Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292574 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3630 on: December 16, 2014, 04:39:12 am »

Forget Absorb. I remember that Confusion was devastating to Pewter Gym's pokemon, since they all had abysmal Special/Special Defense and you got it at level 10.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: December 16, 2014, 08:59:02 am »

I don't think my Butterfree ever got Absorb, but Confusion did dominate.

I've since dropped Butterfree for Oddish. Another status-bomb with better advantages against a few more Gym Leaders. Handled Misty's Staryu well.

By the way, is there anything in the water around the SS Anne(the infamous truck) in FireRed?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 16, 2014, 10:46:19 am »

The truck is indeed there.

Also Butterfree doesn't get absorb - Beautifly does.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: December 16, 2014, 10:52:17 am »

I don't think my Butterfree ever got Absorb, but Confusion did dominate.

I've since dropped Butterfree for Oddish. Another status-bomb with better advantages against a few more Gym Leaders. Handled Misty's Staryu well.

By the way, is there anything in the water around the SS Anne(the infamous truck) in FireRed?
Not in the water, no.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: December 16, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »

In a small town, got my main character elected Bailiff and his wife elected Magistrate, after bribing and sweet-talking the (extraordinarily popular) mayor, thus getting both incumbents kicked out of the council.  Next day (/year), got my Magistrate wife elected as mayor, since the only person now eligible to vote was my main character.

The town has now grown, as has its council, and I am consolidating my power.  I am already a Free Citizen and own a cathedral along with a weaponsmith and a weaver's shop.  When my son comes of age I'll track down a pretty, roguish young lady for him to marry and start snapping up those pubs and raider camps.  The world will be mine.  Oh yes.  It will be mine.

Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #3635 on: December 16, 2014, 05:27:58 pm »

The "Filthy Five," a squadron in War Thunder composed of me and four of my gaming buddies invented the "PBJ sandwich."
For those who do not know, a lot of War Thunder players are pretentious dicks when it comes to flight-stick-only "Simulator Battles," and prefer to play as "realistic" of a battle as possible. The PBJ sandwich consists of two pilots each flying a PBJ-1H naval bomber after loudly announcing their presence in the server chat. The two pilots approach an enemy bomber, and both pilots ram the enemy, one from above, one from below (thus the sandwich part of the name), usually killing them instantly and causing them to launch into a rage tornado in chat, which the five of us find absolutely hysterical.
Regards,
Dampe

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: December 16, 2014, 05:53:04 pm »

A Vore spawned in a secret area. First, secret areas are supposed to be safe; second, HOLY SHIT VORE IN A TINY SPACE.

The Vore spawned three bombs before I killed it. I somehow manage to dodge them, escape the secret area, and lure the bombs into killing zombies. Two of the bombs didn't even hurt me, and the third one was absorbed by the Megahealth I got in the secret area. That is the only time I've come out ahead after an encounter with a Vore.

Quake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: December 18, 2014, 01:35:10 am »

Playing a summoner necro in the really early game. Approximately level 12, been pumping points into skellies aside from some curses, got level 9 in summon skeletons. Recently bought a cheap wand that gave +3 to skeleton mastery, buffing the strength of my skeleton horde significantly.

Long story short, one of my skeletons punched an elite fire enchanted fallen demon in the face once and the thing exploded into giblets. Hella satisfying.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: December 18, 2014, 06:36:06 am »

Playing a summoner necro in the really early game. Approximately level 12, been pumping points into skellies aside from some curses, got level 9 in summon skeletons. Recently bought a cheap wand that gave +3 to skeleton mastery, buffing the strength of my skeleton horde significantly.

Long story short, one of my skeletons punched an elite fire enchanted fallen demon in the face once and the thing exploded into giblets. Hella satisfying.

._.
You're going to have trouble in Act II, buddy. :-X
As in...um, without spoiling it: Brittle bones be brittle bones.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: December 18, 2014, 06:53:24 am »

._.
You're going to have trouble in Act II, buddy. :-X
As in...um, without spoiling it: Brittle bones be brittle bones.

Diablo gon' be a fun fight as well.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: December 18, 2014, 09:14:17 am »

I'm not a total Diablo 2 scrub, I know. I already got a poison nova/summoner necro to hell difficulty. And before that I got a pure bonemancer to hell difficulty, albeit that was a year or two ago. Never beat hell so far, getting good gear for that is too much of a farm for single player mode.

Yeah, I figured there'd be nothing to do for Duriel or Diablo in Normal mode except constantly using town portals to leave and restock on skeletons. At least for Diablo I'll have decrepify.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3641 on: December 18, 2014, 05:18:09 pm »

A Vore spawned in a secret area. First, secret areas are supposed to be safe; second, HOLY SHIT VORE IN A TINY SPACE.

