Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289452 times)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3720 on: January 07, 2015, 09:28:43 am »

Game: Shadow of Mordor
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:32:14 am by 94dima94 »
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: January 07, 2015, 09:33:32 am »

Timed my airblasts just right to reflect a sollies rockets as he fired them, I killed him twice that way.
He ragequit because of my skillreflects 8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: January 07, 2015, 11:43:06 am »

Skeletron thought he was all big and badass, until I showed up at his front door in full Molten gear, with assistance from an Intense Slime Rod.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: January 07, 2015, 12:18:15 pm »

Doom II + Doom RPG + Roguelike Arsenal + Roguelike Enemies.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It's amazing what they did with this engine.
O.O  Is there a single link?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: January 07, 2015, 12:52:12 pm »

Republic of China started the III World War by firing on NATO civilian shipping on Earth - Io colony route.

30 seconds after the confirmation about the attack entire NATO space defence net opens fire on Chinese navy orbiting the Earth, reducing it ( in less than a 2 minutes ) to the bunch of burned out husks and vast net of lifepods. Beside the 12 people killed onboard the civilian ship, no one get killed and only 2 of the OWP recieved any damage easily absorbed by armour.
PROTIP for AI : never start a war when all you have are missile ships at point blank range of an enemy with shitload of railguns, gauss cannons and mesons.

Sniper sentry ( in cowboy hat no less ) with Lee Enfield rifle and security turret vs 3 tribal savages with spears. One headshot and one turret salvo later - one savage dead, one dying and one fleeing.
Dead savage got chopped up by the Doc and his meat is going to serve as an emergency food source, the other one will be a walking organ donor.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:57:30 pm by Lossmar »
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: January 07, 2015, 03:03:03 pm »

After starting over due to Support-related reasons, I was back in the Arena fighting Marth. I had teamed Sumia up with my Avatar, and the two lured Marth into attack range. I knew Sumia could take the hit and survive to deliver two counterstrikes because I had crunched the numbers.

Marth attacked and left Sumia with just 2 HP, as expected. She launched her first counterattack, followed by a bolt of Thunder from the Avatar. Sumia countered once more, and the Avatar launched a second attack which defeated Marth. Sumia followed up this epic moment of teamwork with a perfect (all stats increased) level.

Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: January 07, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »

You started over? How come?

Other-gender supports?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: January 07, 2015, 06:01:05 pm »

No, nothing like that. I had wanted to get Chrom and Olivia together, but I didn't know at the time that if Chrom has a single support rank with any of his other potential spouses it becomes impossible for the two to hook up. Since he did indeed have those support ranks, my only choices were to either deliberately kill off the other ladies or start over.

At least starting over seems to have been the correct choice so far. Fewer disappointing levels this time around, and my better understanding of the Team Up and support systems means that I'm breezing though the early chapters.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: January 07, 2015, 06:24:06 pm »

Spoiler: Instructions (click to show/hide)

Now to remain relevant:

I took on a "Nighmare" level mission to "Kill Reinforcements" since the reward was a mid-level shield body part. So I accepted the mission and took the teleporter to the gantlet (level 4).

So apparently, "Kill Reinforcements" have you kill a certain amount of extra enemies in a level. What the game failed to mention was that said extra enemies would be periodically spawned near you, including RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU WHEN YOU START THE LEVEL.

Thankfully, the stage had a lot of space to maneuver in. I run n' gunned, as all sorts of horrors spawned around me. Volacubus (Mancubus with jets for legs that fire bfg shots), Heavy Revenants (Their "boop-boop-beep SCREE!" sound as they lock-on and fire their missiles tickles me.), Mechtres (Mechanical Spectres), just to name a few.

I had to kill 103 of them.

At the very end, there were 3 enemies left. An Agony Elemental (Spawns pain elementals and has two lost soul shooters that fire very quickly, splits into pain elementals on death), a Cyberdemon (Regular), and a Nightmare Archvile (Summons cyber versions of enemies, resurrects enemies, immune to explosion damage, attacks with a massive flame pillar).

I tagged the nightmare archvile with Church's Null Pointer (Which does no damage, but stunlocks) and used it as a shield to avoid the cyberdemon's missiles while I emptied several clips on the agony elemental and its cronies; re-tagging the archvile as needed. After it was dealt with, I looked back and saw that the archvile and cyberdemon were infighting. Of course, since Cyberdemons only have missiles and Nightmare archviles are immune to explosion damage, I just watched as the cyberdemon was roasted to death.

I then punched the archvile to death, as I was wearing Gothic armor + boots, which massively increases punch damage as a set bonus.

Note: There are three additional difficulty levels above "Nightmare".
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:26:59 pm by Blaze »

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: January 07, 2015, 06:30:43 pm »

No, nothing like that. I had wanted to get Chrom and Olivia together, but I didn't know at the time that if Chrom has a single support rank with any of his other potential spouses it becomes impossible for the two to hook up. Since he did indeed have those support ranks, my only choices were to either deliberately kill off the other ladies or start over.

At least starting over seems to have been the correct choice so far. Fewer disappointing levels this time around, and my better understanding of the Team Up and support systems means that I'm breezing though the early chapters.

Chrom x Olivia is probs the best.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: January 07, 2015, 09:21:44 pm »

The best thing that happens is if he has 0 support points with ANY eligible female, in which case he marries a random village girl. This is pretty bad for getting good stats on Lucina.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: January 07, 2015, 10:02:46 pm »

The best thing that happens is if he has 0 support points with ANY eligible female, in which case he marries a random village girl. This is pretty bad for getting good stats on Lucina.
Yeah, what you need to do is grind Risen encounters with the other three until they get married to other people. Then Chrom marries Olivia, assuming she doesn't die during Chapter 11.

EDIT: Speaking of FE...

I FINALLY BEAT CHAPTER 11

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:19:36 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: January 08, 2015, 10:57:53 pm »

Joe had 29 cities.  Suliman had 31.
  Joe went for steel/rifling.  Suli went for democracy.
    Joe had the Jewish headquarters.  Suliman had Christian and Hindu Quarters, and converted to Jew.
      Suli had (and I shit you not) 2x the gold production as me.  He also marginally edged me out in hammers.  I did, however, skip sci-meth because I had AP, lighthouse, and several other juicy early-mid game stuff.

I spent over 100 turns taking every city of his, while endearing myself to the world powers (alexander, Suryman, Qin, Hayua, Stalin, Haty).
    Stalin is dying, Haty is dead, and Qin is a fly in my ointment, paid by somebody to war me with 85% my force and no combustion.
      Alex's power is roughly parallel mine, factoring ai bonuses.  He has 15 less cities than I do.  Sury is friendly, Alex is pleased, and hayua is please.  Im lined up to win, if I can recover my newly acquired land and turtl-ish.  I have 35% of the world in my hands, and 6 of us remain of 11.
''
  CIV w/kmod

Spoiler: Instructions (click to show/hide)
thanks
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: January 09, 2015, 12:37:58 am »

I FINALLY BEAT CHAPTER 11

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just so you know there is a guide dang it character in chapter 15. You have to stand on a certain square with one of two characters to unlock him, else he won't ever join your team (you can do it by accident like I did my first time, but the chance is like 0).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: January 09, 2015, 12:40:41 am »

To be fair, it's the desert level of a FE game. Those are always guide dang it levels.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 709