Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292794 times)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3465 on: November 11, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »

Kicked fuckin' ass on Carnival of Carnage as spy with a bit of Heavying.

Fuck yes.

It's TF2, but meteors are fun.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:08:41 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: November 11, 2014, 07:26:24 pm »

On a whim, my brother and me bought and downloaded Hyrule Warriors, even though we both agree it is NOT a LoZelda game and does NOT fit into the franchise or timeline, and that it is a fanfic instead.

Spent most of yesterday and today playing it together.

I just felled two Gohmas at once, literally at once because I lured them next to each other, shot both their eyes at once to make them vulnerable, and then did one of those amazing AoE magic-attacks. This killed one of them outright and triggered the weak spot attack on the other, which killed it.

Booyah, mission complete, lots of materials!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: November 11, 2014, 08:34:25 pm »

Now get yourself the DLC, which include superbosses that make Grima look like babby. (Specifically, my post-endgame units can one attack round kill C23 Grima, but struggle with Future Past Grima, and are hopelessly outclassed by the Apotheosis final boss.)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: November 11, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

Now get yourself the DLC, which include superbosses that make Grima look like babby. (Specifically, my post-endgame units can one attack round kill C23 Grima, but struggle with Future Past Grima, and are hopelessly outclassed by the Apotheosis final boss.)
What, do you think I have infinite money? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: November 11, 2014, 09:03:41 pm »

B-but.

You're a wizard! Magic up some money, heretic!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: November 11, 2014, 09:06:10 pm »

Dude, have you been grinding at all? Bet you're still like level ten or something. Probably just bluffing about the meteo--

* flameboy99 gets meteor'd.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: November 11, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »

Dude, have you been grinding at all? Bet you're still like level ten or something. Probably just bluffing about the meteo--
Considering I lost half the army until I pulled my crap together around Chapter 8, I had to grind.

It's just I had to grind EXPonential Growth, which is basically an army of almost unarmed high-experience-yield Risen with no items other than claws and talons.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: November 11, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »

Considering I lost half the army until I pulled my crap together around Chapter 8, I had to grind.

It's just I had to grind EXPonential Growth, which is basically an army of almost unarmed high-experience-yield Risen with no items other than claws and talons.

I think that he might have been referring to the fact that you don't have infinite money to buy DLCs. As in, you're not grinding enough IRL.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: November 11, 2014, 09:28:13 pm »

I think that he might have been referring to the fact that you don't have infinite money to buy DLCs. As in, you're not grinding enough IRL.
D'oh!

* Tawarochir facepalms

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: November 12, 2014, 12:15:05 pm »

Paying a round of aikido, I spent some time wrestling with some guy with us both standing up trying to push each other out of the ring, when I eventually got the upper hand and lifted him up off the ground, with a firm grip on his upper body. His wrist dismembered, and he was left with no grip on me, so I let go, but I could tell he wasn't going out of the ring when he landed. So I lowered my knees with my face and chest pointed downward, and my arms in the air behind me.

I sprang up into the air and gave him an extremely fast uppercut in the base of the neck, decapitating him. At the same time, I contracted my knees and hips, and while still in the air, I used my legs to kick his body away, and I landed standing on my hands.

I said GG after the round ended but he disconnected anyway.

I need to change my skin to something way more menacing.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #3476 on: November 12, 2014, 12:15:05 pm »

Wow. I... uh, I actually... beat the flagship?

I honestly didn't expect that. I was running my new love called Red-Tail but I was worried about the perceived lack of suppressive fire or rather the damage output as whole. One basic laser from starting setup and mark I & II burst lasers + mark II hull laser. Ideally, I would want another burst, maybe even two to replace my hull laser. All mark II of course. But as it turned out... stage 2 flagship that utterly raped me on all other encounters was surprisingly easy. Well, I say easy, it was still a bit numb-chewing but I managed. And 3rd stage wasn't that hard either, couple of my crew members got dangerously low during initial teleport but I kept pounding them with my lasers and... wow.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3477 on: November 12, 2014, 12:50:37 pm »

That's.. eight shots, if I'm remembering right? Which isn't ideal, sure, but is by no means insufficient. That gives you at least one shot hitting every volley, unless you're really unlucky, and one shot or more per volley lets you wear down the shields until you're landing more hits, and then life is much easier.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #3478 on: November 12, 2014, 01:02:01 pm »

I'm not sure but 8 sounds about right, yeah. I dunno, maybe I was just lucky? I do have a feeling like my shots were hitting a lot more than expected. What I also did is always wait till all my weapons were fully loaded and then shoot a full volley always at the same target (weapons with missiles as priority first stage, then drones + missiles 2nd and missiles + teleport + laser 3rd). Also, that augmentation that let's you shoot immediately out of FTL? Weapon pre-charge or something? I'm guessing that helped too, even if just at the very start of each round.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3479 on: November 12, 2014, 01:03:28 pm »

Weapon pre-igniter is beast on the Red Tail. Full volley at the same target would be my choice in that situation as well, always at the missiles first. Did you have no boarders?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 709