Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292525 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6435 on: July 25, 2016, 01:58:59 pm »

I've... Literally only heard it praised.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: July 25, 2016, 02:06:49 pm »

I figured out what putting a Supermatter Core in a Singularity does. Oh, and I lived.

SS13
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: July 25, 2016, 02:17:49 pm »

I have heard it shit-talked, but I think it was a fairly good game overall.
It is a terrible, repetitive and buggy piece of shit as a game. As a story, however, it's one of the best I've ever played/read/watched. It is a really exciting cynical yet emotional rollercoaster. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it made me rethink my views on modern entertainment. The reviews on it are divided because it requires a certain opinion to be enjoyed, namely that a good story can carry a bad game. No disrespect for those who don't hold that opinion, of course, and I agree that it's not something to recommend to people who aren't specifically looking for a game like it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: July 25, 2016, 02:56:25 pm »

Ended up committing a ton of war crimes. Survived anyway.

Can we just appreciate the fact that committing war crimes counts as owning on the Bay12 forums?
Honestly, if you did the same in DF you'd be hailed as a Dwarven hero.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:20 pm »

inb4 someone mods white phosphorus into DF
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: July 25, 2016, 04:05:49 pm »

inb4 someone mods white phosphorus into DF

Um... I think I've tried something similar, only it was skin-rotting contact poison. Never got the deployment quite right.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: July 25, 2016, 04:18:18 pm »

it's possible to make an ENTERS_BLOOD venom and give a creature a breath attack with that venom, then have it breath on a stack of weapons to give them coverings of that venom, then stab people with those weapons to "inject" the venom (until blood coverings overwrite the venom coverings)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: July 25, 2016, 04:24:20 pm »

The main thing I've heard negatively about spopsthaline is that it pretty much critisizes the player for doing things that it forces you to do.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: July 25, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »

I made it to the, ah, first enemy that isn't terrorists.  In Ironbro mode (you only get 0-1 bros per level, your bros carry over throughout the entire game).  The last bro standing was Ash Brolins.  He took a running jump off of a tower into the midst of 3 unsuspecting terrorists.  Unfortunately while the two in front had been facing away, the one in back, almost offscreen, had seen him climb the tower and was alerted.  The first two terrorists just barely absorbed all of the blast from Ash's double shotgun and then a very unlucky shot from the remaining terrorist killed him.  An ignoble end to an otherwise glorious run.  Hilariously enough the, ah, new guys in town didn't actually get any bros.  The few that made it that far died to stupid shit that didn't involve them.  See: Ash's death.

Before he died, the second to last bro (MacBrover), stuck dynamite to Satan's penis.  That's gotta count for something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: July 25, 2016, 08:53:00 pm »

Dude, have you beaten the final boss then? Because holy shit it's haaard.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: July 25, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »

Yes, and I have no clue how I'm going to do that on Ironbro.  Just getting there would be an accomplishment I guess.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: July 25, 2016, 10:40:49 pm »

Dude, have you beaten the final boss then? Because holy shit it's haaard.
It is actually really easy as anderbro, just down melee on top if it's head repeatedly.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: July 26, 2016, 01:53:50 am »

The bosses that really concern me:

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: July 26, 2016, 02:38:18 am »

The Kecha Wacha had been destroying me whether I used the gunlance, longsword or twin swords, so I thought I'd try a few more weapon training missions to see what I was missing.

Boy howdy, I was not expecting the Insect Glaive. I love the pole-vault attack, and Kinsects, and finally having a use for all this stupid nectar I keep getting. It's fast, it does a lot of damage, and I get to flip around like Aang from The Last Airbender.

It only took twenty minutes to completely destroy Kecha Wacha. I didn't even need to use a paintball on him because I was on his ass pretty much the entire time.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: July 26, 2016, 12:05:10 pm »

Managed to hold off three NC trying to take Scarred Mesa by myself long enough for reinforcements to (f*cking finally) deploy. Eventually lost the base when I found myself facing even more by myself, but that was after about 20 minutes of me attacking them(failing, but barely), and slowing their attack with mines and mortar ambushes. I want to think that I helped turned the whole alert into a draw rather than a VS win(and continent lock) by slowing down the NC from taking more territory from us.

Towards the end of the alert(and for some time after it), I scored tons of XP from a Sunderer during a massive stalemate at Tawrich Depot. Eventually lost the Sunderer from two engineers with AT turrets raining missiles on the base, but I found my way to their position, killed them, died to their drop-pod respawn, killed them again, died again when they dropped in, found the beacon under the cliff(so low you can't see the beam from the cliff), and killed them again. However, by this point the NC managed to take Tawrich Depot and I stopped playing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 709