Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292684 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4440 on: May 20, 2015, 11:02:52 am »

Not me, not even a player character doing the owning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: May 21, 2015, 05:17:39 pm »

Managed to evolve several species of arctic pig-seals.

Species ARLE, game is fun.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: May 22, 2015, 10:37:47 pm »

A certain attorney just got my entire vandal squad off for several hundred counts of vandalism.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: May 23, 2015, 09:16:31 am »

It turns out, that if you spec them right, mages are nigh-invulnerable and better tanks than the actual tanks, and do more damage than the DPS.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: May 23, 2015, 09:34:47 am »

Managed to walk from Bostok to Jueno to Windurst on foot, as a lv 12 red mage by myself, without dying with only online maps to guide me after I left Bastok territory.  I had reraise on me but didn't end up needing it.

Today's goal after work will be Bastok to San d'Oria.  Hopefully this will be easier.

Final Fantasy XI
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: May 23, 2015, 10:15:00 am »

Too many clutch potion-uses at 1 HP.  The dungeon got me and Blackrose a good few levels, so I think it was worth it. (though I did die once and had to look up how to tell my party members to revive me XD)

.Hack//Infection

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 23, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »

I finally got a 100% crash free Skyrim...after hundreds of hours and so much years of trying lol.

Can zoom around super fast at fast timescale to all the heavy intensive areas, it will freeze and go to 0 fps for a bit...but no crashes at all :D

Regular playing works great too, except I use graphics too much for my GPU (ENB+1/2k parallax textures and some other stuff. I get 20-30 FPS lol. So my FPS is pretty bad, especially near cities where it is 10-20. But the game looks great :P

And finally, no more reinstalling skyrim :D A complete crash free game. Even with some heavy script mods in there, and other intensive mods
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: May 23, 2015, 10:09:16 pm »

Karl Fimple just seduced a woman.

Karl Fimple is a dog.

This game just turned from a lighthearted at some times and dark at others political game into a farcical comedy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: May 23, 2015, 10:30:16 pm »

Accidentally attracted the attention of an Outsider while I was trying to rearrange my rookies to not get their faces melted off. Normally Outsiders are a pushover, but in Long War they have 10 HP, are stupidly accurate, regenerate each round and can routinely one-shot just about any of your men when you're still fairly low in the ranks.

Yet I managed to take this bastard out without a single scratch and my three rookies made a good showing of themselves.

XCOM Enemy Within, Long War version.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: May 23, 2015, 10:54:09 pm »

I finally got a script in Skyrim to work and now I'm all giddy.

Basically, what I did was make it so weapon swings would butcher corpses. At the same time, it would transfer all that corpse's contents directly into your inventory, bypassing the annoying looting screen.

Oh, and it would turn those corpses that clutter up the landscape into items. So when you hit a giant corpse with it, it would destroy the corpse and leave behind some generic leather (from the clothes) and a pair of toes. When you hit a spriggan, it would leave behind a taproot, some spriggan sap, and firewood. And when you hit a daedra, you'd get a daedra heart and a pair of ebony ingots.

For humanoid NPCs, you'd get 4 pieces of human flesh, a human heart, and one bonemeal. (Even when it's used on orcs or argonians but eh).

I still haven't figured out how to integrate it with hunterborn and maybe make it so it transfers corpse items into some lesser-power-accessible container so I don't have to worry about burden, but I'm happy with it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: May 23, 2015, 11:36:23 pm »

Silly Blaze.  The answer to corpse clutter isnt removing the corpses, but finding ways to increase the corpse density.  So instead of a plain having a corpse every ten to fifteen feet, you have one every three to four feet.  Otherwise how do you have a true battlefield?
Rest of the script sounds pretty neat though.  As much as I love looting, after a while it can become a bit of a chore.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: May 23, 2015, 11:42:11 pm »

Silly Blaze.  The answer to corpse clutter isnt removing the corpses, but finding ways to increase the corpse density.  So instead of a plain having a corpse every ten to fifteen feet, you have one every three to four feet.  Otherwise how do you have a true battlefield?
Rest of the script sounds pretty neat though.  As much as I love looting, after a while it can become a bit of a chore.

Hmmmm, that honestly might be an amazing idea for a mod Lightning. Perhaps not even for Skyrim where the corpse count is so low. A mod that would turn dead npcs in to non-movable world objects, and sets them to slowly decay over time. That would be pretty neat, and make for really awesome battlefields.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: May 23, 2015, 11:48:19 pm »

Made it to the mountains. Still not orbit, but enough of a new biome to earn enough Science to research the Science Lab. If only I had more Rockomax parts to go with it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: May 24, 2015, 12:05:21 am »

Silly Blaze.  The answer to corpse clutter isnt removing the corpses, but finding ways to increase the corpse density.  So instead of a plain having a corpse every ten to fifteen feet, you have one every three to four feet.

OBIS + Bandit Patrols, Populated Roads and Paths, Immersive Patrols, Extra Encounters, Random Encounters Reborn, Realistic Animals and Behaviors, Prides of Skyrim, Wild Horses of Skyrim + Horses Gone Wild, Deadly Dragons, Horsemen (NPCs can spawn with horses), 28-Days and a Bit Zombie Apocalypse, Draugnarok.

Also, Solid Corpses, my camp is surrounded by a wall of various corpses.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: May 24, 2015, 11:46:21 am »

Spoiler: I built a castle. (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 709