Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292524 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5745 on: April 02, 2016, 03:37:41 am »

Crossposting from Happy Thread:
Playing Rust on a new server. Raid some clan's shitty base, take their stuff. Highlight is 24 C4.

Several hours later, they and another clan that had been bothering us come to offline raid one of our bases. I happened to log on right as they were blasting through the walls, crept over, and got up to their raid... shack (ain't worth calling it a base, what with being 2x3 with ground floor windows) right as one of them unlocked the door. I relocked the door with a new code and killed all of them, solo, multiple times, as they kept teleporting back in with more gear. Two and a half chests full of armor, guns, and ammo. They sucked, in other words.

A few more hours go by (in which several clanmates taunt them in chat at length), then we start hearing explosions and spot a raid base going up. This time it's the original clan plus a mod and his buddy. Raidbase is going up at bgrade 4 (i.e. HQM armor). They blast through the external walls on my buddy's base, but we sweep around repeatedly fighting them and eventually make off with all of their explosives. After that, we used their C4 to blast into their raid base and kill them all. The loot included roughly 400 C4 and 120 rockets--I got an M249 and a pair of curious stacks, one of exactly 50k sulphur, the other of exactly 5k HQM.

That same group waits until they think we're offline, then come back again. Three of us were still on, and we wrecked them again, though it took longer and they partially breached the lower levels of the base. Notably, they were only away for half an hour or so, but somehow when we killed them we got another ~250 C4 in total. The claim that came when we accused the mod of spawning it in was one of the guys from the clan I originally raided saying, "Oh, we used mine this time," despite me having raided him and nabbed all his C4 and resources less than twelve hours earlier.

Then the mod goes into a tirade, ranting about how we need to use the C4 we looted "RIGHT NOW", and how we'd get banned if we didn't. I had the foresight to screencap it all. The server owner got on to check in with people a little while later, while we were leveling their raidbase, and we told her about it, at which point she checked the logs and asked for the screenshots. This is what I sent her:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The mod's pretty obvious, but for reference, the guy with the [Vape] clan tag is the one I raided originally, who claimed to have brought the second round of several hundred C4.

top fukin' kek m8s

Trash player status = rekt
Hypocritical maybe-abusing mod status = rekt

They got basically zero from us, nothing except the guns we took out to fight. We got close to a thousand combined rockets and C4 from them, plus chestloads of gear, hundreds of thousands of resources, and thousands of rounds of ammo. 15x gather and low pop makes scrubs soft. ^.^

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: April 02, 2016, 05:22:29 pm »

Asgore > Omega Flowey & The Four Horseman & The Seven Sins & two fallen angels & even more powerful Omega Flowey. As long as Asgore brought a Buy One Get One Free ticket that absolutely breaks the Soul Vessel he starts with, that is.

Pretty sure that's just a reskin, actually, not an upgrade.
Because Magdalene starts with a Yum Heart, which with the Buy One Get One Free ticket does the same damn thing.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: April 02, 2016, 06:28:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure the Yum Heart just gives you a heart and uses a battery, while the Soul Vessel can store up to four hearts and has no charge.

Then again, Magdalene is by far my least favorite, so I don't remember her too well and I could be wrong.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: April 02, 2016, 06:51:23 pm »

Oh, yeah. I guess that run where I did something similar, I had picked up some sort of jar item. So you're right, it's not just a reskin, but also the mod swaps the starting items. Too bad he can't make new ones, only reskin them and rearange them (loot table and starting items), right now. I can't wait to see what happens with this mod when the game gets an overhaul built around modding.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: April 02, 2016, 06:56:03 pm »

Stole a Daedric dai-katana (Dae-katana?) from some rich jerk.

That is, the objective best weapon in the game--its damage output is literally beyond compare and easily compensates for the defensive bonus a shield would give.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: April 02, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »

How the fuck did someone have a Daedric weapon at level 8?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: April 02, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »

3 weeks ago, I broke out of a prison cell in an abandoned space station on Mars.

3 seconds ago, I slaughtered a giant mutant/alien/zombie.

My equipment, consisting of power armor, an electric sword, plasma shotgun, and photon rifle, has been cobbled together from scraps reclaimed from junk including empty soda cans, broken clocks, neckties, and grapes using plans inside of a microchip that I tore from the corpse of a dead cat.

I subsisted on nothing but soda and chocolate bars.

The base is only half explored.

