Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289413 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2685 on: June 01, 2014, 03:36:56 pm »

Aaaaand boom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I fell asleep while it was going, and when I woke up, I accidentally clicked, which made the high scores screen go away, so I had to get a successful launch before I could screenshot the scores.

0rbitalis is a game where you have planets and stars and you try to make a satellite orbit within the star system for a certain amount of time.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2686 on: June 01, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »

Very well done. You have a ton of patience to wait it out.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 01, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »

Patience? Nah, I fell asleep and checked it in the morning :P

EDIT: Got my second boss kill of this run: Quelaag. Yep, I went straight from Firelink to Blighttown, and rang the bell.

Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:27:24 pm by Mego »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: June 02, 2014, 10:45:41 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: June 03, 2014, 12:05:26 am »

Me and a friend are leapfrogging more or less through the entirety of Dark souls.  I'm human waiting near the first bonfire of the catacombs.  I'm currently a gravelord(going for darkwraith, but that sword is nice) and right when I spot the summon sign for my friend I get invaded by a guy with too many X's at the start of his name.

I see him at the end of the hall, I used to invade around here so I know the spawn.  But so far all the invasions I've done and times I have been invaded recently were against people completely overgeared.  I see him he sees me.  I hit my friend's summon sign and the time it took me to hit yes on the summon gave him time to finish the spawn animation, but he started applying an enchant to his weapon.  A mistake.

I sprint towards him, I'm medium weight thanks to havel's ring and catch him with a jumping power attack with the gravelord sword, taking off a respectable chunk of health right as he's finishing the animation.  We circle for a few seconds and I hear my friend being summoned.  And I somehow, probably half luck, predict the invader feeling he needs to end the fight, switch to my holy broadsword and take a bait swing.  And he falls for it, I recover from the faster swing just in time to parry and riposte his attempted counter, ending the fight with my starting sword. 

My friend gets there in time to 'well what is it?' over the corpse.  Unfortunately since I neglected to slot that particular emote I just shrug.

When we were doing my friend's turn to be human down by pinwheel, he came across a summon sign and summoned them, it turned out to be the same invader and we jolly cooperation-ed our way to beating the game's easiest boss.

Dark Souls 1
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: June 03, 2014, 01:19:33 am »

Pinwheel is the game's easiest boss?  ...I'd believe it.

Kind of sad, its a cool fight.  Then again the area he's in is fucking annoying so I wouldn't want have to keep slogging my way to him.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2691 on: June 03, 2014, 01:26:05 am »

Pinwheel is the game's easiest boss?  ...I'd believe it.
Absolutely. At least the first Taurus Demon can get you once in a while in NG+ while you're trying to keep the rhythm going on the drop attacks.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:46:06 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 03, 2014, 02:27:29 am »

I successfully landed a plane in Just Cause 2!

Well, mostly successfully. I got it on the ground, and on its wheels. So what if I had to dive out before it rolled over the edge of that cliff? It didn't explode, is what matters.

I choose to define "own" in my way.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2693 on: June 03, 2014, 02:46:55 am »

I successfully landed a plane in Just Cause 2!

Well, mostly successfully. I got it on the ground, and on its wheels. So what if I had to dive out before it rolled over the edge of that cliff? It didn't explode, is what matters.

I choose to define "own" in my way.
Parachuting is so much fun, I never even thought about trying to land the thing! Funny! :p

blazing glory

« Reply #2694 on: June 03, 2014, 02:49:22 am »

Parachuting is so much fun, I never even thought about trying to land the thing! Funny! :p

G

Recluse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: June 03, 2014, 11:15:04 am »

I got the Space Camp achievement in Team Fortress 2. Only 4% of all Team Fortress 2 players have that achievement and I got it with Scout - a class I'm absolutely terrible at - so I guess that's kind of good.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2696 on: June 03, 2014, 12:37:00 pm »

G
Wot?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 03, 2014, 12:46:41 pm »

I've gotten into the RNG exploitation groove, consistently being able to get Felyne Explorer, heading out to Hunting the Hunter (P7 Zinogre quest), mining and grabbing everything I can (always getting 3 enduring charms!!), and then blowing myself to death. I'm getting closer and closer to RNG 767. Pellet Up +5 Attack -5 OO charm, I'm coming for you!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Charm Table Action

e: oh my god I just got only 7 away from what I wanted it's true what they say charm sniping destroys your soul
ee: well I just got only 3 away from what I wanted.. twice in a row.... help my soul is being destroyed
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:48:25 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

blazing glory

« Reply #2698 on: June 03, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »

G
Wot?

I don't know how that got there,I don't remember making that post.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2699 on: June 03, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »

G
Wot?
I don't know how that got there,I don't remember making that post.
Ghost post.

D:
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 709