The Vore spawned three bombs before I killed it. I somehow manage to dodge them, escape the secret area, and lure the bombs into killing zombies. Two of the bombs didn't even hurt me, and the third one was absorbed by the Megahealth I got in the secret area. That is the only time I've come out ahead after an encounter with a Vore.

Quake.
I had a similar experience. In EP2, I had a Vore appear out of nowhere in the main hall, and I was equipped with a super shotgun. I deliberately 1-on-1'd it point-blank, with no powerups nor using the enhanced ammo (which is basically just extra ammo with extra punch, with how I spent it), circling around it's shots in the open space within meters of it like I was in Sounddodger with those followers, and shooting it every pass. By the end, the Vore was dead, and I had 4-6 shots still following me (contact with them would be death-assured), and I managed to lure them, while they were mere feet to meters away, into a wall, and not get hurt one bit by any of the fight. This was also on Hard difficulty.

Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity

Needless to say, I was laughing like a maniac at how badass that was. I wish Steam broadcasting was compatible with my OS by then, because that would've been awesome to watch. I think I was also listing to a random dissonant song track (like Deadmau5 (probably same instrumental song as link playing as it happened)) while it happened, adding to the insanity.

EDIT:
Not the first time I was suggested to play the original music. I have best memories playing it with dissonant music. How I've played it since eons ago.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:29:23 am by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3642 on: December 19, 2014, 05:55:01 pm »

First time flying since eons, in a helicopter (Robinson R22 Beta II), around town (my town), at night (3 hours from now, so to speak, if I got the settings correct. Gotta recalibrate it.). No crashes, overspeed once or twice, and quickly resolved it, and landed it at night, in an appropriate spot (kudos to town landmarks and the Flight Control Tower for the local airport, and recognizing it immediately; I knew where to park, since I visited that airfield IRL), and parked it.

Total flight hours: 0.3

Haven't learned how to flight plan yet (FAA would have my hide for that; not to mention any other airman), but damn, was it fun to fly a chopper again. Wait until I break out my T-65 X-Wing or V-22 Osprey.

It was peaceful, I was calm the whole time, got lost in the next town (couldn't tell if it was █████████ or ███████ I got lost in), only to regain some bearings and find my way back to the airport, headed to the proper town, found my house (relatively speaking, given the mess proc-gen makes) from the airport, flew past it, went to the national park area and turned around from there, up and down the beach, and made a return trip to the airport. I landed flawlessly. No violent bumps or anything.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (Includes Acceleration Pack)

After I get more flight hours in, I wanna try a Red Bull Air Race. Using a flight stick again makes all the difference. Flying at night with the lights off certainly adds to the experience. The hat switch on the top of the stick for virtual cockpit helps with piloting these things.

EDIT:
Upped the realism settings to be less forgiving, and allow for crashing. Did it again (but didn't get lost this time), another 0.3 (0.6 total) hours logged; and this time, with some flight music, and a hell of a view of my town from my house at 4000ft. Glided myself back to the airport, and landed safely again. No harm done to my chopper. I'll tackle much less forgiving realism (and probably less fuel, for a duration challenge, limit my flight time and economize my resources; give me something to keep track of) a later time. The first landing also got me a medal (in-game achievement; non-Steam). A flight plan from one airport to another, and back, would also be a good one to have.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:50:38 am by Itnetlolor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: December 20, 2014, 12:47:28 am »

Needless to say, I was laughing like a maniac at how badass that was. I wish Steam broadcasting was compatible with my OS by then, because that would've been awesome to watch. I think I was also listing to a random dissonant song track (like Deadmau5 (probably same instrumental song as link playing as it happened)) while it happened, adding to the insanity.

If you bought Quake, Q2 or any of the mission packs on Steam, you're missing out; the music is missing from the Steam versions even though it's a relatively easy fix. What you need to do for Q1 is download an image of the music CD, then mount it in DOSBOX using imgmount. I have mine set up so that it does this all via the autoexec section in a custom configuration file. The game is vastly improved.

I have a CD version of Quake 2 so I have the music anyway, but Steam users should be able to get the music just by mounting an iso in MagicDisc or something. However, I have never found a workaround that makes the music loop in Q2; once a track ends, the music is gone until the level is reloaded.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: December 21, 2014, 01:25:13 am »

So, I have found (in order of acquisition) A damaged Machete, Thin metal wire, two pristine double barrel Rifles and a box of ammo of some kind.
I had to leave one of them behind and I am way too frightened to continue playing, but that is a bigger haul in like 10 minutes than I have ever had in any game.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 709