletal dog hiding just around a corner.  Needless to say, I lit off back off in the opposite direction, as the pack clambered over the wreck, baying for my blood.  They probably anticipated a quick and swift kill of this prey that they could easily run down...which is when the first dog stepped on a land mine.  Some other survivor left a bunch of buried mines that I almost stumbled into myself walking out of the emergency shelter (in an unrelated incident involving a very angry moose), so it was gratifying to turn the tables and watch the earth erupt under some other pack of hapless zeds.  By dodging back and forth, I jinked most of the pack into various land mines, and one explosion even caught two of them in a single blow. 

As for the skeletal dog leading the pack?  It was the only one that avoided all the landmines.  As it raced up to me, I readied my fireaxe, desperately hoping it didn't hit me in the head even once, only for me to down it with a single lucky blow.  And thus, balance is restored, and I received my fancy new hat helmet. ^_^

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:07:45 pm by Culise »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 27, 2013, 08:41:36 pm »

Playing as Charlemagne on what I think is hemispheres, genned from a random mapscript picker.  Its a dry world, and I start out nutt to butt with de gualle, the frenchie.

I snag polytheism on the way to the TOA, andbuild right on top of him.  I declare onsouthern ghandi with him, wait 6 turns, and take his expansion.  We peace after I manage toconvert him.

Tge greed random quest pops up.  If I can jimmy his copper (yea, archerrush) from his capital I getfree units.  Np.  I settle by some copper, pump out Stonehenge, and get onto math.  meanwhile, he is cautious with me because of tge conversion.  He declares on ghandi with brennus.  I declare on him again, wipe out half his empire, annex the rest, conver ghandi, use the free axemen to declare on brennus and smack some sense into him.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 27, 2013, 09:18:36 pm »

Not how I last owned, but hearing talk of of EW Prussia made me remember this epic battle:

Spoiler: WARNING: LARGE IMAGE (click to show/hide)
needless to say there were no survivors.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1994 on: December 28, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »

@Cmega, It does not, you probably accidentally sold it/ dropped it
I believe Andcient Nord is  Better then steel, but on the enchantment, it all depends.

If your going to Smith alot, keep them, if your gonna find your armor alot, sell them.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 709