Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292982 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7245 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:34 am »

I assassinated my sister which was Spawn of Satan before she managed to grow up and fuck up everything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I need to play this game at some point.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: February 22, 2017, 10:10:07 am »

I assassinated my sister which was Spawn of Satan before she managed to grow up and fuck up everything.

You mean you didn't want to play as the Spawn of Satan?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:03 am »

I'm a ruler of Agnatic Elective Gavelkind Tribe, women can't inherit titles and I can't switch my gender laws yet.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: February 22, 2017, 01:12:38 pm »

I'm a ruler of Agnatic Elective Gavelkind Tribe, women can't inherit titles and I can't switch my gender laws yet.

Aren't those supposed to be immortal though? What manner of superpower comes with being a spawn of satan?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: February 22, 2017, 01:36:50 pm »

Spawn of Satan is not immortal, IIRC, but has insane bonuses to stats, especially to Intrigue. SoS gets super stats only when it becomes 16 years old, tho.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: February 22, 2017, 01:42:30 pm »

Before then they will murder their way through their family, and you get significant opinion penalties too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: February 23, 2017, 06:44:49 am »

Just finished Imperial Guard stronghold mission. Tau meet intense resistance from the IG, but superior firepower of Tau prevailed. For The Greater Good!

WH40K Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:27 am »

So playing FE:Heroes for the first time. I got through the first two chapters and then decided to try out summoning for the first time.

First up: Four star Virion. Better than starting Virion at least.
Second: 3-star Saizo. Was kinda hoping for a healer but meh.
Third: 3-star Lon'qu. Eeehhhh.

Kinda meh so far right?

5-Star Hinoka: Alright, one of my favorite Birthright characters and at five stars. Niiice.

And then:

5-star Lyn, one of the best units in the game, in my first summoning.

If it wasn't clear, Fire Emblem Heroes is the game.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: February 24, 2017, 10:17:36 am »

Discretely dropped a mine in the living room and quickly stepped into a small side room as the target walked in surrounded by his body guards. From within the adjacent room I set off the mine, successfully assassinating the target. As a dozen or so bodyguards rushed into the room to investigate the explosion, I nonchalantly walked out the front door without attracting attention.

Hitman Blood Money

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: February 24, 2017, 10:46:51 am »

You're not gonna get a Silent Assassin rating that way  :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: February 24, 2017, 12:46:33 pm »

Giving Beyond Earth a whirl while I wait for my new games to download. Found that I really like playing as ARC. I just focus on defense and economy while my little birds float from city to city stealing what I need, boosting my research and occasionally thieving me some free units. With max speed bonuses to covert actions I can steal 3 defectors almost as fast as my cities could build the units!

What makes this a win is that I defeated that aggressor, Brasilia, without even besieging a single city. I stole units from his cities and used them to defend against his own attacks while my spies performed coups everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:49:14 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: February 24, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »

I killed the Lich with the shrine to a forgotten hero active for the first time, playing as the pilot. On the Keep of the Lead Lord and the Oubilette, I took damage, no big deal. I beat the Gungeon proper without taking damage, but I've probably done that before. I made it through the Black Powder Mines without taking damage. I cleared out the Hollow without taking damage. My previous best on a run like this was to make it to the Forge and die on the first room, but I beat the Forge without taking damage. Then, I almost beat Bullet Hell without taking damage, except that the Lich hit me less than a second before it died. My heart containers crossed a third of the screen, and my armor another third.

Enter the Gungeon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: February 24, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »

I united the galaxy on Hard with only a little trouble.
Hard is (as I assumed) nonsense in several ways.  I already knew that other races are literally genetically superior (heh), but they obviously get absolutely perverse bonuses to research and spying.  When I was sitting around in the endgame with victory at hand, with over 40 spies on the Psilons, having specifically traded for every single +spying tech...  I literally got 1 tech via spying in the entire game.

