Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292537 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4620 on: June 22, 2015, 06:10:04 am »

Bought the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth from the summer sale. Used to kill dead time by watching NL playing the first version of the game. Boot it up, figure I'll play a game before I go to bed.

Beat mom on my first try. Psionics for dummies use item, two all stats up, the battery, Bob's head, Leo... Don't remember anything else.

I did this with Vanilla BoI. The first two runs I had, I won with. It was kind of disappointing. XD
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: June 22, 2015, 01:43:16 pm »

I got insurgency a few days ago, and haven't been as giddy about a game in a loong time. After lots of practice, me and a friend actually beat one of the coop modes with only one other person. That game's fucking brutal, but I love it.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: June 22, 2015, 02:38:59 pm »

I assassinated Rush Limbaugh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: June 25, 2015, 12:04:37 pm »

I decided to give Brutal Doom a go and after getting to the second level of Doom 1, throwing a grenade into a small window and after the resulting explosion sent a torso flying out to land at my feet, well... I had to play through the rest of Doom 1 and 2.

Apparently not satisfied with that bout of FPS I have also made my way through Heretic, completing the main 3 episodes for the first time. Playing through with GZDoom does make things a little easy with enemies not able to keep up with my circle strafing skills but apparently the developers of Heretic decided to make episode 4 consist of nothing but gauntlet runs. The number of times I've pressed a button, only to be greated by either ~3 Iron Liches, 1 Maulotaur, 15+ Disciples/Sabreclaws/Gargoyles is getting just a little tiresome. Still enjoyable though.

Brutal Doom mod on GZDoom and Heretic on GZDoom.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: June 25, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »

So I'm playing tournament mode and I'm doing the Assault challenges. After a first failed attempt doing the High Speed map I go "fuck it, let's cheese it".
So I drop out of the heli, grab the antigrav boots (which give 4 jumps iirc) and jump to grab my trusty ol Flak cannon along with a keg of health. Drop down back to the wagon, run forward, jump the toxic sludge one, avoiding the first defenders, clear the gap to the second one, tank the damage from the auto turret (thanks keg of health) and get to the second one, clear the gap there too, by this point I'm out of jumps on the boots and I have two wagons to reach the front end of the train, but I decide to risk it anyways and try jumping the gap again, and I clear it, same for the last one. Drop down, no defenders have been expecting me here this early so I just run inside, and activate the two panels while dodging the auto turret on the ceiling.
Attack completed in some 20 seconds, this means that I had to defend for some 20 seconds too, which was retardedly easy because I just had to gun down a couple of people on the first wagon before the timer ran out.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:52 am »

FINALLY beat the Skullgirls final boss. It literally took me 40 minutes, just that battle.

The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: June 26, 2015, 06:13:12 am »

FINALLY beat the Skullgirls final boss. It literally took me 40 minutes, just that battle.

While it is a pretty annoying battle, there are patterns. Those long skull projectiles that hit multiple times? Double or high jump over them. Don't spend longer in the air than you have to, to prevent the long skull coming from above. Alternatively, just hold block instead of pressing it - you still take sizable chip damage, but it's better than a chunk of your health.

As to the shadows, there are tells. In the second and third phase, there's a slight windup when you're at close range, followed by the shadow quickly jabbing. It must be blocked high, but if you're a character with good mobility not in the middle of an attack you should be able to see it and avoid it.

The other shadow summon things all must be blocked standing up - they hit high, so blocking low will miss. The ones that come from directly above can be avoided quite easily, but they have long active frames, so don't dash back into them while they're still there.

Lastly, the spammy projectile skulls can be taken out by most projectiles. Cerebella can reflect them, though more often than not she still takes the hit, as the spammy skull projectiles have two hurtboxes - the initial projectile, and a tiny explosion a frame or two after the skull contacts.

My qualifications: I've beaten Marie on Nightmare difficulty, where she has 300% of normal health and flinches significantly less.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: June 26, 2015, 12:26:32 pm »

Marie is annoying. On Normal or Hard difficulty you can make her flinch and give you free time to punish, and apply more flinching. How you can make her flinch depends on the character. Also, always be blocking when you aren't attacking. I only do standing blocks against Marie.

Once you beat her as many times as you want to, you can always just pause and exit the game after that. GG Marie, no re.

My qualifications: Got my shit rekt by Marie countless times before I finally got gud enough and understood the game controls well enough to beat her.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: June 26, 2015, 02:33:01 pm »

Happened a little while ago, but it's the best I've got for now.
Had nobody better to deploy on a bomb disposal mission, so I sent a team of five rooks and one SHIV to do it. Even though Thin Mints are significantly less one-hit-killable, especially with five rooks using ballistics, I did it without a casualty.
XCOM - Enemy Unknown (+ Long War mod)
(I'm doing another bomb disposal, but without the SHIV this time. Hopefully luck and strategy hold for me again.)
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: June 26, 2015, 03:15:50 pm »

I eventually got double-teamed by bb and  I Tis Robot, with bb spiking me as I Tis got me in a corner. I didn't die and I eventually returned to spike I Tis, knocking him off the leaderboard while not quite killing him.

Agar.io
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: June 26, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »

That's still really small compared to some I've seen :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: June 27, 2015, 12:10:14 am »

That's still really small compared to some I've seen :P

I've gotten over 3000 on that. :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: June 27, 2015, 02:05:51 am »

My score ticker just seems to stop counting sometimes. Do you have to eat things relatively close to your size to gain points? Or does food stop giving points after a while?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: June 27, 2015, 03:23:42 am »

Your score is your largest total mass, so if you lose mass it won't go down, but it'll stop going up for a while.
However, you also lose mass constantly, the bigger you get the faster you lose mass, so you really have to keep eating.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: June 27, 2015, 10:56:28 am »

Agar.io

And this is how I lost my last 2 hours... thank you anyway, I had no idea what that was, I just saw some weird picture.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 709