Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292902 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4845 on: September 01, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »

Not to continue the derail but I have also caught multiple legendaries with normal pokeballs (or "special" pokeballs used outside their niche making them only as effective as a normal pokeball) It's just a matter of forgetting to stock up before the battle and only having the big stack of 100 normals remaining.

Have a good enough wall, a legendary with enough pp to not start struggling on turn 21, no way to self ko, and being forgetful enough to not restock great or ultra balls when you need to and you'll find you catch quite a few legendaries with standard.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: September 01, 2015, 02:01:02 pm »

Not to continue the derail but I have also caught multiple legendaries with normal pokeballs (or "special" pokeballs used outside their niche making them only as effective as a normal pokeball) It's just a matter of forgetting to stock up before the battle and only having the big stack of 100 normals remaining.

Have a good enough wall, a legendary with enough pp to not start struggling on turn 21, no way to self ko, and being forgetful enough to not restock great or ultra balls when you need to and you'll find you catch quite a few legendaries with standard.
Or because they're the most cost-effective option to stack, if you're skimping on money for whatever reason.  Ultra Balls are twice as effective for six times the cost, Dusk Balls are a bit better but not quite par, and the Quick Ball may be five times as effective for five times the cost, but only if you use it in the first turn.  As long as you don't actually use 99 Pokeballs, they're the best option.  And if not, you can always keep others in reserve. ^_^

((That's why I go for style over catch rate, personally, unless I'm feeling lazy.  Premier Balls. :3))

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: September 01, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »

What made that Moltres awesome was that I caught it on the first turn with a pokeball, not after I weakened it. Haven't been able to replicate that since, even if I have caught many other legendaries after weakening them with pokeballs.

I was playing Planetside again, as teh light assault. Two seperate instances of me being awesome-
The first time I was helping with a large assault on a tower. In the initial assault, I did a bit of skirmishing in the hills, taking out more then ten infiltrators and engineers while only dying twice. Once the main force got to the tower itself, I was able to jump up to a small ledge overlooking one of the walkways above the entrance, giving me the perfect spot to fire down upon the defenders. I got three kills before they noticed I was there, and I was able to relocate to the other side of that platform to get several more kills. At that point several of them had respawned, and three light assaults came up at once to dig me out. Killed one,m but the other two came from behind. At that point I started to suck again, and our attack was never fully able to breach the outer walls.
The Second time, a member of my platoon brought a galaxy to the battle. I was initially in another squad, and I finished taking one of those small outpost in the desert. At that point, however, a shit ton of armor starting attacking us, so I switched to the squad with the galaxy. I equipped the drifter pack, and was able to blow up a tank in almost each attack run, jumping from several hundred meters away. Eventually started to run low on nanites, so I had to just start killing the engineers supporting the tanks. That didn't work out nearly as well.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4848 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
tl;dr:

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: September 01, 2015, 09:27:53 pm »

Operation Fallen God, a March 2nd landed transport on the river gorge map. My team took four or five nasty wounds, but I won and nobody died. (except for the twelve floaters, eight sectoids, eight chryssalids and six outsiders in the UFO).

Long War is love, Long War is life.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: September 01, 2015, 11:01:52 pm »

Somehow I managed to ascend to a higher plane at the beginning of the level. Quite literally. This was actually a good thing, since it meant that I was almost invulnerable from all of the bullets, enemies and bombs flying about below me. Though not trees, apparently. So all I had to do was avoid the trees, turning a gruelling, marathon run into a walk in the park. And then I almost died to the boss, after a cutscene reset my position.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: September 01, 2015, 11:23:15 pm »

Managed to avoid being boiled alive, thanks to prior knowledge.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:52 am »

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4853 on: September 02, 2015, 06:14:11 am »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: September 04, 2015, 05:14:01 pm »

I equipped the base jumper. I equipped the sticky jumper.
Then I equipped the Bringer of Crits, Destroyer of Ears, the Holy Frying Pan.

I was the second-highest scoring player on my team.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: September 05, 2015, 05:47:37 pm »

Watched a friendly Stryker forced to back away from the intersection, as the armored vehicle that it was fighting rolled up to take its place. Right. In. My. Sights. A direct hit, dead center to the side armor with a SMAW rocket. Good-bye.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: September 09, 2015, 01:30:02 am »

YESSSS

Grandmaster Mode completed. My poor finger can finally take a rest.

One Finger Death Punch
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: September 11, 2015, 08:12:44 pm »

Led three heavies into the enemy base, where the controller was. Unfortunately, their jetpacks could not lift them up a small shaft roughly twice their individual heights. So, I simply had all three fire at once against the wall. Three assault rifles tore through concrete and dirt better than a Pulse Digger(which can't cut concrete anyhow). If I can't climb the shaft, I shall shoot myself a ramp.

Too bad the first guy would have died of bloodloss had the battle not ended with the destruction of the enemy.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: September 11, 2015, 08:17:15 pm »

Beat Chapter Five. Hard, Classic.

Take that, former noobishness at Fire Emblem.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: September 12, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »

I AM LIGHTNING, THE RAIN TRANSFORMED
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 709