Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292699 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5025 on: October 19, 2015, 09:59:21 am »

Had a mission to steal a heavy lifter chopper from a military depot. After several tries going through the front entrance resulting in getting shot a lot from about a dozen and a half soldiers with assault rifles, I took an alternate path in.

I flew a small prop plane, intending to (crash-)land onto the roof. Although I got shot down by an unexpected SAM, I landed exactly where I wanted to on the roof with nearly half my body armor intact. There were only four goons on the roof The plane killed one of them, I killed another, and took out the other two using the mounted minigun which I also shot down two Hunters that came in as well.

The rest of the mission was a cakewalk with my piloting skills.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: October 19, 2015, 01:16:16 pm »

Defending a city with two units of militia and five units of armed citizenry against three units of line infantry, one unit of ranged cavalry, and one unit of artillery (six pound foot, I think).  Listed as being a highly improbable battle for me to win, due to the low skill and morale of my units as compared to the enemy's.  And yet I still won the battle, with the scariest part being attempting to eliminate the enemy artillery without my forces breaking and running.

Granted, I was helped by the AI's stupidity (I generally keep the AI on easy, at least for now, until I learn better strategies).  They attacked head-on against what appeared to be just my two militia units hidden behind barricades to protect them from artillery fire, only to learn that all of my armed citizenry was hidden in the woods behind those militia units.  I routed the cavalry with surprise overwhelming firepower and, when their line infantry attempted to engage in melee combat, they learned why having superior numbers of guns can make up for lack of skilled units, particularly at close range.

Now do it on Very Hard. Battle AI is pretty much always terrible.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: October 20, 2015, 05:05:52 pm »

Screwing around with the weapons, finding one I like best.

Tried out the Dual Swords.

I think I'm in love, given that I crushed the Nerscylla in a matter of minutes with these things.
Gunlance FTW. Get better internet so we can chop up monsters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: October 21, 2015, 10:29:16 am »

Hacked some base turrets for no reason other than to deny them to the enemy, then a while later there's two lightnings harassing our sundie.
I get in the base turret and give some supporting fire to a vanguard which is also fighting them, and they dont even appear to notice me. Both the sundie and the vanguard died, but I got them both c:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: October 21, 2015, 06:38:17 pm »

Ran a cop off the road. And shot a couple hundred other cops and gangsters along the way.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: October 22, 2015, 12:11:28 pm »

While discussing terms of exchange for a couple of books, I summoned a Frost Atronach, and planted a double fireball on a boss, who went down in seconds.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: October 22, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

After getting all the mone in the vault, the vault doors swing open to reveal a surrounding wall of swat police.  Shields, tazers, the works.

No fear, for I have a flamethrower.  I just get in there, the flames going around the shields and melting cops down where ever I go.  Meanwhile the rest of the teams cleaning up and shoving money bags down a vent.  We get the two rooms outside the vault secured.

The vault area is connected to the bank proper via a long hallway, that's clogged with police, shields, and other ugliness.  I get my flamethrower reloaded and take point.  I'm literally just walking forward and shooting, never stopping nor slowing.  Everything in my path burns, they couldn't stop me.

We break out of our hold and make for the exit.  My flammer's dry so I switch to my smg to pop off snipers and the other stragglers in our path.  We escape via garbage truck.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: October 22, 2015, 11:17:13 pm »

I found out that Augmented Flame/Frost/Shock also affects weapon enchantments, and enchantment buffs are multiplicative with each other.

Enchanting at max + all relevant enchanting perks + 50% Hunterborn enchantment buff + 50% frost damage buff + 50% shock damage buff + potion buff =

The explosion is so powerful it can send enemies flying as if they were struck by giants.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: October 22, 2015, 11:21:33 pm »

I found out that Augmented Flame/Frost/Shock also affects weapon enchantments, and enchantment buffs are multiplicative with each other.

Enchanting at max + all relevant enchanting perks + 50% Hunterborn enchantment buff + 50% frost damage buff + 50% shock damage buff + potion buff =

The explosion is so powerful it can send enemies flying as if they were struck by giants.

Hory shet. What weapon did you enchant? Bow? Sword? Greathammer? Iron dagger? Pointy stick?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: October 22, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »

Hunterborn's bone bow. It's about as strong as an Ebony bow, but can't be tempered. The enchantment only triggers on hit, but that's not really a problem for a bow-centric character.

The ridiculously high bow damage is from Better Clothing Enchantments (Enchantments on clothing are 50% stronger) and Enchanting Freedom's (armor enchantments can go on any armor/weapon enchants on any weapons) and putting fortify archery on everything possible. I ended up dropping melee entirely because it's suicide playing on legendary with only the 300 armor from ebonyflesh with all enemy spawns boosted 5x (DFB/ExtraEncounter).

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:08 am »

I got the Orb of Zot with a non-mage character. This time cats is a Minotaur Fighter of Okawaru wielding a +9 Eveningstar of Crushing and decked out in absurd amounts of armour and toting a +8 Large Shield. Okawaru is actually pretty strong: The Heroism buff is better then it seemed at first and Finesse[Especially coupled with Haste or Berserk] turns you into a DPS machine capable of beating down the Royal Jelly in a matter of turns. It doesn't compare to level 9 spells like Fire Storm or Tornado, but I can still kick major ass. I do have a couple support spells and wands and rods and such, but the majority of my success is from repeated bludgeoning. Okawaru's GIFTS, though, suck. I've gotten two or maybe three useful gifts[To be fair, one of them was my eveningstar and another one was a demon whip randart that propelled me through the early and mid game] and the rest are junk. I mean, I'm getting ROBES. I don't want robes. In any case, the game isn't over. I've won once already and now I wanna try the extended endgame. I've got four runes + the Orb positioned for easy retrieval at the upstairs of Zot:5 and only eleven more runes left to go. I'll probably clear out the Crypt/Tomb with TSO to get piety up and then get the Abyssal Rune before tackling the Hells/Pandemonium. In any case, even if I later die ignominiously, I COULD have won at this point.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: October 23, 2015, 12:48:40 am »

Okawaru's gifts are mainly for ranged characters.  If you worship him, ammo stops being a concern.  Usually.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: October 23, 2015, 12:58:56 am »

+9 Eveningstar of Crushing

Ooooh, nice loot. Better dps with Oka than a demon whip, Oka's powers can let you swing the eveningstar faster than a demon whip when needed and due to its higher average damage and vorpal brand acting as a multiplier based on damage done, that's a solid weapon you got there. Holy would probably be better for extended. Getting holy would need you to switch to TSO and survive Oka's wrath though.

Oka is great for fighters, yeah. You don't get much utility like what other gods can offer but Oka's powers make you better at what you do best, which is beat the shit out of things.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: October 23, 2015, 08:30:19 am »

Cleared out all of the enemies in Broken Oar Grotto* with only a hunting bow, a potion of True Shot, a katana and a dagger of Static.
The katana is from Hothtrooper's Immersive Weapons, which is really great. The dagger is also great, since it does only a bit less damage than the katana, with a bonus of 5% damage to the target's Health and half that to Magicka. I'm not sure if Static means 5% of the dagger's hits' damage, or 5% of the target's total health at the time, but damn is it useful.
(Heavily Modded) Skyrim.

*the ones near/with Captain Hargar
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: October 23, 2015, 09:35:59 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 709