Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289401 times)

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3750 on: January 11, 2015, 09:04:52 pm »

The game had just started. Our starting area wound up being pelted with enemy rifle fire. My buddies suppress the other team enough for me to move into a spot of cover about 10 feet away. I switched hands to shoot lefty, and after two shots my rifle locked up. As I was taking enemy fire with a jammed gun in my hands, I was predictably pissed off. I decide, "Fuck this shit," whip out my sidearm, started taking potshots with that, and heard someone shout "HIT" after I had fired 3 or 4 shots.

And then someone else shot me. On the flip side, though, I still managed to take somebody out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: January 11, 2015, 09:53:05 pm »

Managed to flip over a radiator and make toast on it. The hard part was escaping the bathroom cabinet and making a ridiculous leap - completely by accident - all the way from the swinging door onto the hair dryer.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: January 11, 2015, 10:31:46 pm »

Managed to flip over a radiator and make toast on it. The hard part was escaping the bathroom cabinet and making a ridiculous leap - completely by accident - all the way from the swinging door onto the hair dryer.
For some reason I really thought this was going to be one of those where the game is "real life" (because this to ally sounds like something a college kid or a crazy DF player would do). Took me about 15 seconds to get the image of you leaping across your bathroom out of my head. XD
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3753 on: January 11, 2015, 11:08:27 pm »

The game had just started. Our starting area wound up being pelted with enemy rifle fire. My buddies suppress the other team enough for me to move into a spot of cover about 10 feet away. I switched hands to shoot lefty, and after two shots my rifle locked up. As I was taking enemy fire with a jammed gun in my hands, I was predictably pissed off. I decide, "Fuck this shit," whip out my sidearm, started taking potshots with that, and heard someone shout "HIT" after I had fired 3 or 4 shots.

And then someone else shot me. On the flip side, though, I still managed to take somebody out.

I had an IRL own myself some time back. Maybe a good decade or so back.

Back when I was paintballing with my brothers and his (my older brother's) friends, I was under suppressing fire, and decided to do the *smart* thing and run out of cover for new better cover. Amazingly, I dodged the bullets whizzing by me, and dove into the nearby pit (this took place in the woods, not an arena). As I was ducking for cover, someone from the other team jumped into the same pit as me (considering me an open target, I would assume; also because I made for an easy target at the time since it was my first paintball game; though second match for the day), turned towards me and asked if I was shot. Knowing they weren't out of the game, and I had little time to react, I responded by aiming my gun at them and pelting them with a barrage of shots, hoping one of them would hit (the barrel had a round explode at the end of the muzzle, so my aim was screwy from the get-go). I managed to get a kill on them before they took me out in their last moments.

It hurt like hell being shot at near-point-blank like that (I think I took a full burst-fire to the waist), but it was worth it for the point. Thank goodness we didn't play Ironman (You're out when you fall to the ground; speaking of which, a secondary own, I didn't pass out after taking a shot to the shoulder and the thigh immediately after during the first round. But holy hell, did it hurt. And I have a pretty high pain threshold too. As my brother commented, it was like watching a mook get shot down in a movie.).

Real Life, Paintball
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:17:00 pm by Itnetlolor »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: January 11, 2015, 11:58:50 pm »

At the end of a long night of SSBing, my friends decided to 1v1 me (with me as Bowser).  First one went Marth, I take him apart and finish him off with a needless kamikaze grab for style points.  Second friend is probably better than me but we were having a disagreement as to whether Palutena is good, so he picked her.  Died 3 times to my 1.  I liked her character in Kid Icarus but good in SSB she is not.

