Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292849 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2625 on: May 26, 2014, 02:55:23 pm »

Probably a game in closed alpha/beta that MZ is legally obliged to not spoil.
Nah. I just know where to look.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: May 26, 2014, 03:38:54 pm »

Man, I am terrible at that game. Although I've had far too many kills from my own side for no reason, I think shots clip or something.

What do you mean shots clip or something? Like go through cover and stuff?

Like playermodels clip into each other. I've been friendly fired for far too many times when I am prone, while a guy directly behind me standing will somehow one-shot me.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: May 26, 2014, 05:35:34 pm »

My god...

Medium galaxy, tough AI. In a galaxy with the Yor, Iconians, Krynn, Thalans and the Korath, I chose the Drath Legion.

And holy hell does the Drath kick ass. It was painfully slow in the early-game, with me almost bankrupting myself. I got a decent haul of planets in the planet gold rush and planned on taking Krynn territory. Eventually, the economy kicked in and I could afford to start thinking about my fleets. Defensive fleets galore on my planets.

After I picked off three minor races, the Korath decided to butt some heads with the Krynn.

CUE WAR PROFITEERING

Like a tsunami, I was being flooded with credits in additions to the other tsunamis of credits from my cash-cow planets.

Then both the Iconians and the Thalans joined in the fight. MORE MONEY, YAY!

All sectors were booming with my military finally outpacing the Korath. That's when I figured I might as well join in and grab a few planets for myself. Korath didn't stand a chance against my strategically designed cruisers and corvettes.

When Korath had few worlds left, the Yor declared war on the Krynn. At the same time, the Iconians and the Thalans signed peace treaties with the Korath. I forged an alliance with the Iconians and the Thalans while I still reaped the rewards of the Korath wars. Although that didn't stop the Thalans from occasionally declaring war on the Iconians, forcing me to have a stern talking with the former.

The Krynn were badly losing. Even when I sold a few of my older warships to them along with defensive technology, they still couldn't keep up. Eventually they surrendered to the Yor. (Wait, you'd rather surrender to your mortal enemy than your closest ally? What a dick!)

And that's when the Iconians had had enough with the Yor. Both started fighting across the galaxy, with my front yard as the battlefield. Oh well, at least I got to sell refreshments on the sidelines while profiteering.

In any case, I merely bode my time. Eventually, my military power was greater than all others' combined. The Yor didn't last very long and I took a sweet Diplomacy Victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: May 26, 2014, 06:23:29 pm »

How does war profiteering work?  When I try to sell ships to people they usually give me a negligible amount of credits in return.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: May 26, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »

I was getting bored with playing Aikido, so I decided to try out Lenshu for the first time.

I dodged my opponent's clumsy punch, causing him to fall down. Now at his side, he was in a position where it would be easy for him to kick me. I easily read his kick, and blocked it by punching him in the shin, doing an intimidating amount of damage from the forceful collision.  I kicked him in the chest with my right foot, sending him away from me. The timer ran out with me being the victor.

I won several more matches with equal untouchability, when I had a brief exchange with one of my opponents.

Opponent: "Tomato, where'd you learn those moves?"

Me:  "I've watched The Matrix."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: May 26, 2014, 06:49:03 pm »

How do you even stop from falling over after doing anything.
I only ever have brief and unsatisfying struggles before someone hits the floor.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: May 26, 2014, 09:28:45 pm »

I only ever have brief and unsatisfying struggles before someone hits the floor.
I'm usually jumping around. If I fall backwards, I do a handstand and kick with my legs. Still, I have found that it is useful to make sure that you're at least leaning towards your opponent a little before you make a particularly fast strike. That way, if you fall forwards, you can at least use it to your advantage by extending your hips to jump forwards.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: May 26, 2014, 09:35:51 pm »

I killed a guy with a bow and a spear to death only using a club, then I chopped him up into little bits for eating, I received no injuries. c:

UnReal World
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: May 26, 2014, 09:41:46 pm »

I'm usually jumping around. If I fall backwards, I do a handstand and kick with my legs. Still, I have found that it is useful to make sure that you're at least leaning towards your opponent a little before you make a particularly fast strike. That way, if you fall forwards, you can at least use it to your advantage by extending your hips to jump forwards.
Man. My first ever online match, I did a frontflip over my opponent and kicked them face first into the ground from above.
However, I have not been able to do anything to win a match ever since.
It's so tough. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: May 26, 2014, 10:54:59 pm »

A lot of people say that. I kinda flail around and try to grab them. Then hope I can get them to the ground with me on top, usually with wriggling my hips and glutes, which obviously never works.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: May 26, 2014, 11:00:12 pm »

I think I need to get Toribash. This shit sounds pretty amazing.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: May 26, 2014, 11:03:34 pm »

It's more fun to watch Toribash videos than actually playing it if you ask me.

That shit is hard.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: May 26, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »

I play mods like MISERY for fun. Hard isn't a problem.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: May 26, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »

Toribash has this problem though, since if you don't learn after you get a high belt you'll get wrecked by all the skilled QWOP maniacs.

blazing glory

« Reply #2639 on: May 26, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »

It's more fun to watch Toribash videos than actually playing it if you ask me.

That shit is hard.

It's not too hard,once you learn about what contracting and expanding certain parts does you get moderatly better.

Though that tutorial robot is tougher then most players in my experience.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 709