Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292717 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4740 on: August 07, 2015, 11:59:14 pm »

Yes, I mentioned that part. :P
Black lives matter.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: August 08, 2015, 01:54:08 am »

I thought you were referring to miniboss type enemies, nevermind.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: August 08, 2015, 02:04:34 am »

Oh man I'm with you there. I've beaten TP repeatedly and once did the Second Cave of Ordeals without using the magic armor--there's nothing left for me in that game--but I still fire it up now and then to go all Mortal Draw on the Lizalfos in northern Hyrule Field, just because of that little animation.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sagal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: August 08, 2015, 03:30:04 am »

Sunk 7 ships with torpedoes and didn't even die. Got to love those Japanese DDs, over 8k exp too (first win)

World of Warships

Pic of the glorious aftermath
http://imgur.com/GE71lNP

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: August 08, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »

Signing up for the Japanese PSO2 as an English player.  Managed to beat the Japanese Captcha boss on only the second try.

たふあこあ  <- I have no idea what that means but it clearly spells victory.   It took me forever to match up that second letter.   Seriously how do even native Japanese do those.  It's overlaying scribbles on top of slightly more meaningful scribbles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:40:34 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: August 08, 2015, 08:41:06 pm »

Ye gods but that thing was annoying. Kudos to you for getting it right away o_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: August 10, 2015, 10:59:02 am »

Invading Krakow, the battle that essentially started WWII. I set up my force with two rifle companies(one converted ad hoc into a mechanized unit), a Pioneer company, a few sections of tanks, a few armored car platoons, and a couple of halftrack platoons(used for the above mechanized infantry), along with the assorted variety of mortars, howitzers, etc, plus several bomber groups.

The bombers start the battle, taking out some of their men(including one tank), and generally sowing chaos among the Polish. Split my mechanized forces in half, pushed them towards two clusters of victory hexes, one on the north, the other south. The north objective was taken first, but my armored cars became engaged with the Polish armor immediately afterwards. The southern objective ran into a large group of Polish infantry and Uhlans. Horses versus armored cars and halftracks? That went as well as expected.

In the north, despite initial losses of armor, my armored cars eventually crushed the Poles' tanks. (I looked it up in the game encyclopedia, my armored cars were known to have a weakness against those particular Polish vehicles, hah.) Turned out that was all of their armor force.

In the south, I used the speed of my armored cars and halftracks to flank and encircle the Polish. Their troops were quickly driven into a panic, running to and fro into walls of fire on either side. The only real difficulty so far was their ridiculous number of 81mm mortars. I lost more armor throughout the battle to those mortars than anything else(except possibly the game interpreting a fire order as a move order).

After taking the north objective, I moved that mechanized company to the north-east objective - the last victory hexes left. The only problem, it looked like the entirety of what was left of their army was either standing on it, or standing in front of it. Worse, they kept throwing down smoke field after smoke field, meaning I had to drive in to close range to fire, leaving my armor vulnerable to hand grenades(actually very dangerous), and my infantry(now starting to catch up) to ambush.

Then I get a lucky break - well not so much as lucky as expedient; I was still crushing them - I spot their A0 unit between my force and the objective. It takes another turn or two to destroy it, but it pays off - destroying their HQ unit(always designated A0) causes a constant and recurring suppression penalty to their entire army. It took a couple of more turns(and more casualties) to force their remnants off the victory hexes, but that finished the battle - victory for Germany.

Admittedly, I thought I lost more vehicles than I did:
PzKpfw-35(t): 4 - armored car
PzKpfw-IIc:   5 +1 that was abandoned - light tank
SdKfz 251/HT: 8 - halftrack

Total Losses - according to the score page:

Germany  /  Poland
Men: 94  /    1093
Art:  0  /      20
APC:  5  /       0 (they had none)
AFV:  8  /      18 (all they had)

Not sure why there's a difference - maybe because I looked at the unit list for destroyed units for the first count, which might count abandoned vehicles whose crews were subsequently killed(the Polish had a thing for that) as "destroyed".

Score:
Germany:  12522, Decisive Victory
Poland:    2324, Crushing Defeat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: August 10, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »

Conquered the galaxy, steamrolled the majority of rebel scum planets. The remainder I took with overwhelming force, artillery, and abusing my bombers. Sholas was one such world. I actually had an AT-AT somehow get stuck, couldnt move. Spent half the battle just standing there, in the middle of the route the rest of my units were moving along, and also facing the wrong way. Used AT-STs like infantry, since infantry take automatic damage from the heat on that world.
For some reason they kept trying to sneak tiny forces onto Rhyloth to harass my one barracks there. Never did reinforce those guys, but hey, the twi'leks did just as much rebel killing or more. I really only had to set up some turrets.
Most of the action took place in space. Most of my defeats did as well. Just from the rebels employing MK-II frigates, marauders, corvettes, swarms and swarms of A-wings, and always including Home-One. Ackbar found a lot of traps, incidentally. Must have blown him up a dozen times. They almost always attacked the least-defended worlds on the border. I should have spent more on space stations and garrisoned more cruisers. But once I employed those cruisers in force, they basically fell like dominoes.
Oh, and I blew up Endor when they took it from me. Couldn't handle the counter-invasion fleet, though. Fuck those Ewoks. Hope they like their forested asteroid field!

(Star Wars: Empire at War Gold edition)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: August 10, 2015, 02:34:24 pm »

Wait, are you saying the AI rebels managed to take out the death star?  I'm impressed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: August 10, 2015, 07:45:19 pm »

What? No. I employed it to blow up the ewoks. They sent the same fleet to attack Atzerri, where I parked it over their base, repeatedly, but never managed to destroy it. They're pretty dumb, yeah.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: August 10, 2015, 11:11:49 pm »

What? No. I employed it to blow up the ewoks.
I think you just fulfilled the fantasy of some star wars nerds somewhere.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: August 10, 2015, 11:14:18 pm »

Everything you do fulfills someone's fantasy, up to and including pointing this fact out.

*raises eyebrows*
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sagal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: August 11, 2015, 03:16:53 am »

Admittedly, I thought I lost more vehicles than I did:
PzKpfw-35(t): 4 - armored car
PzKpfw-IIc:   5 +1 that was abandoned - light tank
SdKfz 251/HT: 8 - halftrack

Isn't PzKpfw-35(t) a czech tank and not an armored car :P
And how in the hell did you manage to fight that big battle? I get bored like half way if there are more than 1-2 companies per side, oh and do you use fast artillery?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: August 11, 2015, 07:08:08 am »

Everything you do fulfills someone's fantasy, up to and including pointing this fact out.

*raises eyebrows*
D-don't judge me!
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: August 11, 2015, 06:52:00 pm »

Actual ownage, double post aside.

I enter the base with five packs of C4, a useless silenced rifle, a tranquilizer pistol with about twenty-something(?) shots, and three AA guns to blow up.
I leave the base with no C4, a recoil-less rifle missing three shots, four AA guns and one APC down, and no kills.
I'm reasonably certain I would have S-ranked it if I didn't rely heavily on Reflex..

MGSV: GZ
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 709