Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289462 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2205 on: February 22, 2014, 02:11:07 pm »

Playing some TF2 on my favorite server. Conditions were right for some sniper practice. I spend some time moving about and picking a few people off. Gotta keep moving so they don't pin me down. In this map, even most of the regulars don't know the whole layout. Hardly anyone even remembers the underground tunnel even exists. So I use my superior knowledge of the terrain and ambushing to make up for my admittedly mediocre aim. Eventually, someone rolls a medic and pockets me. His Overdose combined with my Darwin's Danger Shield made me all but unkillable to enemy snipers, giving me nearly free reign to just keep picking people off. I felt safe enough that I could stay in one spot and focus more on shooting instead of running away. Occasionally, a few of them would get close enough to threaten us. At this point, we would go melee and clean them up. Even the scouts could not escape both of us. It was glorious. At one point we were dominating 4-5 of them simultaneously. And the only time we died as a pair was when a spy jumped us. He never got a second chance. I am very grateful he had the patience to pocket me.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:47 pm »

That sounds pretty awesome  ;D.
Hope you don't mind if I ask, what was the map?
The server name is [xG] Pokemon Trade Cener - Xenogamers.org

It runs the Goldenrod City map. Be warned, the server tends to have a bit of hit lag.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 23, 2014, 06:11:47 am »

Playing Silent Storm. One of the missions in the beginning has your team surrounded by soldiers in the lobby of a mansion.

This is how you typically start the fight. Lots of bullets shot, all soldiers dead, some broken windows and railings, etc. Lots of death, minimal destruction.

This... was how I accidentally started it recently. The two Mauser pistol rounds missing from L.A.'s clip were the only two bullets fired. One of them misfired into the floor. And apparently hit the mansion's fuel store in the basement.

The soldier lying on the floor of the basement was the only casualty. Nobody else was so much as scratched. Way to start a fight.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: February 23, 2014, 12:29:42 pm »

Tusk's Walrus Punch + Phantom Assassin's Phantom Strike + Earthshaker's Enchant Totem = thousands of damage with just one hit. People died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: February 25, 2014, 09:19:42 am »

I just finished Dark Souls for the first time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: February 25, 2014, 10:06:13 am »

I just finished Dark Souls for the first time.

I rented that game. I played it rather a lot and only just got the first bell in the first part done before going "Naaah... maybe some other time".

I do recall the boss just before the bell being a bit of a pattern recognition thing. Then after spending about 45 minutes going through the same shit just getting to the boss, knowing you're probably going to be killed anyway, you know it enough to do well against it; the game lulling you into that false sense of security before BAM! Another one which shoots fire comes out of fackin' nowhere. I had to put the controller down and make a sandwich after that.

Tough game, kudos to you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2211 on: February 25, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

That's not owning, it's combat logging, and it's possibly one of the most irritating things you can do, and in fact bannable in several games for just that reason.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: February 25, 2014, 02:52:48 pm »

What's more irritating is a guy respawning a bunch of times with full health and you don't have a chance to regain health, and he can finally exploit the fast respawning enough to drop you.

Plus he was gonna quit anyway because he wanted off the console and on the computer.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2213 on: February 25, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

That's not owning, it's combat logging, and it's possibly one of the most irritating things you can do, and in fact bannable in several games for just that reason.
IMO its only GTA.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »

IMO its only GTA.
I don't think you can really get anything when you kill people in the lobby anyways. I think they may drop some of their money, but in my experience (admittedly I think I was only level 20 something last I played) that's not really a great deal of benefit relative to the cost of everything in the game.

And yeah, bad sport points. He was quite clearly hunting a lower level player, which in itself is cowardly and verging on trolling. It might be fun, but it's still a dickhead move.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: February 26, 2014, 01:39:16 am »

I recently reached my 1000th kill on the guy linked in my sig.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: February 26, 2014, 04:13:43 am »

Finally destroyed Lord Dredmor! Felt so goooood!
Ended up with tons of loot that never used  :P

Fallout 3 finally beaten! Played a 'good samaritan' character. Felt so good to save the world!
Bought NVegas to keep things rolling!
Loving life every second

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: February 26, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »

Finally destroyed Lord Dredmor! Felt so goooood!
Ended up with tons of loot that never used  :P

Fallout 3 finally beaten! Played a 'good samaritan' character. Felt so good to save the world!
Bought NVegas to keep things rolling!

Just know that the side quests in Freeside are especially heartwarming in my opinion :)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: February 27, 2014, 07:48:47 pm »

Stalking DMC Guards at night with NV and a shotgun is the most awesome thing ever. My character is officially nocturnal now.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 27, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »

It's the Soviet Union vs Italy and I'm finally making steady progress. Don't mess with the Red Army, cazzo.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 709