Long road to travel.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: April 02, 2016, 09:35:21 pm »

...GAmE?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: April 02, 2016, 10:59:24 pm »

How the fuck did someone have a Daedric weapon at level 8?
Hell if I know. But now I'm 9 and can steal at least 3 per Incense store per night.

Money isn't a problem for me anymore.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: April 02, 2016, 11:35:05 pm »

They didn't have level scaling yet in Daggerfall.  You can find anything at level 8, provided you can get to the right geographic location.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: April 03, 2016, 12:21:43 am »

Nah, I'm pretty sure they do. I just bumped my luck stat up to 60 and started spawncamping Incense-level weapon stores. With this kind of searching at early levels I could get maybe dwarven stuff on a good day.

I think the luck stat is a pretty big part of this, anyway, my other level 8 character has like 40 luck and her best find is a level-appropriate mithril dai-katana.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: April 03, 2016, 02:25:34 am »

3 weeks ago, I broke out of a prison cell in an abandoned space station on Mars.

3 seconds ago, I slaughtered a giant mutant/alien/zombie.

My equipment, consisting of power armor, an electric sword, plasma shotgun, and photon rifle, has been cobbled together from scraps reclaimed from junk including empty soda cans, broken clocks, neckties, and grapes using plans inside of a microchip that I tore from the corpse of a dead cat.

I subsisted on nothing but soda and chocolate bars.

The base is only half explored.

Long road to travel.

Like, legitimately, what the heck is this game I want it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: April 03, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »

Entered the scenario with one pre-dread battleship and three destroyers chasing a damaged cruiser which had been raiding my shipping near Panama.  Ran into no less than four more heavily armed and armored British battlewagons, which promptly led me to attempt to flee to port.  Their opening volleys managed a lucky hit that just barely missed the rudder, leaving the USS Michigan swimming in circles until damage control got the rudder unjammed.  In that time, they managed to get enough hits to be counted only on one hand on the Michigan, while the Michigan crack gunnery crews proceeded to rip the daylights out of the poor Repulse, which managed to get trapped somehow in the chaos of battle between Michigan and the fleet station in Colon.  We disengaged, the Brits won the seas but were left to limp away, leading to the scenario assessment to treat it as a US minor victory.  Considering my sore lack of experience with this game, I'm rather pleased.

EDIT:
During the second Anglo-American War of the 20th century, an American armored cruiser (USS Huntingdon) and four destroyers had the ill luck to encounter an enemy raiding force of three light cruisers (HMS Cordelia, Calliope, and Calypso) and three destroyers off Halifax while patrolling between American-occupied Newfoundland and Bangor.  Ordinarily, this would not have been awful, the Huntingdon being designed to chew up anything short of another cruiser class (and even give those a good showing).  However, save for the fact that due to a storm, the two forces encountered each other within torpedo range, leading to the Huntingdon taking a solid torpedo strike amidships from the HMS Foyle within the first minutes of battle.  Not willing to let the British escape to raid American shipping, the captain of the Huntingdon proceeded to direct damage teams to control the flooding over the course of the next hour, trap the raider force between himself and Nova Scotia due to their overconfidence, then rip them to shreds with concentrated fire from the four 10-inchers and 22 six-inchers.  Just to add insult to injury, the Americans proceeded to loiter long enough to retrieve all British survivors they could from the sunk ships before departing.  The only British ship to escape (to Saint John) was the HMS Ribble, and even it arrived with heavy damage.  The American battleships might not measure up, but the British shall rapidly learn to fear their cruisers.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:45:08 pm by Culise »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5758 on: April 04, 2016, 10:50:32 am »

Looks like the long game is finally paying off. A couple more careful manoevres, and Turan will be a major player in the Black Forest. Partly because I just lucked out and ganked a border estate from the Erstes Imperium that has a significant metal pool.

Might and Fealty.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: April 04, 2016, 11:07:40 am »

Playing as Byzantines, starting in 867. Attempting to restore the Glory that was Rome. After nomming most of the disunited parts of de jure Sicily and Italy, I need to take the main kingdom, currently held by the Karling king of Lotharinga. I find some third-son-of-a-third-son Karling with a weak claim on Italy who'll accept an invitation to court. I vassalize him and press his claim. I win, I now own Italy. Later, we kick the shit out of the Pope and take back Rome. Also, half the Italian peninsula has been converted to Orthodox from Catholic. All in all, a good day for the Empire.

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 709