Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292483 times)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3345 on: October 20, 2014, 06:53:15 pm »

New high score (attrition): 158-21-9-34-4

Titanfall
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 20, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »

... with Morgan Freeman.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Huh?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 20, 2014, 08:24:14 pm »

... with Morgan Freeman.
Huh?
Mii fighter.
Black lives matter.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 20, 2014, 08:32:35 pm »

...Oh, right. ANYone can be a fighter now.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 20, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »

I think that's the best thing to have been added to the game, aside from Omega Stages.

...we should probably just get a thread for this.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 20, 2014, 09:53:45 pm »

The Cyan Menace

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:17 pm »

Haha fuk u High Overseer Campbell, enjoy being a heretic for the rest of your life

(Took the nonlethal option in Dishonored's High Overseer Campbell mission.)
Black lives matter.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:37 pm »

Chrysallid killed my favorite soldier; it actually moved me to tears. I proceeded to use the sole survivor of that mission to make it pay.

I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 21, 2014, 11:28:59 pm »

Was running a terror mission in a country that was in full on panic. Squad had deployed into a building and were mostly not on overwatch due to distance moved after taking out a Chrysallid that had parked itself next to the Assault trooper with Close and Personal (makes your first attack within 4 tiles not cost an action).

Cue two groups of three Chrysallids running into the room, in addition to the one I know for sure is hanging out on the balcony above. Five make for my troops on being spotted, but fall just short on their movement, while one runs into the shadows behind some stairs. Then the one on the balcony runs over and hops down, directly into the line of fire of my Sniper, who was in overwatch, had the Sentinel skill (gets two shots on overwatch), and was armed with a plasma sniper rifle. One shot, one kill. Immediately thereafter, another Chrysallid that I didn't know about follows an identical path, taking even more damage from the plasma rifle. I cheer and go to take my turn.

First, my MEC trooper fires a grenade at the pack of four Chrysallids that had bunched up. Not enough to kill any of them, but puts them all at 3 HP. Then I realize that not only do I have two Assault troopers with Close and Personal on the mission, one's already close enough to get the free shot and has a 100% hit chance. One down. Move the other Assault trooper up, take another 100% shot. Two down. Move the first guy closer and finish his turn with another 100% shot. Three down. Last guy takes one more shot without moving - only a 97% chance of hitting, but he doesn't let that slow him down. Pack's demolished, but I know there's that one behind the stairs. Move my remaining Assault trooper (yup, I brought three) around the corner and take an easy 100% shot to finish it off as well.

Two on their turn and five on my turn left me feeling really pumped. Finished up that mission with only two out of eighteen civilians killed by the aliens and not a single injury sustained. All of Asia was taken from the brink of panic and returned to a stable point.

WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 22, 2014, 01:44:17 am »

Yes! I killed a room full of dogs! After cheesing the aggro mechanics to break them up into more manageable chunks. Forget cosmic horrors, it's dogs that are the real monsters.
Also later I killed 3 demons which required precision to like 1/4 of a second to pull off.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 22, 2014, 07:42:21 am »

Yes! I killed a room full of dogs! After cheesing the aggro mechanics to break them up into more manageable chunks. Forget cosmic horrors, it's dogs that are the real monsters.
Also later I killed 3 demons which required precision to like 1/4 of a second to pull off.

Overwhelm spam? Only thing you can really do to save yourself is swap to a healer if you've got one and focus heals on the overwhelmed member. Overwhelm is probably the single most broken skill in the game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:49 am »

Crushing things with a Machine Flail with a Luminous Amethyst s fun. Hard because the thing is so damn heavy and occasionally disrupts the screen by opening a singularity, but fun.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 22, 2014, 03:36:46 pm »

Decided to take on a small fleet of pirates and noticed that I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  I'm in a single wolf class frigate, vs 2 pirate hound frigates and a pirate Sunder class Destroyer.

I can outrun the sunder easily but the two hounds are built for speed and almost nothing else.  After considering just a flat out retreat and hoping they don't pursue I come up with a plan and engage head on, full speed. 

I raise my shields and blitz one of the hounds.  In a straight up fight a wolf will beat a hound any day of the week, and wow does it show.  I run straight at it with my shields up and unload.  The hound doesn't have shields and I wreck it pretty badly from the front, then use the wolf's short range teleporter to get behind it and use laser surgery to remove the hound's engines. Then take off again when the sunder and other hound catch up.  Casually targeting the crippled hound and firing off a couple missiles as I go.  Boom.  One down. If there was a textbook I think that would be in it.

The other hound knows better than to go after me by itself and stays near the sunder.  But the hound is pretty quickly picked off.  I'm far more maneuverable than the sunder, and can take potshots at the unshielded hound before the sunder can properly turn and apply it's melt your face lasers. 2 Down.

The sunder however presents a problem.  It's shield and flux regen are too strong, I don't do damage, all I can do with all my guns firing is nullify it's flux regen.  But I'm in a ship that can teleport, and the sunder shield has a tiny little blind spot in the back.  So I charge it like I did the first hound, and my shields can take the Sunder's hardpoint guns just long enough for me to teleport behind it and apply laser enemas.  After a couple runs of this, I eventually flameout the sunder's engines lower my shields and unload.  3 down.

Woo!  Victory! more loot than I can carry, and 10k credits in bounty reward from the nearby independent colonies.

Starsector.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3358 on: October 22, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »

^^Wolf-class + dual antimatter blasters = tub buster, especially against enemies who don't have full shields. They can pop frigates in a single volley too if you're a particularly good shot!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3359 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:43 pm »

Wolf's are incredible  beginner ship.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 709