Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289381 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2910 on: July 16, 2014, 08:22:55 pm »

It's a bullet hell that generates the level based on whatever song you plug into it. :3

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:09 pm »

That sounds neat. I'll have to look that up! :3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 17, 2014, 01:16:58 am »

I beat Master Difficulty. Onwards to Grand Master!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: July 17, 2014, 05:15:28 am »

w/o manual or lockon aim.
So how did you aim?
Or are you implying that you didn't aim at all and it was a lucky shot?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 17, 2014, 10:59:52 am »

Got attacked from the side that I had no real cover on in Rimworld - the only defense I had in that direction was a fortified sniper turret, a ruin wall, and some rubble.

Managed to fight off a raid of like 22 with my 8 dudes in spite of this, with only one person even getting incapped.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2915 on: July 17, 2014, 01:42:17 pm »

Fifteen druids.

I found out what <everything> is weak to! Point-blank annihilation. Alternatively known as lightning bolt.

Heroes of Might and Magic V.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2916 on: July 17, 2014, 01:51:13 pm »

w/o manual or lockon aim.
So how did you aim?
Or are you implying that you didn't aim at all and it was a lucky shot?
He means he didn't push a button to aim (locking on/using the targeting reticle). He just eyeballed it while using the normal camera.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2917 on: July 17, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »

Managed to beat RedRunRPS in less than 10 minutes on Impossible difficulty. Climbing this level ████ing sucks!!!!

That means:
-1 walljump per-wall (corners and opposing walls come handy for some serious walljumping action; only way to really ascend)
-Mid-air redirection is much less forgiving.
-No mid-air jumping (which can be mistaken as a second-chance walljump)
-Regular gravity (About a little higher than you can really jump IRL; and that includes walljumps. ...Yeah.)
-Regular acceleration (however, an acceleration bug can still be used to your advantage (Bunny-hopping, basically, is a valid tactic); albeit, your chances only suck that much less. They still suck.)
-In summary: This is a platforming nightmare, with ninja-parkour from Hell, which may require lessons from other videogames that involve walljumping (Think of being Samus in Super Metroid with the first time you MUST walljump to get where you need to go (Spring Ball upgrade, I think it was). Ugh. Now make that a 1st-person ordeal.).
-Did I forget to mention that this is a rather tall level? Not the highest/tallest, but it still requires some climbing effort, and long jumps (150 km/s minimum, to be safe-ish on your jumping, with maybe a walljump to add some extra distance; 50-50 chance of success, depending on your aim/trajectory and reflexes to jump further and/or catch yourself on the other platform if you JUST short it.).

InMomentum

A rather under-rated game here. 3D-Platforming at it's finest. I hope it eventually becomes Oculus Rift-compatible. That would be awesome.

EDIT:
Since the game operates on Unreal Engine 3, I think it would come standard with OR; naturally, post-update.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:36:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 17, 2014, 05:40:04 pm »

Playing the Floris mod for Mount & Blade:Warband. Running my own faction, only have Dhirim and Ergellon castle, so all holdings are crucial. Bitter war with the Swadians is raging, it's all I can do to ride back and forth along the front, regularly charging into battle with 2-1 odds or worse, only winning because every last soldier I have is a war hardened bastard. The news comes: Dhirim is under siege. Race back, recruiting at every location on the way, dumping items and slower units for just a few points of travel speed - the best soldier can't help if he doesn't arrive to the fight. There are roughly 1100 Swadian soldiers on hand, maybe 500 of them are low tier levees that don't matter, the rest are good enough to go man to man against my forces, a good 100 are very high tier units that I will personally need to engage. My garrison plus my force numbers 350. I fully expect to lose every last one of my men, see my capitol looted, and my nation dissolved. But I fight anyways, and the battle goes surprisingly well. Over the span of four hours, the first wave comes and is repulsed, the enemy losing some 200 of their fodder, my forces taking no deaths but suffering some 30 men too wounded to fight. A reprieve of a half day. Another wave. 150 of theirs for 40 of ours. Their better units are coming in now, and we have already reached the tipping point. Another reprieve. Third wave. Reprieve. Fourth wave. They still number nearly 400, and we number 100, but their men are fresh while ours are battered and in low spirits. And then, during what I thought would be the final reprieve, the last gasp of a dying dream, in rides 2200 Sarranid soldiers, hell bent on wrecking Swadian shit and willing to attack the siege camps for what I assume to be "the lulz". I rode out and joined them in their attack, and managed to capture the Swadian king for it. I don't know how to end this story. I guess now I regroup, build numbers, and pre-empt any more sieges.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 17, 2014, 11:26:07 pm »

So, a random army just waltzed along, obliterated the enemy, and kept moving? Nice.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:38 pm »

So, a random army just waltzed along, obliterated the enemy, and kept moving? Nice.

Guess you were saved by Swadian war mongering.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 18, 2014, 03:03:16 am »

Two blessings of Balor on my Itzli's Handblade that has spirit of the hoarder naturally.  Two rooms back to back with golden grunts in them, and playing on Midas in general.  Got to fight Ascended Hanuman and wrecked his face.

Ascendant.  It's a really fun game if you're into rogue-likes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2922 on: July 18, 2014, 01:36:58 pm »

The Haven faction seems really underpowered. I'm not sure how being able to spend gold to upgrade units (Training) compares to being able to spend a couple more levels and annihilate entire armies in one turn (Avenger, Sylvan). As a result of this, I roundly defeated my brother.

Heroes of Might and Magic V.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 18, 2014, 03:51:12 pm »

594 kills - You have unlocked blind survival mode!

Next game:
554 kills- You have unlocked No Luca No mode!

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: July 18, 2014, 06:56:23 pm »

Killed full platoon of spetznaz (40 of them) with a zippo. The proceeded to murder their expensive MI 8s with stingers.

Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 709