Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292736 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7635 on: June 11, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »

Gave up on the Pursuer after 2 tries because I was annoyed at how little damage my weapons do.  I know myself, even if his attacks are easy to dodge it requires like 3 rolls per combo and if I have to do that 30 times I'm going to choke right at the end.  The upshot is that I was playing a dex/dodging build (albeit with no spoilers or guides besides looking up what the stats do) and I didn't have anything good against armor.  Both the paths of advancement I could find require fighting 15 foot tall knights in full plate, so yeah.

Anyway, the own is that I found the fire longsword unspoiled.  Which required doing something rather brave IMO.  Anyway, with my newfound ability to actually do damage I carved a path of death through Heide's Tower of Flame.  I fearlessly dodged around and into the giant knights, then beat the boss on my second try (the first was me severely hollowed).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Secondary own, but I beat the true area boss.  The white knights in the area, with the swords, are decently hard.  However, the single one with what looks like a boar spear has an entirely different moveset that is crazy bullshit.  He has the same intentionally strange attack timings as sword guys, but unlike them his combos are long and his attacks long and varied ranges.  He also combines thrusts and horizontal swings (?), and his weapon doesn't have sweet spot.  Him hitting you with the wooden bit does as much damage as the pointy end.  He is so much harder than the boss and I think he has over half as much health.  I made it a point of pride to beat him and I finally did... the reward did not impress me.  But I got a good laugh out of it, and quit while I was ahead.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: June 11, 2017, 03:22:25 pm »

Also, that's basically the Pursuer fight in a nutshell. Every time he attacks you dodge to the right (his left), continue dodging until he stops attacking, hit him, repeat.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:25:23 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: June 12, 2017, 10:26:05 am »

Started playing Ocarina of Time. My first LoZ game... holy shit.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: June 12, 2017, 04:06:39 pm »

Recommend playing Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, or Twilight Princess after that. They are the most directly connected to OoT in one way or another.

OoT is a common favorite, it's just all-around fantastic. The only one I like more is Twilight Princess, personally.

Also, in playing Civ 6, I was a declared friend of every civilization but Ghandi, which to me is the ideal state of international relations.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:08:15 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: June 12, 2017, 04:21:32 pm »

Black lives matter.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: June 12, 2017, 06:59:10 pm »

Original or 3D?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: June 12, 2017, 08:11:31 pm »

Original or 3D?

Original.

My planned progression was play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker, and then spend a billion dollars for a switch and get Breath of the Wild.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: June 12, 2017, 08:13:06 pm »

Original or 3D?

Original.

My planned progression was play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker, and then spend a billion dollars for a switch and get Breath of the Wild.

I can source you a switch for a 100 million, unmarked USD. Just hit me up and we'll work out the kinks. Save you a lotta money.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: June 12, 2017, 09:57:37 pm »

Completed "[EXTREME] METALLIC ARCHAEA" with an S rank after many, many tries.

Also completed the [TOTAL STEALTH] versions of "OVER THE FENCE" and "FOOTPRINTS OF PHANTOMS".

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: June 13, 2017, 02:11:47 am »

Original or 3D?

Original.

I can source you a switch for a 100 million, unmarked USD. Just hit me up and we'll work out the kinks. Save you a lotta money.
Thats, like, 90% off. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »

Finished the Empire campaign on VH/VH. Damn thing is hard. Probably not helped by the fact that I'm running a ton of mods.

Total War: WARHAMMER
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: June 13, 2017, 02:38:13 pm »

Finally invaded someone without me getting killed.

Instead, I killed all their staff, and stole nearly every resource contained and weapon emplacement.

The FOB owner can't even retaliate since they don't know how to get to me.

Sniper rifles and suppressors are wonderful things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: June 13, 2017, 05:22:29 pm »

Sniper rifles? As in just regular ones and not the "BOOMANTI-TANKROUNDSTOTHEFACE" sniper rifles?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: June 13, 2017, 05:50:05 pm »

I never really figured out doing FOBs. I get the idea on how to do the actual sneak-in-and-wreck-someone, since there's two required missions for that. But do I just pick somebody's base and off I go to ruin someone's day? How safe is my stuff, can someone just murder/kidnap off all my staff and resources and leave me with an empty Mother Base?
Sniper rifles? As in just regular ones and not the "BOOMANTI-TANKROUNDSTOTHEFACE" sniper rifles?
I'd assume normal sniper rifles, as I'm pretty sure you can't get a suppressor for an anti-tank rifle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: June 13, 2017, 05:58:17 pm »

Technically you can fit a suppressor on pretty much any weapon. But an anti-tank weapon is still really loud when suppressed.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 709