Then the third friend decided he'd get in on it.  He usually randoms but he decides to pick Diddy Kong.  Now, Diddy Kong has a lot of horizontal moves, and this is on Final Destination with no items.  He has a particularly annoying running grab that I have basically no answer to, and running dash with a generous hitbox that he gets me with if I try to dodge.  The whole fight, I'm just feeling how bad I'm getting wrecked.  Fortunately he kills himself by accident one time.  In the end its down to me at 124%, him at 68%, both at one stock.  I dodge past him in midair and surprise him with a backwards double spin kick that knocks him way off the edge.  He falls down to the lower left corner, starts loading up his jetpack... meanwhile I calmly walk up, pick up his own banana, and hit him square on the head with it from across the map.  His jetpack flies off and explodes as he falls to his death.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: January 12, 2015, 01:06:39 am »

At the end of a long night of SSBing, my friends decided to 1v1 me (with me as Bowser).  First one went Marth, I take him apart and finish him off with a needless kamikaze grab for style points.  Second friend is probably better than me but we were having a disagreement as to whether Palutena is good, so he picked her.  Died 3 times to my 1.  I liked her character in Kid Icarus but good in SSB she is not.
Strangely enough Eventhubs.com ranks Palutena as a mid tier (25 out of 48) character, well above Bowser (43 out of 48).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: January 12, 2015, 02:16:03 am »

Strangely enough Eventhubs.com ranks Palutena as a mid tier (25 out of 48) character, well above Bowser (43 out of 48).

....Bowser low tier?

hahahaha

Also she's not terrible, she's just unwieldy, and depends on her customs to do well.

The other odd thing about that list is how much higher Marth is than Lucina, considering they're identical except for sweetspots and sourspots, and a few of Marth's moves functioning very slightly differently.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:21:18 am by Reudh »

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: January 12, 2015, 05:00:40 pm »

Real Life, Paintball
That reminds me of my first and only game of Paintball. I was running for the flag, headshot an enemy splattering paint all over their visor, grabbed the flag and ran in slow motion with bullets flying by, one right by my ear and a second one scratching my suit. Won the game!
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: January 12, 2015, 08:42:50 pm »

Got the dead boy achievement (take no damage on Dark Room/The Chest) in The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. As it would happen, a metric fuckton of damage ups, ludivico technique, the holy mantle, coal and guppy is INSANELY overpowered. Oh, and when I fought dead baby I just used a chaos card.

I got Mommy's Boy, which is the same but on the Womb/Utero. Holy Mantle is insanely good.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:01 pm »

Molotov + school + most of the zombies in town = win.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: January 13, 2015, 12:37:06 am »

Didn't die, not even once[Which is a first for me]. And harvested approximately a bajillion units of tomatoes and synthflesh and mailed them to the chef. Even though he was in brig the entire game because he was an asshole. AAND made it to the escape shuttle[Also a first for me].

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: January 13, 2015, 01:10:35 am »

I got the satisfying feeling one gets when they drop 50 nukes on a guy without Ecology (thus cant scrub fallout)and then take Egypts lands back for his Jewish HRE.

And to make it even better, I nuked his friends too, and sent my spies (which are my personal strong point) to keep flipping their religion and turn their civics so the ai freaks out about losing their favorite economies and has to waste time changing back.

Rather anticlimatic, though.  He couldnt work most of his tiles and he became a vast semipopulated continent.  But, I did stop global warming by murdering 20% of the human race!  \o/

CIV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: January 13, 2015, 01:17:16 am »

Haha, almost nobody took any noteable damage durning Chapter Three. Except for the Avatar and Stahl, but Stahl wasn't in any danger and I healed up the Avatar, so it's all good.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:08:58 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3763 on: January 13, 2015, 02:17:52 am »

I managed to get an ultra-kill against my godlike custom bots on godlike difficulty during the first 10 minutes. And after apparently 45 minutes of pure fragging (didn't realize I had it set to limitless), I placed 4th, out of 9, in DM-Morbias-II; Flak Arena Mutator, 25 kills behind 1st place (Having close to 205 kills, I think). I died the most (260 deaths), but I wasn't doing half-bad overall. I could have had a screenshot for proof, but the game wasn't much a fan of Steam's screenshot function. Oddly enough, the results fell somewhat into my expectations.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:47:37 am by Itnetlolor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3764 on: January 13, 2015, 03:08:49 am »

Running out of ships? Build another three docks! Enemy developing naval advantage? Weight some ships with coins and ram 'em! Enemy attempting to invade? Torpedo the troop transports! Team mate struggling to overwhelm their defensive position? Make eight aircraft carriers! Docks hit by missiles? Indiscriminately shell military emplacements with battleships!

I love playing Dutch. The economic advantage can be huge.

Rise of Nations.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 709