Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292920 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2655 on: May 27, 2014, 02:53:19 am »

How does war profiteering work?  When I try to sell ships to people they usually give me a negligible amount of credits in return.
From what I can tell, it gives you a percentage of the warring factions' economies.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: May 27, 2014, 05:30:06 am »

Bay12 Bash Squad?
Toady One as the leader.

More seriously, I would be happy to save up my TC and make this a clan.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: May 27, 2014, 07:30:21 am »

I came to the conclusion that I am very very garbage and should just uninstall. 
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. 

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: May 27, 2014, 08:01:22 am »

I came to the conclusion that I am very very garbage and should just uninstall. 
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
Exactly. Pretty much everyone, myself included, is terrible at Toribash when they first start playing it. It took MUCH longer than two days for me to become good. Shook's one of our own, and he's a legend over there, but that's because he's been playing for 7 years or something like that.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: May 27, 2014, 09:23:59 am »

Outside of the occasional playing, I haven't touched Toribash in a few years. Which sucks, because now I get dominated by everyone around my belt level (and plenty of people below it). My current computer being kind of trashy doesn't help, either. I'd be down to try to get back into it, though.

----------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I've gone through every single combat challenge map in Arkham City again, scoring at least 10,000 to 30,000 points higher than before on all of them. What do you know, mastering blade takedown timing and redirecting more than countering really does help!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: May 28, 2014, 10:04:10 am »

just beat the flagship for the first time! Even better was that I beat the  last stage with one health remaining. I ended the run on the red tail with max shields 48% evasion flak 1 chain laser hull missile basic laser 1 and a defense drone 2. Awesome run. I finished the first phase with only 3 hull damage but I was down to about 7 bars after the second and thought their was no way im going to make this but my crew pulled through (with only 4 losses too)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: also beat a 2nd dan black belt last night in toribash. Im a white belt.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: May 28, 2014, 12:28:43 pm »

Outside of the occasional playing, I haven't touched Toribash in a few years. Which sucks, because now I get dominated by everyone around my belt level (and plenty of people below it). My current computer being kind of trashy doesn't help, either. I'd be down to try to get back into it, though.

----------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I've gone through every single combat challenge map in Arkham City again, scoring at least 10,000 to 30,000 points higher than before on all of them. What do you know, mastering blade takedown timing and redirecting more than countering really does help!

If you want to score a ton of points, beatdown everyone in the map (aka stun them and punch them a lot).  You can counter and keep doing the beatdown; it'll get you more points, but more importantly it will shoot your multiplier through the roof.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: May 28, 2014, 12:46:48 pm »

This guy. Somehow he made it through the whole game despite me dragging it out a bit to research everything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: May 28, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »

i think that before playing multiplayer in toribash you should make sure you can beat the shit out of uke first.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:26:41 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: May 28, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »

This guy. Somehow he made it through the whole game despite me dragging it out a bit to research everything.

Man. Props. I beat the Base Assault recently, and I have some seriously hardcore security guards. I had a one guard get shot by a mechtoid, survive, and on the next turn, kill it in sweet sweet revenge. Seriously. Dude was a badass.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: May 28, 2014, 04:31:27 pm »

Hope that was Long War.  In LW the living security guards join your team.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: May 28, 2014, 05:42:03 pm »

Alas, it was vanilla. Sadly. I still have no idea how the guy survived, because it showed a cutscene, but the dude didn't die. He had one health left, but he was still alive.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

blazing glory

« Reply #2667 on: May 28, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »

i think that before playing multiplayer in toribash you should make sure you can beat the shit out of uke first.

Nah,I'm sorta good semi-decent at the game but Uke still pounds me to pieces.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2668 on: May 28, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »

Fighting Uke doesn't translate whatsoever to fighting another person.

blazing glory

« Reply #2669 on: May 28, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »

Fighting Uke doesn't translate whatsoever to fighting another person.

True,Uke doesn't adapt,he just shoots off a fancy move and that's it,if you manage to avoid it then he's done.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 709