But still.  Minmaxing my build, and even buying peace with tech...  ensured my race's dominance.
Technically Bulrathi- but I only chose Bulrathi portrait to remove them from the potential enemies.  Minmaxing *taps forehead*

...Psilons would have been a better choice, but I assumed I could steal their tech.  I could not, even when I should have.  Fortunately they were surrounded by Klackon and Sakkra (AKA moronic expansionists), so they occasionally traded me tech as I took care of the pathetically recalcitrant monsters.  I did offer peace.  Many times.
So I suppose having the Psilons around was beneficial...  But I know that when they ascend, they are the literal worst.

Anyway, pretty sure I've won on Hard a couple times before now.  But it's good to know I've still got it.  I should try impossible, though I bet the AI will be less content to let me build up in peace - damn their self-interests.

Because the reason I posted this here?  Out of 8 races, I didn't kill anyone who didn't attack me first...  And only wiped out the Sakkras (who were repulsive due to hard mode genetweaking, AKA too alien for diplomacy).
I didn't save the whole galaxy, but I only committed one genocide personally...  Okay I'm overthinking this probably...

Edit: Accidental genocide (my skype group's name) aside, I did win by council vote.  And could have taken Antares in a few turns.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:22:41 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: February 24, 2017, 06:23:53 pm »

I united the galaxy on Hard with only a little trouble.
Hard is (as I assumed) nonsense in several ways.  I already knew that other races are literally genetically superior (heh), but they obviously get absolutely perverse bonuses to research and spying.  When I was sitting around in the endgame with victory at hand, with over 40 spies on the Psilons, having specifically traded for every single +spying tech...  I literally got 1 tech via spying in the entire game.

But still.  Minmaxing my build, and even buying peace with tech...  ensured my race's dominance.
Technically Bulrathi- but I only chose Bulrathi portrait to remove them from the potential enemies.  Minmaxing *taps forehead*

...Psilons would have been a better choice, but I assumed I could steal their tech.  I could not, even when I should have.  Fortunately they were surrounded by Klackon and Sakkra (AKA moronic expansionists), so they occasionally traded me tech as I took care of the pathetically recalcitrant monsters.  I did offer peace.  Many times.
So I suppose having the Psilons around was beneficial...  But I know that when they ascend, they are the literal worst.

Anyway, pretty sure I've won on Hard a couple times before now.  But it's good to know I've still got it.  I should try impossible, though I bet the AI will be less content to let me build up in peace - damn their self-interests.

Because the reason I posted this here?  Out of 8 races, I didn't kill anyone who didn't attack me first...  And only wiped out the Sakkras (who were repulsive due to hard mode genetweaking, AKA too alien for diplomacy).
I didn't save the whole galaxy, but I only committed one genocide personally...  Okay I'm overthinking this probably...

Edit: Genocide aside, I did win by council vote.  And could have taken Antares in a few turns.

What....game is this? Sounds interesting.

Also, I just finished downloading God Eater Resurrection and just started doing some missions. Killed the Vajira (i think that's how you spell it) that spawns in an early mission that you're supposed to run from and ignore but my Monster Hunter senses tingled and I cheesed it with rapid shotgun blasts to the face.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: February 24, 2017, 06:27:08 pm »

While my two gunners were away from the colony(while carrying the only two guns) on a trade mission to sell weed, leather, and potatoes to a friendly city, an injured woman fell from an escape pod. I immediately kidnapped her for later recruitment(the social guy was one of the gunners). A few days later, during an alphabeaver attack, during an eclipse, a pirate raid shows up. One guy with a club, one woman with a rifle. I quickly rounded up everyone(all three of them), gave the two melee guys sharp things, and the child soldier a shortbow I nabbed from a tribal raid a while back.

I maneuver my guys behind a mountain wall. The clubber walked a short distance away from his partner, so I moved out of cover just enough to draw aggro, then pulled back to ambush him. He's quickly stabbed repeatedly to death. His partner starts running around the other way, so I head her off on the other side of the mountain. Caught her unawares, and she was beat up before she could fire more than one bullet. Captured her for later recruitment.

The traders will be surprised that the previously all-male colony now has two women in it. Even better, the captured pirate was an Oaf(the second pirate Oaf to be captured), meaning she's got great farming, mining, and construction skill.

What....game is this? Sounds interesting.
Looks like Master of Orion 2.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 709